This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Rakki 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Rakki
    Participant

Im hoping it doesnt happen. Why is the union so greedy, even with paycut the player still make alot doing something they like.

WillisWalt
    Participant

The players and owners are both greedy. I know it’s a free-market system, but it needs the influx of cash from interested fans to be viable. Baseball almost killed itself a couple strikes ago, and actually mocked American fans saying they always come back no matter how many times they’ve been slapped in the face, and the fans came back. That almost turned into the forest fire that MLB desperately needs.

The NBA has done a good job of avoiding strikes, and I hope they do it again, but I’d like to see the owners and players work out an agreement where player salaries and ticket prices both go down. Make a higher percentage of revenue from paid advertising on the television broadcasts. If more fans are coming to the games and feeling good about it, ratings should improve. And a player making $10 million is just as rich as one making $17. I’d like to see them start by cutting salaries to less than half of what they are now, but I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening. But something rather drastic is needed, in my opinion. It should be a sport that the average worker can take his family out to a few times per year or more without having to save up for it like a family vacation. I’d like to hear what others have to say about this.

Rakki
    Participant

Agree

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login