Nice - - liked first one better tho

Your high on Solomon Alabi, u really think hes that good

Michael.S.
Willie at 26?

Favors IMO is a top 5 lock, Alabi is tooo high IMO

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I think he could be really

I think he could be really good.He is raw, I think year 2 in the ACC will make him look better. Plus, this team's O will go through him, so he will have no excues.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I put Willie at 26

I put Willie at 26 because

A) alot of team dont really need a PG/SG

and

B) he wont get no time at PG...again.

Michael.S.
Cousins is a little too

high imo and Sidney could go lottery

Michael.S.
Paul George

tooo low , he got top 5 talent IMO

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I think Cousin will be a

I think Cousin will be a monster at UK...Sidney can go lotto but i think he falls out because of his Character

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I know, I dont know too much

I know, I dont know too much about George so i dropped him

Michael.S.
OK but you will after this year trust me

why is Favors at #10? what do u think of him?

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I like Favors. He could be

I like Favors. He could be good but i think he may slip ( like other freshman) because some talented like Aldrich and Davis may get more love because the played more at the college level

Stanford hoops
yeah cousins will prob slip

yeah cousins will prob slip cuz he loafs and playes lazy defense

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
maybe...but you know how Cal

maybe...but you know how Cal is with the D.

Stanford hoops
so was alot of coaches..the

so was alot of coaches..the thing history has taught is is hs freshman that are kinda lazy/play no d doesnt change once they become freshmen in college..the most recent example was d.jordan when he went to texas a&m and there coach and team was known for playing tough d and working hard

Stanford hoops
as well as pitino and d

as well as pitino and d caracter..which is who cousins plays alot like

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
dude...you never know...he

dude...you never know...he could do a 180 and turn it around...

Stanford hoops
nothing is impossible but

nothing is impossible but the chances of that happening is about 5 percent if that...is just doesnt happen....i really cant think of one player who came out of his with that tag and did a 180 as a freshman..not one...and its not gonna happen just because a fan wants it to happen

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Greg Monroe?

Greg Monroe?

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
ive watched cousins for 2

ive watched cousins for 2 and half years and hes been like that since then..thats something that just doesnt change over night..sorry knicks...monroe never had the lazy dont play d tag..all hes had is the dont play physical and more finesse tag

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Thanks for the info. But Im

Thanks for the info. But Im still gonna keep him at 8, i believe he can at least hustle on D and become more intense on D.

Stanford hoops
i cant argue with that since

i cant argue with that since i have only seen him for a year...but everyone ive chat with that has seen his game for alot longer as well as writers say the same thing..lesser talent big men tend to out work him and he loafs alot...matter of fact the game against favors in which favors gave him 42 and 22 reb was just ridiculous..its liek he said i dont care..i hope some one tells him talent and potenial only gets you so far because he does have talent...but we all know how hard it is to just one day get that fire under you...now i remeber exactly who he reminds me of...marvin stone..i hope he doesnt end up like him

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
so you're saying he's a bust

so you're saying he's a bust already? All im saying is...give him a chance.

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
yeah..thats how fans of

yeah..thats how fans of players are ..they alwasy hold onto that hope no matter what facts say against it....but yeah josh that is a accurate assesment of him...neither was incredible athletic both had potenial and post movies but wasnt to interested in defense and gained weight every year...i hope he doesnt end up that way either but thats where hes headed.....oh yeah you were asking about does anyone remeber wall before this past season...i do ..he played in a tournament for d-one aau team had a very good tournament..he pretty much out played most of the guys out there untill he ran into brandon jennings...jennings destroyed him like jordan did craig ehlo..lol..another thing was walls three point shot was very nice

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
im think he could be good.

im think he could be good. you never know...the right player and the right coach....I just feel like i'll give him a chance before labeling BUST on his forehead

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
whos labeling him a bust..im

whos labeling him a bust..im just giving a FULL scouting report that i noticed only josh and that other guy gives..the rest of ya'll just say what the players did in hs or what they CAN do but always fail to mention the other side of the coin...u should take you own advice..before labeling a player a SUPERSTAR let them play ...it goes both ways

Stanford hoops
thats funny because thats

thats funny because thats what just about all the people on here do..they say how great this or that player is or the next draft before the player even steps on the floor..then when you tell them there weaknesses they think you have something against the player or wrong..yet they do the same thing by saying how good they are gonna be before they even play..it doesnt even matter that you have more knowledge about the player because youve seen them or the fact that scouting is youre job (jakarii).so you have more access to the players...jakarii33 you have to realize that most of the guys, once they liek a player thats it you cant tell them anything wrong about the player..they dont see the whole picture...you should talk to 2 of the young ones on here because they wanna be where you are at and be a scout but they dont realize that they have to give the good and bad of a player

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I never labeled him a

I never labeled him a star.your telling me something and its all negative....I just said give him a chance. I said he could be good....thats it...i never said

Future 15-time NBA all-star, 4 time MVP DeMarcus Cousin.

I said he could be good....

Stanford hoops
tru but you do say some of

tru but you do say some of the players will or the draft will be the best ever before giving it a chance..thats different then saying could and might

Stanford hoops
why would i give the

why would i give the positives..you already cover that with every player..its nothing but positives..i really cant recall you ever mentioning the negitives of these freshmen....

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
lol..you must be old....i

lol..you must be old....i said ( please read slowly so you can understand)

2010 could "potentially" be on of the best drafts ever.....

Im not one of these people who like hype up John Wall or Derrick Favors all the time.....

and another thing, why are you guys complaining about opinions on a forum?

