2009-2010 All Stars

the barron
2009-2010 All Stars

A very early look at next year's all-star rosters:

West
Starters:
C Amare Stoudemire(probably not as a sun but somewhere else in the west)
PF Tim Duncan
SF Carmelo Anthony
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Chris Paul
Reserves:
PG Deron Williams
SG Brandon Roy
SF Kevin Durant
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Pau Gasol
PG Chauncey Billups
SF Richard Jefferson( if T-mac returns to his old self than put him here)

East
Starters:
C Dwight Howard
PF Kevin Garnett
SF Lebron James
SG Dwayne Wade
PG Rajon Rondo
Reserves:
PG Derrick Rose
SG Joe Johnson
SF Vince Carter
PF Chris Bosh
C Shaq
SF Paul Pierce
PG Devin Harris

domenick3
i think kevin durant can

i think kevin durant can bcum an all star

domenick3
o nvrmind i didnt c u put

o nvrmind i didnt c u put him sorry

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
I agree

Just a few changes....

Al Jefferson instead of Richard Jefferson. (RJ will become more of a role-player, AJ keeps getting better)

Manu Ginobli instead of Deron Williams. (None of these d*ckhead coaches like D-Will.)

Carlos Boozer instead of Pau Gasol. (Yeah I'm crazy. But Booze is 22/12 player if healthy.)

Hedo instead of Vince Carter. (Just a hunch.)

J-CHRISTOS
Rich Jefferson

Everything was a go until you said Jefferson,he's good I don't know who,but someone else will make it over him

baller03
Danny Granger

I think Danny Granger should be on the East squad...

festar35
Definatly agree

Danny Granger has the potential to be the other starting forward for the east. If they are in Play-Off i say he is most certainly going to start for the East. I don't think Rondo will be starting guard maybe D-rose, Devin Harris or Arenas. I also think Iguodala will get there ahead of VC or Johnson.

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
richard jefferson?

jeffersons gonna average: 14.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.2 apg

or something along those lines-not good enough to be an all-star by any means

europebasketball
Well,

D-rose can't be an all-star this year because he has to be in the rookie-sophmore game so he can't be in the all-star game

cdmPSU17
cdmPSU17's picture
Europebasketball

(Sigh) Yes, he can.

europebasketball
Rj???

R.j come on, in milwaukee he couldn't average at least more than 25 ppg because there was NO Bogut and redd so r.j sould've scored a lot more than 14

pointguardfun
how bout il mago and aldridge

i think bargs will have a breakout season this year. last year he did it consistently (not just flashes). Aldridge is up and coming. I see bargs averaging 19 and 7 next year and aldridge at 20 and 8.5. enough for all star consideration.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Nice picks

I too think RJ being an All-star seems a little unlikely, but you made some nice selections. I think butidonthavemoneys changes make it pretty damn money, though I do think it will be D-Will's year. The only reason he did not make it last year was due to his being injured. I believe coaches love Deron Williams, he just hasn't made it due to techniclaities. I like your pick of Hedo making it, though at the same time I believe you are from Toronto :). I reside in Portland, but am from Toronto and am in TO for the next 3 months, and do have an affinity for the Raps. The Turkoglu signing I think gives Hedo a very good chance of making his first AS squad.

adjose5
allstar predictions

WEST

Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki

Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Al Jefferson

Chauncey Billups
Amare Stoudamire

EAST

Dwyane Wade
Gilbert Arenas or Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Caron Butler
Joe Johnson
Elton Brand
Rajon Rondo

Danny Granger
Tayshun Prince- sleeper pick

adjose5
allstar predictions

WEST

Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki

Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Al Jefferson

Chauncey Billups
Amare Stoudamire

EAST

Dwyane Wade
Gilbert Arenas or Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh
Caron Butler
Joe Johnson
Elton Brand
Rajon Rondo

Danny Granger
Tayshun Prince- sleeper pick

aarondsonixfan
no way.. i mean cmon now...

no way.. i mean cmon now... Ron Artest? no. The only laker all stars are going to be Kobe and Pau. RJ is not an all star. Plain and simple. here are who they should be.

