This topic contains 54 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Miko4rm206 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    ZachAttack
    Participant

Hey guys! So I know in my last post I said 2008 NBA Re-Draft, but I meant 2009. The Steph/Blake/Harden year… So here we go!

With the first pick in the 2009 NBA Re-Draft, the LA Clippers select…

BTW: Base this off of team needs in the 2008-09 season… not in today’s team needs or just BPA. So since the Clips didn’t have Chris Paul at the time, Curry could be considered.

BallerScript
    Participant

Blake Griffin

BallerScript
    Participant

Blake Griffin

JR Ryder
    Participant

Since your basing this on team needs at that year, James Harden goes #1. This is the year they signed Baron Davis to a huge contract (which was a flop), otherwise I would have given them Curry.

JR Ryder
    Participant

Since your basing this on team needs at that year, James Harden goes #1. This is the year they signed Baron Davis to a huge contract (which was a flop), otherwise I would have given them Curry.

bigtymer32bigtymer32
      bigtymer32
      Participant

baron was already on the clippers a year before this draft.he got hurt too much during his time with them.curry would still be the choice though

bigtymer32bigtymer32
      bigtymer32
      Participant

baron was already on the clippers a year before this draft.he got hurt too much during his time with them.curry would still be the choice though

Miko4rm206
      Participant

Like I said on my "2009 Nba draft" I posted a couple of weeks before this Ill give you my input for the top 10.

Clippers- Still take Blake Griffin the most dominate player in college that year. I know alot of you Curry fans will be upset over this "Man he dosent know what hes talking about Curry is the MVP, Nba champion best 3 point shooter blah blah etc." All that is cool but at the end of the day your TEAM has as much to do with a Nba Champioship along with MVP as the actual MVP himself. Harden, Blake and Steph are ALL superstars but Blake just dosent dominate the ball like a guard that dosent mean ima take STEPH and Harden over Blake. Blake is one of their Premier post Players in the league at the end of the day.

Grizzles- Are in a tough spot cause yes they did have Oj Mayo, a Aging AI and of Course Mike Conley most notable in the backcourt. They go with James Harden. Mayo had 2 season in which he started for the grizzles the other 2 he came off the bench. James harden came off the bench for 3 before he started. So ultimatly james harden can beome a starter his 3rd year maybe even somewhere in his 2nd season if he can out play mayo and the backcourt of  Mike Conley and James Harden and Marc Gasol in the post( Not including Z-Bo or Gay) thats serious talent.

Thunder Pick Steph Curry. For all you Steph Curry fans I know your not gonna like that I let him fall this far but Aye its better than taking him 7th lol. Steph will ultimatly takes James Harden role as their 6th Man. You cn play Have Westbrook and Steph alternate off and On the ball. You have the most athetically gifted Pg along with Steph the best shooting. But definatly dont forget about Kd.

THE REST of the top 10 goes like this

Kings- Jeff Teague

T Wolves- Ricky Rubio

T Wolves- Tyreke Evans

Warriors- Jrue Holiday

Knicks- Demar Derozen

Raptors-Ty Lawson

Bucks- Brandon Jennings

Miko4rm206
      Participant

Like I said on my "2009 Nba draft" I posted a couple of weeks before this Ill give you my input for the top 10.

Clippers- Still take Blake Griffin the most dominate player in college that year. I know alot of you Curry fans will be upset over this "Man he dosent know what hes talking about Curry is the MVP, Nba champion best 3 point shooter blah blah etc." All that is cool but at the end of the day your TEAM has as much to do with a Nba Champioship along with MVP as the actual MVP himself. Harden, Blake and Steph are ALL superstars but Blake just dosent dominate the ball like a guard that dosent mean ima take STEPH and Harden over Blake. Blake is one of their Premier post Players in the league at the end of the day.

Grizzles- Are in a tough spot cause yes they did have Oj Mayo, a Aging AI and of Course Mike Conley most notable in the backcourt. They go with James Harden. Mayo had 2 season in which he started for the grizzles the other 2 he came off the bench. James harden came off the bench for 3 before he started. So ultimatly james harden can beome a starter his 3rd year maybe even somewhere in his 2nd season if he can out play mayo and the backcourt of  Mike Conley and James Harden and Marc Gasol in the post( Not including Z-Bo or Gay) thats serious talent.

Thunder Pick Steph Curry. For all you Steph Curry fans I know your not gonna like that I let him fall this far but Aye its better than taking him 7th lol. Steph will ultimatly takes James Harden role as their 6th Man. You cn play Have Westbrook and Steph alternate off and On the ball. You have the most athetically gifted Pg along with Steph the best shooting. But definatly dont forget about Kd.

THE REST of the top 10 goes like this

Kings- Jeff Teague

T Wolves- Ricky Rubio

T Wolves- Tyreke Evans

Warriors- Jrue Holiday

Knicks- Demar Derozen

Raptors-Ty Lawson

Bucks- Brandon Jennings

Arc12345
    Participant

I don’t care about who they signed, had, or what the team needed. Steph has played out of this world. A great leader, scorer, playmaker and deadly sniper. He goes first if we know what we know now. No question.

