This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Csharp3410 15 years ago.

• Author
    TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

top 10 prospects for 2009 draft (if they declare)
    1.john wall
    2.blake griffin
    3.brandon jennings
    4.stephen curry
    5.james harden
    6.demar derozan
    7.terrence williams
    8.earl clark
    9.jeff teague
    10.craig brackins

i don’t put thabeet in there because he’s defense only;just like oden (and you see how greg oden’s turned out: an injury waiting to happen & when he is healthy he’s always in foul trouble)

i don’t put rubio in there because he can only distribute (he does it really well)

everybody on this list with the exception of teague is versatile

(so maybe rubio could take teague’s spot, but john wall does more than griffin to me, but griffin will be #1 again after the workouts)

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

What about Rubio? Curry is way too high and so is Williams. Even if Wall declares, Blake will be number one.

Mr. Basketball
      Participant

no rubio…WOW

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

Why? Because he has been a professional since he was 16. Because he can play point on the runner up team in the olympics. Because he is compared to Walt Fraiser, Pistol Pete, and Steve Nash. Give me a reason why he is overrated.

Stanford hoops
      Participant

im waiting to hold judgement on rubio..most if not all of yall have only seen highlights and seen him play a couple games in the olympics which really doesnt mean much cuz thats not the nba and it doesnt really translate (see carlos arryo)..and by now we should all know that euro highlights of a player doesnt mean much..just looking at his stats im suprised he is being compared to pistol pete..my father played against and watched pistol pete and has seen rubio play a couple times because of his scouting job overseas and he says the 2 dont even come close to comparing other then passing a lil and that isnt too compareable because the nba players are alot more athletic so they would be able to pick off alot of those passes…so before we decide hes such a great player lets wait and see how he does against nba caliber players..or at least summer leauge

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

Why? Because he has been a professional since he was 16. Because he can play point on the runner up team in the olympics. Because he is compared to Walt Fraiser, Pistol Pete, and Steve Nash. Give me a reason why he is overrated.

Lodzio20
      Participant

I watch him in Euroleague and he’s playing nothing special. Average speed, quickness, strenght, shoot.

Lodzio20
    Participant

Rubio is overrated. MY TOP 10
    1. Blake Griffin
    2. John Wall
    3. James Harden
    4. Earl Clark
    5. Jordan Hill
    6. Jonny Flynn
    7. Ty Lawson
    8. Brandon Jennings
    9. Demar DeRozan
    10. Greg Monroe

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

rubio can only distribute the ball . . . .
    walt frazier to me is a little overrated (is he a top 5 pg of all time?no!!!)
    steve nash can actually score
    pistol pete once averaged 44 points over a season & i don’t see rubio getting 20 . . .

wall’s better, jenning’s better, curry’s better

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

the top players can do more than one thing & rubio can’t do more than one thing

scg1

1. John Wall
    2. Blake Griffin
    3. Ricky Rubio
    4. Jordan Hill
    5. James Harden
    6. Greg Monroe
    7. Brandon Jennings
    8. Hasheem Thabeet
    9. Stephen Curry
    10. Demar DeRozan/ Earl Clark/ Jeff Teague

Csharp3410