West Starters-
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Amare Stoudomire (if they put him as a C)

Bench
Brandon Roy
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki

Chauncey Billups
Al Jefferson

East Starters-
Gilbert Arenas (if he can actually play til the All Star Break)
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Bench
Paul Pierce
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Danny Granger
Derrick Rose

Shaq O'Neal
Mo Williams

Ray Allen (if someone gets injured)

Stanford hoops
why would you say no way ron

why would you say no way ron artest..if the lakers are winning and no team is even close then its very very possible..do you remeber the pistons team when 4 players made the all star team even though some didnt have great numbers..sorry but thats possible...and who said ginobli over dwill?..ginobli good and he could make it but oover dwill wont happen if dwill is healthy...over rj yea because he is better and bathballer15 thank you for stopping me from going crazy after europeanbasketballs statement..lol.....and boozer over gasol..wont happen..considering how good the lakers will be..you have to take into account that its not just stats when picking the reserves for the all star team....the real interesting race to me will be that pg spot in the east..devin harris, jameer nelson ( why isnt anyone mentioning him by the way) d.rose and rondo,arenas ( would punish every pg on this list when healthy)

Stanford hoops
oh yeah mo williams

oh yeah mo williams

J-CHRISTOS
Mo

Mo Williams basically cried his way to the all star game,he won't make it this year or the next

Stanford hoops
i wouldnt count on him

i wouldnt count on him making it but he was closer then rose was

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
Danny Granger WILL be on the

Danny Granger WILL be on the East. I promise you... He's been putting in work only meant for a superhero this summer. He has improved his ball handling, but his defense is what's going to have people talking next year.

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
I agree on Granger and I am

I agree on Granger and I am suprisingly going to mention OJ Mayo. He could put up 22ppg and his assists could go up because they might try him at the point more this year. He is alsoa tenacious defender.

Stanford hoops
i agree on granger and im

i agree on granger and im guessing you have watched his workouts and not just goign by what he put on twitter or some other web site..lol....knicks i completly forgot about mayo...its known his work ethic is unique and hes gonna be a lil more used to the nba plus defense...but im guessing unless he averages 30 he wont make it because his team will still be losing..similar to durant last year u know

knicksfan7
My All-star team

West Starters
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan

Bench
Brandon Roy
Baron Davis (if he's healthy the Clippers will have a big 1st half and will be fun to watch)
Kevin Durant
Pau Gasol
Al Jefferson
Chauncey Billups

East Starters-
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

Bench
Paul Pierce
David Lee (he deserved it last year), and will continue what he did last season
Kevin Garnett- Popular, but will come back with a vengeance
Danny Granger
Jose Calderon (ppl love Rondo, but Calderon represents a PG. Raptors have a nice team).
Shaq- He's loved; Though I'd like to see Al Horford.
Wilson Chandler- My sleeper pick, he's ready to break out.

Stanford hoops
i almost fainted after

i almost fainted after seeing jose over rondo...now im not one who beleieves in many absolutes in the nba but on this i will have to say that will never happen..calderon is good but not rondo good rondo was a possible all star last year and that was before hes ridiculous playoff performance wow..and if calderon represents a pg what does rondo represent?

Stanford hoops
and wilson chandler ....over

and wilson chandler ....over joe johnson or vince carter?????..reallly????..woooooooooooowww...u must be a knicks fan....no knick will make the allstar game next year

J-CHRISTOS
Wilson ol Wilson

Chandler is still a project still very young might make the all star game one day,but alot later than sooner

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
can i

can i pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeee have what knicks is smoking....lets call david lee what he is..a pretty good player but not a allstar..he put up good numbers for the KNICKS..hes a hard worker..no real post movies in a dantonio offense that over inflates youre offensive ability..ive always thought this and recently draftexpress/cnnsi/nbadraft.net,and hoopsworld have said the exact same thing..not to take away from his ability..he is a good player like a said but all star over c.butler...and jose over rondo..lol...or arenes

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
Why'd

you say to come to this topic?

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
I am confused

As well Rubio. But, on that note, I am going to start my own blog :)

Stanford hoops
for people to give there

for people to give there opnion about knicks all star team....actually knicks gets a pass on chandler and lee since he is a knicks fan so its understandable to feel that way about youre team....jose over rondo is inexcusable though...but makes for a new topic

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Jose over Rondo

Jose over Rondo is not at all crazy. Both of them over Rose most likely would be. Do you honestly believe Rondo will average a triple double for the season? I do not know why people are so crazy about Rondo, he is a good player but Jose and is WAY better offensively. If I had to choose a point for the future or on the defensive end, it is Rondo, but Jose puts up numbers and has been a consideration for the All-Star team the past couple years. I do not see him making it, but I am guessing a lot more people will deserve it more than Rajon, including all three other players on his team better than he is.

knicksfan7
Okay.

My reasoning for Calderon over Rondo is this. The past 2-3 weeks Rondo has been under fire, and could possibly traded, idc where Rondo gets traded to he's going to struggle and won't be an all-star. Calderon has Bosh, Hedo, Andrea, and I hope they resign Anthony Parker with a starting lineup like that I could totally see Calderon averaging a double-double.