Harden would be second in my opinion. Listen Blake is great, but his post game needs a lot of work. Not as much as dwights, but a lot of work. His defense for someone so athletic leaves a lot to desired as well, especially blocks.

Arc12345
    Participant

I don’t care about who they signed, had, or what the team needed. Steph has played out of this world. A great leader, scorer, playmaker and deadly sniper. He goes first if we know what we know now. No question.

Harden would be second in my opinion. Listen Blake is great, but his post game needs a lot of work. Not as much as dwights, but a lot of work. His defense for someone so athletic leaves a lot to desired as well, especially blocks.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Gotta go with steph here. Blake and harden are both superstars in their own right, but just the threat of curry being on the floor opens up so many scoring opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist. He will probably go down as the greatest shooter in NBA history when all is said and done, and there he has honestly revolutionized the game with his ability to shoot both off the dribble and off the catch. There has never been a player quite like him before.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Gotta go with steph here. Blake and harden are both superstars in their own right, but just the threat of curry being on the floor opens up so many scoring opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist. He will probably go down as the greatest shooter in NBA history when all is said and done, and there he has honestly revolutionized the game with his ability to shoot both off the dribble and off the catch. There has never been a player quite like him before.

zcnumerouno
    Participant

Gotta go with the MVP, Steph Curry. Someone with his talent level cannot be passed up.

zcnumerouno
    Participant

Gotta go with the MVP, Steph Curry. Someone with his talent level cannot be passed up.

JR Ryder
    Participant

So the Clippers sign Baron Davis to a Max contract and still draft Curry?

JR Ryder
    Participant

So the Clippers sign Baron Davis to a Max contract and still draft Curry?

ZachAttack
      Participant

Just so you know… you don’t go with what they were thinking then… You go with what we know now. Since we know that Steph really outplayed Baron Davis, they’d probably still draft him. And get rid of him by the time Steph’s knee injuries cleared up. Assuming, they’d probably still happen

ZachAttack
      Participant

Just so you know… you don’t go with what they were thinking then… You go with what we know now. Since we know that Steph really outplayed Baron Davis, they’d probably still draft him. And get rid of him by the time Steph’s knee injuries cleared up. Assuming, they’d probably still happen

Miko4rm206
        Participant

Your basically asking us a question contradiction yourself. You want us to draft by what we know currently but using rosters of the exact year they were drafted. In the clippers case theres no way Im drafting a PG with the number 1 pick after offering a max contract to another PG. If you know Steph was gonna out Play Baron Davis then you wouldnt offer Baron a Max Contract period. The clippers drafted their need at the Time and that was Blake Griffin and after all the Hype from Oklahoma he was next up in line as a sure all star Kevin Durant, Micheal Beasley being the other 2. Blake panned out as Plan. They still take Blake

Miko4rm206
        Participant

Your basically asking us a question contradiction yourself. You want us to draft by what we know currently but using rosters of the exact year they were drafted. In the clippers case theres no way Im drafting a PG with the number 1 pick after offering a max contract to another PG. If you know Steph was gonna out Play Baron Davis then you wouldnt offer Baron a Max Contract period. The clippers drafted their need at the Time and that was Blake Griffin and after all the Hype from Oklahoma he was next up in line as a sure all star Kevin Durant, Micheal Beasley being the other 2. Blake panned out as Plan. They still take Blake

trelos6
    Participant

Curry, Harden, Griffin.

Either way you can’t go wrong. All 3 are amazing offensive players who can run an NBA offense through them and all 3 are likely never going to be All NBA defenders. 

trelos6
    Participant

Curry, Harden, Griffin.

Either way you can’t go wrong. All 3 are amazing offensive players who can run an NBA offense through them and all 3 are likely never going to be All NBA defenders. 

ZachAttack
      Participant

So who’s your pick?

ZachAttack
      Participant

So who’s your pick?

trelos6
        Participant

You cant teach size. 

1.Griffin

2.Curry

3.Harden

trelos6
        Participant

You cant teach size. 

1.Griffin

2.Curry

3.Harden

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Curry.. very close!

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Curry.. very close!

bigtymer32bigtymer32
    bigtymer32
    Participant

off what we know.steph would be the number 1 pick.

if they go after team blake is a the choice.

bigtymer32bigtymer32
    bigtymer32
    Participant

off what we know.steph would be the number 1 pick.

if they go after team blake is a the choice.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Steph Curry

Hard to choose here with Harden and Griffin on the board, but I’ll take the MVP and finals champion here.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Steph Curry

Hard to choose here with Harden and Griffin on the board, but I’ll take the MVP and finals champion here.

thetrademachinery
    Participant

blake

thetrademachinery
    Participant

blake

BubbaChuck
    Participant

Not saying that this is my opinion of draft order, but according to BBall-Reference there are 14 players from 2009 that don’t have a negative BPM (Box Plus Minus). They’re ranked like this:

