This topic contains 20 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JoeWolf1 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    moximus
    Participant

If we know what we know now, where would you have picked Kevin Love at during the 2008 draft.  This is my take on it for the first 5 picks

1) Derrick Rose

2) Kevin Love

3) Russell Westbrook

4) Danilo Gallinari

5) Eric Gordon

Anton123
    Participant

If you take the teams that drafted them in consideration, then there is no way OKC drafts a 3 right after Durant. They’d have to pick Gordon

Maniac Maciej
    Participant

1. D-Rose

2. Westbrook

3. Love

4. Lopez

5. Gallinari

6. Gordon

7. DeAndre Jordan

8. Ryan Anderson

Undrafted – Mike Beasley

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Hindsight is 20/20 we can look back and say how things should’ve been ,but at the time of the 2008 Draft There were some that said Micheal Beasley should be chosen 1st, this was almost the consensus until Rose led Memphis to the title game..At the time Beasley looked like a solid future all star..He had it all good rebounder,good shooter,good athlete, great offensive game..But the sad thing is that you cant measure a person’s heart..Beasley displays remarkable talents at times now,but he’s consistent…

At the time of the draft my top 5 was like this

1.Rose

2.Beasley

3.Love

4.Hibbert

5.Westbrook

Alot of my friends laughed becuz i had Westbrook in my top 5 ,they were raving about Bayless and Mayo..They laughed becuz i had Hibbert in my top 5,they said he was the slowest black man on the planet..They laughed when i had Kevin Love in my top 5 and they said ”yeah he’s going to have a nice career as a backup….

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

lmao at Maniac for saying Beasley wouldve been undrafted…

Cardinal_Fan
    Participant

Love is great and has probably reached his ceiling …however Westbrook still has the potential 2 be special and is still developing  and with his physical attributes at the pg position that is scary, but i would take Love at three followed by Gordon, Gallinari, and Jordan

Maniac Maciej
    Participant

All kidding aside, Beas would probably still be a lottery pick. So would Javale McGee. Talent always takes precedent over brains. 

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

1. Derrick Rose

2. Russell Westbrook

3. Kevin Love

4. Brook Lopez

5. Eric Gordon

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

why on gods earth would people draft Brook Lopez in the top 5??? the ghost of Yinka Dare shakes his head

TallmanNYC
    Participant

A legit starting center who can score is very valuable. But not compared to the other folks on this list. Eric Gordon would go ahead of Lopez. And so would Gallinari as I think a lot of people think he still has some substantial room to grow and develop even now.

1. Rose

2. Love

3. Westbrook

4. Gordon

5. Gallinari

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Days before the draft Brook Lopez was believe to have been going to the Heat or Sonics…His stock dropped after a poor performance at the combine…

Maniac Maciej
    Participant

When did Yinka Dare ever average 20 points a game? Brook Lopez broke his foot, he didn’t die.

That being said, he’s a horrible defender and a horrible rebounder, but after the top 3, every player on the board has a significant weakness.

Hale
    Participant

I can honestly say I was the only person who thought Derrick Rose should’ve been the #1 pick before the tournament. Even after it, most people on here thought it should still be Beasley.

Maniac Maciej
    Participant

You are a modern-day Nostradamus…although, I’m pretty sure this site had him listed at #1 for a good 2 years or so. 

Hale
    Participant

They didn’t have him 1st until after the NCAA tourney. They did have DeAndre Jordan #3 almost the whole season though. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

Hate to break it to you YupYup, but I too thought Rose should go 1 overall. 

Hale
    Participant

Ahhhhhh, I guess I have to feud with you now.

Maniac Maciej
    Participant
    Hale
    Participant

I don’t know how you did that, but I guess I was wrong. I could’ve sworn I remembered Beasley being #1 for most of the year.

Tobe Bryant
    Participant

I HONESTLY believe if Mayo was drafted by OKC, he’d be having a better career. Not that he’s all bad now, but being a 6th man and possible starter, minus the Tony Allen fight, sitting in Lionel’s dog-house, and other distrations, he would be more relevant than he is now. AGAIN, he is having a decent career, but OKC seems to be a slightly better position.

Well thinking about it, maybe his situation would be no different…

JoeWolf1

1. Rose – Youngest MVP in NBA History

2. Kevin Love – 20/15 player in year 3.  He’s not a complete player, but he’s elite in rebounding, 3 point shooting and drops 20 + points a night.

3. Russell Westbrook – Not a pure point guard, but a very good scorer and one of the most exciting young players in the league

4. Danilo Gallinari – Gallo is a tall shooter, good defender, and a guy who can fit in with just about any team in the league.

5.. Brook Lopez – A good 7 footer is hard to find, and Lopez is a top 3 center, when healthy. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login