I am a diehard Knicks fan and I just put Lee and Chandler there cause I want to see it happen. If the Knciks are 500 at the All-Star Break we'll see David Lee on the team. Chandler, I am being idealistic, I knew I would get heat for that. Let me get that one back and give me Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson won't put up the #'s cause of Jamal Crawford. It's either Rashard or Vince, but I'd like to see Rashard Lewis make it.

J-CHRISTOS
Calderon

I like euro players,but that's just flat out crazy, Calderon peaked 07-08 and he wasn't an all star then,Rondo and Calderon are going in different directions

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
Calderon

is only what...27? Around that? How was that his peak? Dude has talent, just won't need to score the ball alot with Hedo and Bosh and the Rookie Derozen.

Stanford hoops
rondos going no wehere first

rondos going no wehere first of all second if he was he would still be good..with garnett hurt he reallllly stepped his game up ..even when allen was playing bad...u dont average a triple double for a series and think that he couldnt play well for another team....joe johnson should put up the same numbers because now he wont get doubled as much..i rmeeber having this convo with peopel saying kobe wont put up the same number once gasol got there or wont be as good or gasol wont put up near the same numbers because he has kobe.what peopel dont factor in is no its more one on one against these players which gives them more opportunity to score more...and gives youre team a better chance to win..so even if joes numbers go down his team should win more which makes him more likely to be a all star..losing teams tend to not get all stars unless the numbers are like 30-15 or something...knicks will be at the bottom of the basement with there current line up so i wouldnt be expecting any allstars commign out of there

Stanford hoops
yea he is still in his prime

yea he is still in his prime jchristo...and i wouldnt count on derozen so much right now rubio

knicksfan7
Are you guys telling me

that if Toronto is a top 4 team, Calderon is averaging 10pts and 10asts a game he won't be an all-star?? I think so. Also, Rondo really got to showcase himself b/c KG was out, if KG was healthy Rondo's series would have been a lot different, I don't see Rondo averaging more than 7 dimes a game. I see his line being like 16 and 7 that's a notch below a Stephon Marbury in his prime. Anything is possible really.

Stanford hoops
lol..10 dimes...you do

lol..10 dimes...you do realize hedo isnt the catch a shot type..he catches and creates..you dont get a assist when a player does that....jumping the gun there..rondos better point blank..but at least YOU believe jose will get picked over rondo..thats all that matters

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
Rondo

can't average 16 Points a Game.
If Wallace or Hill is brought in that's auto points from them. Throw in the Big 3 and a resigned Davis with Perkins as well...You basically are saying this team scores well over 100 Points Per Game if Rondo averages 16...unless one of the big 3 shows a real decline.

Stanford hoops
rondo has better options

rondo has better options that can score then jose does so how come he cant get 10dimes?..he also has a catch and shoot player on his team ray allen...oh wait house is a catch and shoot player as well

J-CHRISTOS
Calderon Prime

I know Calderon's is in his prime,but actually how good is his prime

Stanford hoops
plus hedo will take some

plus hedo will take some touches away from calderon..he tends to like to create for teammates also

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
True True

Point is, if Toronto is good, as usual Calderon will be underrated for their success and the voters will look straight to the turn around they had if they become good and say Hedo is the reason and of course Bosh has to get his...so unless Calderon puts up spectacular numbers he'll just be overlooked. Sad Truth...

knicksfan7
we'll see

Only Time will tell. The all-star game is a popularity contest, so I don't see Jose Calderon making it b/c not many ppl know him except real NBA Fans, but he's got a good game.

Stanford hoops
overlooked how?...he is what

overlooked how?...he is what he is..good pg not better than rond, arenas,devin harris,jamer nelson,...i wouldnt take him over rose either...as far as the east pg...west...parker,dwill, chrispaul,

knicksfan7
throwing this out there

If say Steve Nash goes to the Knicks since he wants to be reunited with D'antoni, and he isn't happy with what is going on in Phoenix. Can we see something like that where a guy like Rondo Or Calderon gets slighted due to some1 in the western conf going to the east.

Stanford hoops
the starters are

the starters are popularity..the coaches pick the reserves..thats not popularity

Stanford hoops
as a starter it could happen

as a starter it could happen if he gets enough votes...but reserves arent picked that way

knicksfan7
Stan Van Gundy

he'll coach the East most likely. I don't see him taking Rondo, or Calderon. I see him taking Jameer since he couldn't play in the last ASG b/c he was hurt.

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
I say

overlooked because he will be overlooked on his own team much less the whole league.
You telling me if Toronto comes out looking good people will say it's all on Calderon or the new guy Hedo has turned that team back into contenders? C'mon, he'll get no love. Just my opinion.

RSS: Syndicate content