This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar M-Eazy 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    qDizzle32
    Participant

Okay so getting Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad are not official but if they both end up committing to Kentucky and if all five of their starters from this year end up leaving for the NBA this what their roster will most likely will be unless a few transfers happen or some of the starters decide to stay.

C. Nerlens Noel Fr.

F Kyle Wiltjer So.

F Shabazz Muhammad Fr.

G Archie Goodwin Fr.

G Ryan Harrow So.

Alex Poythress Fr.

Jon Hood Jr.

Willie Cauley Fr.

Twany Beckham Sr.

Jarrod Polson Jr.

then maybe those two lil walk on guys who nobody gives a fxck about whatever their names are.

Lose your entire starting five? No big deal if you happen to have the name of John Calipari. Every year after getting John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Daniel Orton to Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb to Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marquis Teague and Kyle Wiltjer he can just rebuild and rebuild. Notable returning players there are Kyle Wiltjer former McDonald’s All American who may not be like the rest of his class who will just leave for the NBA after a year but he is the type of player who just has to gain confidence and polish his game a little bit then maybe has the potential to be an All American player by his Junior or Senior year. NC State transfer Ryan Harrow who was ineligable to play this year due to his transfer plus Jon Hood who missed the entire season with an injury who hasn’t really proved anything so far who still could end up being a good player. Could this end up being Calipari’s best team yet?

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

This is getting ridiculous.  Does anyone else who is not a UK fan enjoy seeing all these talented guys go to kentucky?  As a college basketball fan, I want to see the wealth spread.  Most of these freshmen could go on most other teams and be one of the main guys right off the bat.

LawDeeZee
    Participant

and who knows if it will really happen, but kidd-gilchrist has said he’ll be back at kentucky next yar

M-Eazy
    Participant

Too bad Nerlens Noel will be going to Syracuse to play with his bestfriend Michael Carter-Williams. 

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

That team of Wall,Cousins,Patterson & Bledsoe was more talented..But this current team of Davis, Jones,Gilcrest,Teague is his best team…They play so well 2gether…

qDizzle32
    Participant

That’s not true he just narrowed his list down to 3 schools.

M-Eazy
      Participant

Yeah I know but it’s said that Cuse is in the lead because of MCW.  Honestly Georgetown has no chance it’s just between Cuse and NBA U.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Too bad Nerlens Noel will be going to Purdue to play with his BFF DJ Byrd…

Trust me.  I have a scoop.

Hale
    Participant

I said it another thread if all goes right, next year’s team could be better. MKG could stay, and they could end up getting Noel (very likely imo), Muhammad and Anthony Bennett. Those four and Harrow in your starting five would be ridiculous, plus the bench would be like a Top 30 team on it’s own. Of those I think MKG will come back (only guy I’ve ever believed saying that) and Noel will sign.

B Free
    Participant

Also you mean 2012-2013

WinterSoldier
    Participant

With all this being a possibility, Has there ever been a time where the first three players taken in the draft have been on the same team?

Hale
    Participant

I have to think that has never happened before. It would be really sick if it did though. 

B Free
    Participant

The closest I can remember off the top of my head was 2 and 3 Emeka and Ben Gordon

TomShoe
    Participant

If both Nerlens Noel AND Shabazz Muhammad go to Kentucky, I will cease to be a college basketball fan.

Kentucky fans piss me off so much, all they do is pat eachother on the back because they win a lot with an engine they replace every year. It annoys me, but watching Vandy beat them, the fact that the stadium was nearly empty at the trophy presentation was what got me.

Festus_medium

uknation
    Participant

Cuse has a good chance of getting him but having a best friend there will have nothing to do with it. How many recruits end up going where there best friend is?  They go places that they feel is the best fit for them not because their best friend is there

M-Eazy
      Participant

"Cuse has a good chance of getting him but having a best friend there will have nothing to do with it. How many recruits end up going where there best friend is? They go places that they feel is the best fit for them not because their best friend is there"

He really wants to play MCW…not saying he wants to go to Cuse to hang out with MCW.  They’re friends that have formed a bound on the court.  He feels Cuse is a great fit for him that’s why they remain on the list…the remaining schools are all excellent fits now it’s time for little things like his best friend being on the team to help him adjust to college life

M-DYMES
    Participant

Calipari must give out one hell of a BJ

uknation
    Participant

All about knowing you will go high in the draft or get drafted even if know one ever heard of you(Josh Harellson). Haters will hate because their team doesn’t get AA’s so that’s natural. Before Cal there was Dean Smith getting these guys and eventually he won titles. The difference is he did it in the age when top players stayed for 2-3 years

Truett
    Participant

Honestly, I understand the kids for gettiing money when they can, but it would be nice to see them come back sometimes… Mad respect for Terrence Jones, who is often criticized and could not really improve his draft position, yet came back because he wanted to win… 

rwd5035
    Participant

If Nerlens Noel wants to be a dominant player, he’ll go to Kentucky. Syracuse’s zone will not help him develop his game as a low block defender. He’d be very good in it because he could just camp in the paint, and get blocks. However, that won’t translate to the NBA.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

I was joking, guys…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login