This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar stanford hoops 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Ollstar
    Participant

OK, I know it’s way early but based on whats happened so far this offseason these are my guesses for the playoffs next season.
    East
    1 – Miami Heat
    2 – Orlando Magic
    3 – Chicago Bulls
    4 – Boston Celtics
    5 – Atlanta Hawks
    6 – Charlotte Bobcats
    7 – Milwaukee Bucks
    8 – Philadelphia 76ers

West
    1 – LA Lakers
    2 – Denver Nuggets
    3 – OKC Thunder
    4 – Dallas Mavericks
    5 – Portlant Trailblazers
    6 – SA Spurs
    7 – Sacremento Kings
    8 – Phoenix Suns

The West now is all about up and coming teams they have Sacramento with skilled young players, GS aswell. Memphis signed Rudy Gay and look like they’ve built a nice team through the draft. OKC is really young too. It’s going to be a wild west this coming season.

The East has alot of power shifting their way. Most East playoff teams were young and developing. They still are but aquired major Western vets. Carlos Boozer makes Chicago a really well rounded team. And NY stole Amare from the Suns.

I don’t know how Gilbert is going to get his championship before Lebron with his current roster, let alone the playoffs.

Charlie Sheen
    Participant

a team from the Atlantic division in the East needs to be in the top 4 and the Suns will not make the playoffs add Houston, Utah or Memphis maybe even LAC

Ollstar
    Participant

The suns can still win games in the regular season. I agree they won’t be a great playoff team. The Rockets are more of a playoff team then the suns but i dunno if they can squeeze in.

OldSkoolBasketball
    Participant

you’re underrating the Bucks. They made minor moves but those moves are great moves. Now if they can resign Ridnour…

llperez

i dont see the kings making it. They are moving in the right direction, but not playoffs yet. And where’s Houston? If Yao is healthy, they might be the second or third best team in the west. Aaron Brooks stepped up big time. They got a couple young pf’s in hill and patterson. Add in a full year of KMart and Ariza. That team is good for 50 wins gauranteed.

FDAPO

Miami vs. Bulls

Lakers vs. Thunder

Lakers vs. Miami

Cavs 9-73

BlueLaces
    Participant

I agree. I think the Bucks could be a very good 4 seed in the East next year as long as they stay healthy.

dolla130
    Participant

boston is in the atlantic division

Michael.S.
    Participant

East

1. Miami- 71-11
    2. Orl- 62-20
    3. Chi- 57-25
    4. Atl- 51-31
    5. Bos- 48-34
    6. Mil- 48-34
    7. NY- 41-41
    8. Cha- 40-42

West

1. LA- 66-16
    2. Hou- 60-22
    3. Dal- 51-31
    4. OKC- 51-31
    5. Utah- 48-34
    6. Por- 48-34
    7. SA- 46-36
    8. Mem- 45-37

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

IMO, I dunno how Charlotte makes the playoffs. They have no Point Guard. DJ Augustine is not the guy IMO. Here’s my playoff teams.

East

Miami
    Orlando
    Chicago
    Milwaukee
    Boston
    Atlanta
    New York
    Philadelphia

West

Los Angeles
    Portland
    Dallas
    Oklahoma City
    San Antonio
    Houston
    Denver
    Memphis

McWinning
    Participant

East

Miami
    Orlando
    Boston
    Chicago
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    New York/Wizards

West

Los Angeles
    Dallas
    Portland
    Oklahoma City
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Denver
    Memphis

dahoodrecruiter
    Participant

ill have to slide utah in….they have ah pf ready to step in and give 20-10 {millsap} houston with a healthy yao…….is top notch team in west …..brooks ,martin,ariza ,,,,,,yao,,,,,,,,and if scola cums back they be a problem in the west fasho…

chicago adding boozer was great pick up for them …….i just hope it dont turn out how sixers did when they picked up elton brand

MagikKnick
    Participant

East

Miami
    Orlando
    Chicago
    Boston
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    New York
    Washington

West

LA Lakers
    Dallas
    Oklahoma City
    Portland
    Denver
    San Antonio
    Memphis
    Houston

dolla130
    Participant

i dont see utah making the playoffs in the west without boozer, and i just dont see milsap producing the same way boozer did on a night in night basis

stanford hoops

U must be a kings fan because there’s no way they make the playoffs. Dallas is better then okc so switch that. Utah and Houston(if Yao is healthy) is in and houstons better then okc as well. Okc is good but people overrate them be wise of the laker series and aren’t realizing that had more to do with being a bad match up for the lakers

stanford hoops

Milsap won’t produce like boozer but it will be about 4pts less and 2rebounds less at most. You think that drops them from the playoffs?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login