This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar redactor 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

I am sick and tired of all the 09 draft comparision, so how about let’s do some ’10 draft analyses.

1. John Wall (Derrick Rose)
    2. Ed Davis (Michael Beasley)
    3. Donatas Motiejunas (Andrea Bargnani)
    4. Derrick Favors (Josh Smith)
    5. Cole Aldrich (Nick Collison)
    6. Soloman Alabi (Samuel Dalembert)
    7. Jeff Teague (Monta Ellis)
    8. Greg Monroe (Jason Thompson)
    9. Willin Warren (Rashad McChants)
    10. Patrick Patterson (Keyon Martin)
    11. Devin Ebanks (Travis Outlaw)
    12. Craig Brakins (Charlie Villanueva)
    13. Jarvis Varnado (Tyrus Thomas)
    14. Kemba Walker (Aaron Brooks)

And there is myself, possibly better than all of these guys by the end of next June…

Mr.Duke 1426
    Participant

A lot of these are really good. Especially Monroe, Patterson and Ebanks. Good post. And a quick question. Do you know and guy named ian gray? He is a frosh at wake this year.

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Yeah, isn’t he a sophomore from Kansas City???

Mr.Duke 1426
    Participant

Ya me and him have known each other our whole lives basically. I still live in KC but him and his family moved out to VA a while back. And just another thought, who would you compare yourself too?

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

This whole comparision thing about myslef gets my mind twisted.
    Cuz this site compares me to Shareef-Abdul, man !!! I ain’t really him cuz he relies on post skills and I don’t want to end up like him cuz he almost never won enough to go to the playoffs.

And there is Deng and Marvin Williams. I mean, they are okay comparisions but look at their college stats, I am a lot better at rebonding and I am more like a PF…

My favorite is J-Smoove. J is got hops, can rebond like me, and blocks shots. But again, I am working hard on that jumper and I know I will be a better jump shooter than J.

Don’t get twisted, cuz when the season starts, I won’t spend this much time posting anymore…

stay real my man!!!!

michaelds911
    Participant

Reef would have won some post season games if he wouldn’t have spent his prime on garbage teams like the Grizzlies and Hawks. “You” should be happy to be compared to him. I think Cole and Willie will be better than Collison and McCants, and Ed Davis is not Michael Beasley at all. I pretty much agree with everything else though.

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Ed Daivs might not look like a Beasley right now cuz he is only having enough playing time to get 7 pts, and 6 rebs, but they possess the similar skillset, athleticism, and size. Mike is just a little but better at shooting…

tuck243
    Participant

So stop answering people questions like you are… And to the idiot that think you are him, wake the F up!!!

Ed Davis plays nothing like Mike… What they left handed? Come on…

Derrick Favors isn’t half of Josh Smith athletic wise… What they played for the same AAU team? Come on…

Willie Warren is more explosive then McCants and with more handles…

Patrick Patterson is just as athletic as K-Mart But the comparison stops there…

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

tuck243,
    don’t give me that crap, I ain’t gonna change who I really am just cuz u say something…

Untouchable J
      Participant

Okay, if your really Al… I know your brother. Who did he go to prom with?

LBJ_Greatness
    Participant

anybody have any insight on G/F Paul George from Fresno St.?
    some mocks have him top 10 while others dont even have him listed

butidonthavemoney

Cole Aldrich is going to be way better than Collison. At the very least he will be a much better defender.

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

because Cole Aldrich has a similar skill set as Collison(big, strong, unathletic, decent outside shot), but Aldrich is better overall i dont know if you get this maybe someone else can explain it better, same goes for Kemba-Brooks theyre both small and extremely quick but I think Walker will defenitley have a better career also Donatus too. I have never seen the dude play, idk if u have, but the fact that he is ranked above proven stars like Patterson and Aldrich makes it unfair to compare him to a medioce player like Bargnani maybe he’s really a slightly better Mehmet Okur

your others i agree with patterson, varnado, great pick for Alabi, but i think Monroe and Warren wil be better than their comparisons also teague might not be as good as ellis but he’s more of a natural point guard

And… what about “yourself” who would compare to you

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

To answer ya’ll question, look at the one that’s 9 posts above

ncballer

1. John Wall (Derrick Rose meets Rajon Rondo)
    2. Ed Davis (Jermaine O’Neal)
    3. Donatas Motiejunas (haven’t seen him play can’t comment)
    4. Derrick Favors (Michael Beasley)
    5. Cole Aldrich (Better Shooting Ben Wallace)
    6. Soloman Alabi (Hasheem Thabeet)
    7. John Henson (Andrei Kirelenko)
    8. Greg Monroe (C-Webb)
    9. Willin Warren (Rashad McChants)
    10. Patrick Patterson (Emeka Okafor)
    11. Devin Ebanks (Travis Outlaw)
    12. Craig Brakins (haven’t seen him play)
    15. Al-Farouq Aminu (Luol Deng)

I think Teague is gonna end up staying in the draft.

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Woww ncballer,

I am staying at school and go through all that hassle to forgo my lottery status right now,
    and just to end up being a #15 guy in’10 ???

Get you mind straight !!!

Hale
    Participant

I believe you were called out by s2jepeka. I’m not going to comment on whether I believe who you are or not, because quite frankly I’m not sure, but I think that you should answer his question if you want to quiet some doubters. Good comparisons btw.

ncballer

Oh i just added “you” to “your” list. It’s not necessarily in order. I like “you” as a prospect.

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

1. John Wall- rondo,rose,gary payton,jason kidd
    2. Ed Davis- andre kirilenko
    3. Donatas Motiejunas (Andrea Bargnani)
    4. Derrick Favors- blake griffin [more defense]
    5. Cole Aldrich (Nick Collison)
    6. Soloman Alabi (Samuel Dalembert)
    7. Jeff Teague- gilbert arenas
    8. Greg Monroe- antawn jamison
    9. Willin Warren-chauncey billups,ben gordon
    10. Patrick Patterson (Keyon Martin)
    11. Devin Ebanks- tracy mcgrady [raptors version]
    12. Craig Brakins (Charlie Villanueva)

redactor
    Participant

As I have posted on another thread, the Al-Farouq Aminu character on this message board IS NOT the player himself. I am Aminu’s uncle, and I personally talked to Farouq to confirm he does not post messages on this board.
    This guy would be a bit more believable as Farouq if he didn’t come off as such an ignorant braggart.
    On the other hand, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so perhaps this joker is such a huge Aminu fan that he couldn’t find another way to express his hero worship.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login