This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JNixon 14 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    the barron
    Participant

The Pac-10 has been filled with NBA talent the past two years. This past year six players from the Pac-10 were drafted in the first round headlined by the third pick, James Harden. OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, the Lopez twins and Kevin Love were top picks in the 2008 draft and contributed in their rookie seasons. Unfortunately with the departures of Jrue Holliday, Jordan Hill, Harden, Budinger, the USC trio (DeRozan, Gibson, Hackett), and Jon Brockman the Pac-10 hardly has any first round propects. My top prospect is Patrick Christopher of Cal. He withdrew his name from this years class and should lead Cal to a good season. This list was hard to do but here are my top five prospects from the Pac-10:

1. Patrick Chistopher 6’5 SG California
    2. Abdul Gaddy 6’3 PG/SG Washington
    3. Dwight Lewis 6’5 SG USC
    4. Nic Wise 5’10 PG Arizona
    5. Quincy Pondexter SG/SF Washington

Not that great of a group compared to the past couple of years. Jerome Randle of Cal and Isiah Thomas from Washington are good scorers but because they are small players may not be considered NBA prospects this year.

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

i dont see any of these guys as 1st picks next year, Gaddy will be good but i dont think he can be another Huskie superstar freshman guard

Hale
    Participant

Gaddy isn’t eligible for the draft. He is to young. He could enter as a sophomore though.

llperez

the confrence has been hard hit by early departures the last couple years, probably more then any other confrence. So this will be a real down year, both in terms of the teams and the individual prospects coming out. I can’t even think of a player who has the chance to go in the first round. Isiah thomas will probably be the best player, and Patrick Cristopher will probably be the best prospect. Cal should be hands down the best team and possible top 10 in the nation.

koty
    Participant

i would include michael dunnigan in this group. i dont think he will b ready after soph year, but after junior year, watch out

koty
    Participant

also, J’Mison Morgan, i think thats how u spell it. Kid is a beast down low

llperez

he is one of the better prospects and better bigs in the confrence. But I think he is gonna be in Oregon for awhile, I don’t see him being first round material after this year.

llperez

Wow, I really hope so. He was supposed to be the Bruins second biggest recruit last year behind Holliday. The magazines were saying how he was gonna take Love’s place and be this awesome college player. He was garbage. He did’nt receive any significant playing time and was the teams 5th best freshman. He is big though, I’ll give him that.

JNixon
    Participant

This conference doesnt have any real prospects right now. Christopher is the only player right now that has 1st round potential in the whole conference for next year. I could see Isaiah Thomas having a break out yr, and being a top 25 pick (ala Nate Robinson) though

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login