1) James Harden – 5.0
    2) Steph Curry – 5.0
    3) Blake Griffin – 4.1
    4) Danny Green – 3.6
    5) Patrick Beverley – 2.0
    6) Ty Lawson – 1.5
    7) DeMarre Carroll – 1.4
    8) Ricky Rubio – 1.2
    9) Brandon Jennings – 1.1
    10) James Johnson – 1.1
    11) Tyreke Evans – 0.9
    12) Jrue Holiday – 0.7
    13) DeJuan Blair – 0.6
    14) Patty Mills – 0.4

BubbaChuck
    Participant

Not saying that this is my opinion of draft order, but according to BBall-Reference there are 14 players from 2009 that don’t have a negative BPM (Box Plus Minus). They’re ranked like this:

1) James Harden – 5.0
    2) Steph Curry – 5.0
    3) Blake Griffin – 4.1
    4) Danny Green – 3.6
    5) Patrick Beverley – 2.0
    6) Ty Lawson – 1.5
    7) DeMarre Carroll – 1.4
    8) Ricky Rubio – 1.2
    9) Brandon Jennings – 1.1
    10) James Johnson – 1.1
    11) Tyreke Evans – 0.9
    12) Jrue Holiday – 0.7
    13) DeJuan Blair – 0.6
    14) Patty Mills – 0.4

Stephen A. Bayless
    Participant

The Clippers could pick any of the 3 and be satisfied, but I still think they go with Blake here. It took Harden, and Steph a couple of years to develop. After missing his first year, Blake took off instantly and was exactly what the Clippers needed.

I know we live in a what have you done lately society (Which for Blake was averaging 26 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists in 14 playoff games against two heavyweights), and Harden & Steph MVP battle the past year is fresh on the mind, along with Steph leading a very talented and well-rounded team to a championship. But Blake finished 3rd in 2014 behind amazing Durant and LeBron seasons and only missed out on first team All-NBA due to his position, so it’s not like he’s outclassed on that front.

Neither of the three are great defenders which would have been an excellent tiebreaker, but I think Blake has the most potential on that end. With his athleticism he should theoretically be able to switch onto wing players, while also having the length to guard and play center.

With that said, I couldn’t find one fault in someone picking Curry or Harden.

Stephen A. Bayless
    Participant

The Clippers could pick any of the 3 and be satisfied, but I still think they go with Blake here. It took Harden, and Steph a couple of years to develop. After missing his first year, Blake took off instantly and was exactly what the Clippers needed.

I know we live in a what have you done lately society (Which for Blake was averaging 26 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists in 14 playoff games against two heavyweights), and Harden & Steph MVP battle the past year is fresh on the mind, along with Steph leading a very talented and well-rounded team to a championship. But Blake finished 3rd in 2014 behind amazing Durant and LeBron seasons and only missed out on first team All-NBA due to his position, so it’s not like he’s outclassed on that front.

Neither of the three are great defenders which would have been an excellent tiebreaker, but I think Blake has the most potential on that end. With his athleticism he should theoretically be able to switch onto wing players, while also having the length to guard and play center.

With that said, I couldn’t find one fault in someone picking Curry or Harden.

SubZero
    Participant

Dang, this one’s tough. I’m going with Steph because the coin toss said so, but I don’t think anyone could say any of these 3 would be a bad pick

Suggestion: we should do 2010 next if it hasn’t been done. There’s some serious talent in that class and I think it’d be interesting to see the Wall/Cousins/George debates

SubZero
    Participant

Dang, this one’s tough. I’m going with Steph because the coin toss said so, but I don’t think anyone could say any of these 3 would be a bad pick

Suggestion: we should do 2010 next if it hasn’t been done. There’s some serious talent in that class and I think it’d be interesting to see the Wall/Cousins/George debates

dbeal23
    Participant

Jonny Flynn

SubZero
      Participant

It was inevitable

SubZero
      Participant

It was inevitable

dbeal23
    Participant

Jonny Flynn

Tyrober
    Participant

All guys could be picked here, but I think they made the right decision in Griffin. Harden and Curry are amazing players and I would love to have them on my team, but I am going to roll with Griffin

Tyrober
    Participant

All guys could be picked here, but I think they made the right decision in Griffin. Harden and Curry are amazing players and I would love to have them on my team, but I am going to roll with Griffin

Toronto16
    Participant

Blake.

Toronto16
    Participant

Blake.

Flameres15
    Participant

1. Stephen Curry

Flameres15
    Participant

1. Stephen Curry

ncballer

Knowing what we know now, it is baffling to me that people could watch the finals and not say Curry.  It’s gotta be Curry IMHO.  15 years from now he will be talked about as one of the best shooters of all time.  We are too in the moment right now to realize it.  

ncballer

Knowing what we know now, it is baffling to me that people could watch the finals and not say Curry.  It’s gotta be Curry IMHO.  15 years from now he will be talked about as one of the best shooters of all time.  We are too in the moment right now to realize it.  

Tap892
    Participant

Griffin. There aren’t any other power forwards that have his skill set

Tap892
    Participant

Griffin. There aren’t any other power forwards that have his skill set

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login