This topic contains 16 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Jackyboy6 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    damaynman150
    Participant

Okay, so this is a post concerning a group of projected second-round Shooting Guards (sometimes PG/SG combos) for the 2009 draft.

-Toney Douglas
    -Marcus Thornton
    -Jermaine Taylor
    -Jodie Meeks
    -Jerel McNeal
    -Dionte Christmas
    -Wesley Matthews

These guys are all similar players: great shooters/scorers, slightly undersized, only average athleticism, limited PG potential.

My favorites: Jermaine Taylor (best athlete, decent size & quickness), Dionte Christmas (undersized, but good height and best passer of group), and I think Thornton has some potential too.

But I want a consensus. Opinions?

cprizz15
    Participant

Gotta go with either Marcus Thornton, Christmas or Jerel McNeal. If im picking one i’d say Thornton (the dude can score)

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Tony Douglas dude,
    he single-handedly made FSU a top 25 ranked team.
    He was an All ACC 1st team member.

Citrusiswow
    Participant

Jerel Mcneal or Wesley Matthews have the most talent in my perspective because they’ve almost made it into the finals, whereas the others weren[‘t even close, but Dionte Christmas I believe is the best because he is wise and knows the game very well.

bflaa2
    Participant

Mcneal or douglas is my pick. I like Douglas because of his defense.

amilcar
      Participant

What about Jack McClinton from Miami? Forget about the “negatives” (size, position etc.), he can score the basketball, and really bomb it from deep, and has an NBA ready body. More than anything he has scorer’s mentality, and a hunger to fill it up… I would draft him in a second.

usfballer
    Participant

Jerel McNeal is by far the best defender on the list and can actually hold his own scoring-wise with the rest as well. I think McNeal will have a nice career coming off the bench for someone. Look how Shannon Brown is finally getting run with the Lakers and Jerel’s game is very similar (Jerel’s offense is more NBA ready and Shannon was better defensively).

nthegoodlife
    Participant

Tony D is this years sleeper. He may never be a starter, but he plays great D and can straight light it up too. What more could you want? Plus, he has heart and leaves it all on the floor (enough can not be said about an attitude like that).

louiswilliams23
    Participant

tony d….he was the fsu team

AntonioDaniels
    Participant

Big fan of christmas. I love pure shooters and he at least has the size to be a legit SG in the league. If the knicks had a 2nd round pick I wouldn’t mind him coming off the bench.

Slick
    Participant

– Dionte Christmas
    – Wayne Ellington
    -Jerel McNeal
    -Jodie Meeks
    -Marcus Thornton
    – Danny Green
    -Jermaine Taylor
    -Wesley Matthews
    -Toney Douglas

bron42
    Participant

I’d go with Meeks but he cooled off halfway through the season. Hes got dwaye type size.

joecheck88
    Participant

i like all the marqutte guards, even dominic james, they all have the ability to play in the league.

nicotheman1
    Participant

Douglas and THorton can flat out score. They are my favorites.

Masrock

So, yea. Him.

NBA 1986
    Participant

-Stefon Jackson from Utep is a big sleeper
    – Dointe Christmas is a great shooter
    – both from Philly

Jackyboy6
    Participant

Toney Douglas,

He is amazing. FSU was nothing w/o him. Any team who gets him will have a solid player on their team for years to come.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login