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
are you one of the kids

are you one of the kids wanting to be a scout?..well let me give u a lil advice..ive been doing this for a couple years now (for westcoast hoops, fivestar, and hoopscooponline) and one thing you have to be is objective if you wanna be taken seriously..you cant just name the postitives of the players you have to equally give the negitives you also have to make sure you let poeple know that something might be the best or a player could do this ..never do absoultes like this will be or he will be because you have to realize when these players are playing highschool games the competition is pretty low ...its alot like college to nba how hansboro dominated college but probably wont dominate the nba like that because the competition changes...just some advice since you wanna do this for a living one day

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
never mind forget i said a

never mind forget i said a thing..you obviously know more then i do

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
did you see my comments on

did you see my comments on my mock? i already commented on his game... and lack of defense I didnt see all these players but i gave a estimate on these players...

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
i guess...you guys feel like

i guess...you guys feel like your all better then everyone.....all i said was give the guy a chance and you just go on a rant about young people....you guys sound old.....

doesnt matter, i see more of him at UK. You guys need to work on that....

Stanford hoops
actully about the 2010 draft

actully about the 2010 draft you said "this draft is the best since 03"..before the players even step on the floor...not it might be the best since....they only maybe was after you said "maybe even better then 03"...and i understand what u saying jakarii33..its like if you play in the nba and go to a open gym and see a tyoung player whos pretty good and you try to give them pointers and they are like " you must be old or im not listening to you or just rebel against you "..even though you are exactly where they are trying to get too...i actually did that once when i was in higschool and derrick mckie was tryna teach me some stuff and i didnt listen mostly becaus ei just finished punishing him on the court..lol

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
lol..lil boy i will be third

lol..lil boy i will be third row at a coupel of games because of the scouting company i work for..how about you work on getting to where im already at..youre the one TRYING to become a scout...im already there...not only that i will be doing this for awhile and continue to be at teh games of the up and comming players why you are reading whats went on on line or watching you tube

Stanford hoops
ya;ll 2 are funny..knicks

ya;ll 2 are funny..knicks leave me out of this i have zero to prove seeing as ive been there done that and still getting paid to play basketball in europe...i dont know alot about most the players that yall do but i really dont have time to untill the offseason ...i actually rather play then watch other people play and then try to predict what they can or cant do....this is something to past the time during the summer before i head back over so ya'll both need to chill....i am suprised you dont try to take jakarii33 advice seeing as you do wanna be a scout correct???..and he does scouting for a living..it would seem obvious to liste but hey what do i know..im just a old 27 year old that watches and plays the game so hey whatever

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Actually, if you go back to

Actually, if you go back to that post ( i remember it)

I said......this is potentially the best draft since 03....ill stand by it...so what? I think talent-wise it could be in terms of Depth IMO.

also, your complaining about opinions on a forum....

Listen, I understand what you guys are saying but it's kinda annoying for someone to complain about someone's opinions on a forum. At least ask why you think that but you guys are ready to kill for no reason....

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I just felt like you guys

I just felt like you guys tried to disrespect me for no reason...

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
by the way josh..i talked to

by the way josh..i talked to joe harrington the other day and he confirmed that maryland is interested in the huestis kid from montana and they are sending keith booth out to the pump and run to watch him hes playing with the belmont shore aau team and is probably gonna transfer to the findley prep school in vegas which would be perfect for him since tristen thompson is there at the pf/c and the joesph kid runs the point so huestis can slide right into the sf spot..vaccaro said by the end of the summer he could easily be ranked top player of the sr class...you were right hes very good

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
jakarii33- what is the right

jakarii33- what is the right road to becoming a scout? like how to start....

also, what do u think of Kenny Boynton?

Stanford hoops
wow for real......belmont

wow for real......belmont shores is one of if not the top aau teams out there..at least they were when i was playing and last year...he definatly should get out of montana...its funny though because everyone on here down played how good he is when i told them about him after seeing him play and workout at ucla..its gonna be funny during the season when they start jumping on the bandwagon after dogging him for being from montana....its not suprising hes good though cuz his father is derrell hodges who used to play at colorado university and played overseas for 10 years

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
jakarii33....some advice

jakarii33....some advice please?

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
boynton is pretty good..im

boynton is pretty good..im not sure florida was the right place for him since he will probably be asked to score which he can do but alot of nba teams are gonna wanna see that he can run the point as far as finding the open man creating and making teammates better in which case he should have picked a place wit a lil more talent around him..as far as becomming a scout i got into it by doing a intern with westcoast hoops.....i first started by doing it on my own and finding out about a player before the big scouting services then sending them info on the player..then once they went to check the player out and saw how accurate i was i started to get lil intern offers and went from there

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
i remeber hodges..they

i remeber hodges..they called him pancho i think..hes a actor now ..i didnt know that is his father..would explain why hes so tall...another player to watch out for is dj wright..plays for slcc and just lead them to the juco championship as a freshman..plays alot like carmelo anthony but some times he needs to be motivated

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
oh ok. so you think more

oh ok. so you think more than a 1 and done for Boynton?

My Uncle like gets me tapes from HS games from Chicago and other game film. Also, like my step brother like gets to see some HS players play and stuff so he send me tapes and little notes on whats scouts say and stuff like that.

also, since i live in Syracuse..i got a like a scouting internship so i get to travel around with the team next year....

Stanford hoops
our aau team might be

our aau team might be sending a kid named roscoe smith to syracuse

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I heard that name

I heard that name before...do you know what team are in the running for him? like West Virginia?

Stanford hoops
dc assult..hes playing with

dc assult..hes playing with either them or team melo..from my home state maryland..very very good player..great shooter about 6'7 good handles..he will make first or second team allamerican this year

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
yea...i though he committed

yea...i though he committed somewhere?

RSS: Syndicate content