This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sheltwon3 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

1). Derrick Rose
    2). OJ Mayo 2). Brook Lopez
    4). Russell Westbrook
    5). Kevin Love
    6). Eric Gordon
    7). Jason Thompson
    8). Mario Chalmers
    9). D.J. Augustine
    10). Anthony Randolph
    11). Courtney Lee
    12). Marresse Speights
    13). Luc Richard Mouba a Monte
    14). Ryan Anderson
    15). Brandon Rush
    16). Roy Hibbert
    17). George Hill

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Forgot about B-easy

He would be ranked #7, put the rest back one step

canesboy6
    Participant

not good, I think great. Maybe not elite though. He was a solid contributor, scoring and rebounding, in his rookie year in an unfamiliar role, 13.9pts 5.4 rebounds in 24.8 minutes per game shooting 47% from the field and 40.7% from 3 ball. I dont understand what else he has to do as a rookie to get some respect. He is going to be an excellent companion to build around Wade and set up a powerhouse contender in the future I think, I have no idea why people are so down on him. His defense needs drastic improvement though. If they rebound and beat the haws, keep in mind that him and Mario Chalmers might be the only rookies left, huge contributors on solid teams.

truwizfan4evr
    Participant

What about javalemcgee he shown he has alot of upside he been a dunk machine this year what his highlights at youtube please then u should add him on that list

sheltwon3
    Participant

Too early to do 2008 draft rankings

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

Javale McGee #19

michaelds911
    Participant

I never knew Kevin Love was better than Gordon. But you was bashing him on the other post so I understand I guess.

RooeyRacer
    Participant

Like the rankings but I do belive that if DJ Augustin had the opportunity to play the starting PG for the heat like Chalmers got the opportunity to do, I think Augustin would be a lot better at this point. Throw Bayless in there too for PG’s who just aren’t getting time to shine. Love Chalmers, but he def. got lucky with the right team and the right opportunity that the other two players (Augustin and Bayless) never got in their rookie seasons.

Why
      Participant

Beasley is top 10, id put him at 5 or 6. He will be a perennial all start, maybe not superstar but a perennial all star. Gordon should be 3 or 4. And you’re so obessed with OJ Mayo! Just move him back to 3 or 4 and give Brook his rightful 2nd spot. Lol what is your deal

ch15r36is
    Participant

If the draft was re-done today, I think pre-draft rankings would look something like this.
    1. Rose – See Game 1 of Bulls-Celts.
    2. Lopez – All-star center in the near future.
    3. Beasley – Coming on strong.
    4. Westbrook – Hit the rookie wall, but big-time potential.
    5. Gordon – Maybe a little overlooked with the Clips this year.
    6a. Mayo – Solid NBA player, less potential than the above-mentioned.
    6b. Love – Solid NBA player, less potential than the above-mentioned.
    8. Randolph – Much closer to being a steal than a bust at this point.
    9. Speights – A couple years of development from being an impact player.
    10. Bayless – Don’t forget about the kid. He just needs a little PT. See Devin Harris.

Why
      Participant

Ch15r, I like that list alot. I would agree with it completely one through five then I might put Randolph over Mayo AND Love. So much more Potential its amazing, Kevin Durant-like if he can get a jumper going.

Westbrook, Beasley, Lopez, Rose, Gordon all look like future all stars. Mayo too a few times and Randolph could be a big time star but he’s so raw I’m not ready to bank on that. Looks to be a at the a block-aholic.

Da1pot
    Participant

Man.. This guy has more potential than anyone else in the entire class. Have you seen how high he can jump and how long he is. He has a wide frame. He even has a nice touch on his shot, he just needs to gain confidence on his shot and at the free throw line. He can literally block any shot launched at him. If he can put on some muscle and watch some game film in the offseason, he could really be a force. Even Dwight Howard said he has never seen a big man like Mcgee whose athleticism rivals his own. If the Wizards could get a big man coach like Patrick Ewing that would probably help Mcgee a lot too.

Why
      Participant

DeAndre Jordan too, but these so many NBA players we could say this about. Sit here all day and talk about potential.

Wälse
    Participant

honestly, i think a list like this at this point is a waste of time. especially in beasley’s case. he was drafted to a team with established NBA players. if he were drafted to the grizzlies, where he could probably get 35 minutes a night and average 20/10 for a losing team, what would this list look like? if randolph had been drafted to the kings where he could have got major minutes, what would this list look like? put chalmers on the blazers. we would have forgotten who he is by now! if jerryd bayless had been drafted to the thunder, how would his output look? dont forget, bayless was projected as high as #3 or #4 at one point, i think. if mayo had been a blazer, would he be off your list as well? his minutes would have been drastically reduced as would his numbers. like RooeyRacer said its all about the right team and the right opportunity.

sheltwon3
    Participant

alphamale310 that is so true and that is why i said earlier that it is too early because there are lots of factors involved. To be honest if you look at the kind of player Westbrook is, Bayless is similiar except does not have the same strong D but maybe has better perimeter scoring. I think it will sort itself out next year is teams are wise to trade players they don’t need for pieces they do need. Bayless is not a good fit for the Blazer who need a true play making point that can score. Blake can set plays up and play D but he lacks scoring and explosiveness. Beastley will be alright next year when he improves he D and can start and play more consistent minutes. I still believe Rose should have been Rookie of the year but if everyone had started right off the back it would have been a hard decision and I mainly back Rose because he put up quality number and help his team rise to get into the playoffs and right now they are whipping up on last years champs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login