This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Tobe Bryant 12 years ago.

• Author
    Tobe Bryant
    Participant

Which squad would win?!?

2010 Kentucky

PG- John Wall

SG- Eric Bledsoe

SF- Darius Miller

PF- Patrick Patterson

C- Demarcus Cousins

Kentucky 2012

PG- Marquis Teague

SG- Doron Lamb

SF- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

PF- Terrence Jones

C- Anthony Davis

I take 2010 Kentucky, but it’ll be a FUN match-up!

lolyouth
    Participant

So a national championship means… nothing to you??

Tobe Bryant
    Participant

Because I think the 2010 team woulda ran thru EVERYBODY this year…strictly off the strength of John Wall.

Hale
    Participant

I think it’d be a great game. Wall would probably have his way with Teague. I’m not sure Lamb could stay in front of Bledsoe, but I think in the end it would be pretty much a push there. MKG has a definite advantage over Miller. Patterson and Jones would be an extremely intriguing matchup to watch. But I think it would come down to who wins the battle between Cousins and Davis. I think Davis would have lots of trouble dealing with Cousins strength, and Cousins would have some issues with Davis’ length. Gun to my head I’d say 2010 edges out 2012.

That’s at least as far as talent goes. Although 2010 had a huge let down game in the tourney and 2012 stayed strong, so maybe their will is greater. 

UNCbasketballbum
    Participant

the only matchup advantage the 2010 team had over this years team was at pg.  imagine wall running the point with mkg and davis……..yikes.

Chewy
    Participant

John Wall was ’10 best advantage and biggest disadvantage at the same time. Remember when they lost in March is was because Wall and Bledsoe shot horribly from 3 and didn’t give Cousins the ball. This would take away from the strength advatage that Cousins would have in the post because he wouldn’t get many touches. Lamb provides outside shooting (along with senior Miller and Whjilcher(sp) ) that the ’10 team just didn’t have. Teague is gunna lose his match up. MKG completly shuts down his match up. Jones could take Patterson with his quickness and perimeter skills, but would have trouble bodying him down low.

Close but i’m taking ’12

OneAndDone
    Participant

these two teams had virtually the same talent level with 2010 probably having even more. the difference is Calipari figured out how to convince the guys how to play like a team this year. had he convinced that 2010 team to play together like this years squad did they would have been just as dominant. my vote goes to the 2012 team because winning was all that really mattered to them. both extremely fun teams to watch and would be a hell of a game tho

Ghost01
    Participant

So a national championship means… nothing to you??

In this argument, no. Kentucky didn’t face a 1 seed, and only faced one 2 seed all tourney long. Last year, UConn’s team wasn’t better than some previous UConn teams that didnt win the title. 

TRC1991
    Participant

i agree with the guy above me about how UCONN’s squad last year wasnt the best ever despite winning a title

but im gonna take 2012 because of the incredible chemistry and frontline.

ilike.panochas
    Participant

I’m sorry, but as good as Davis is defensively, even he can’t stop Cousins’ steam (very few can). Cousins have atleast 60lbs on him and actually longer than Davis (6’11 w/ 7’5 wingspan) along with Cousins’ superior offensive skills. I actually think the 2010 Kentucky has a better squad (deeper bench).

PulseGlazer
    Participant

2012 squad played far better together, while 2010 had more talent.  I’ll take the teamwork…

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Im going with 2010.

Wall would kill Teague

Bledsoe would kill Lamb, and lock him up.

MKG would probably get the best of D.Miller

Patrick Patterson would get the best of Terrence Jones(TJ is too inconsitent)

And i got big Cousins(6-11 270) getting the advantage over Davis(6-9 215)

So out of the starting 5’s I have a 4-1 advantage for the 2010 team.

Then let’s not forget 2012 team has no bench

2010 had Deandre Liggins,Darnell Dodson and Daniel Orton who all contributed as well at times.

benny15
    Participant

on 2k12, give me the 2010 any day. on real life, ill hand it to the 2012 team due to how much more they hustled and fought for each possesion. i’ll also take defensive front line over the much supperior offensive front court of the O-10 squad.

however, if this game happens in the NBA, i believe the 2010 team would win. Offense and talent is just regarded higher and relates to wins more as compared to in college where Defense, hustle and team play gets rewarded more. the way the game is called also differ for both level of basketball.

uknation
    Participant

2012 9 times out of ten. You guys keep looking at individual talent and not at the way the guys played as a team. This is why 2012 would continue to win. Team plus make the 2010 team shoot jumpers. Wall scores by drives which is exactly what Davis would want. On top of that MKG would frustrate him to no end by playing off of him. 

Tobe Bryant
    Participant

But Davis couldn’t leave Cousins to keep helping off of Wall’s penetration. Cousins has length and strength, but conditioning for him WAS a factor. This would be just a FUN FUN FUN matchup, those guys should play a charity game like the We Believe Warriors and current Warriors. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login