This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sc0rebuckets11 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Malik-Universal
    Participant

personally, i think kobe has gotten better every yr hes been in L….
    but…. in 2006 we know he tore shi+ up… and this yr, he proved again y hes the best player in the league

so… who is better.. a 2006 kobe or a 2010 kobe.. dont include the rings or mvps, etc. im talkin just str8 skill and impact…

and no.. im not ridin his dick get off that shi+ if u think that, i had made a similar post like this with amare comparing two different years, so wat u guys think?

llperez

2006. But its hard to compare which kobe is more likely to win a ring becasue this version of kobe is a smarter and better teammate. But if we are talking straight skill, he was better back then. Now adays when he drops 50 its like, yeah he is still the best. Back then when he dropped 50 it was like yawn, just another game.

llperez

2006. But its hard to compare which kobe is more likely to win a ring becasue this version of kobe is a smarter and better teammate. But if we are talking straight skill, he was better back then. Now adays when he drops 50 its like, yeah he is still the best. Back then when he dropped 50 it was like yawn, just another game.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

very good pt. there, but… u can say if kobe had the neccesarry teammates back then in 2006, i think he wouldve had alot more trust in his teammates, but like u said its still hard to compare, cuz he didnt back then, so we dont know

Malik-Universal
    Participant

very good pt. there, but… u can say if kobe had the neccesarry teammates back then in 2006, i think he wouldve had alot more trust in his teammates, but like u said its still hard to compare, cuz he didnt back then, so we dont know

Bryant24
    Participant

I gotta to go with 06 Kobe man the stats he was putting up were amazing he scored 50 on a nightly basis if id didnt watch a laker game i would be so upset he average 35.4 the highest average in a seasin since jordan average 37.1 man he will have games were drop 50 backt to back it was just flat out amazing. the 2010 version of kobe isnt as athletic but he is wiser a better closer a great leader a better team player and he is damn sure a more willing passer.

Bryant24
    Participant

I gotta to go with 06 Kobe man the stats he was putting up were amazing he scored 50 on a nightly basis if id didnt watch a laker game i would be so upset he average 35.4 the highest average in a seasin since jordan average 37.1 man he will have games were drop 50 backt to back it was just flat out amazing. the 2010 version of kobe isnt as athletic but he is wiser a better closer a great leader a better team player and he is damn sure a more willing passer.

Bryant24
    Participant

WizardofOz
    Participant

Good point Universal. 2006 Kobe is better, IMO. I used to hate Kobe back in 2006, but I still think he was better back then. He was way more athletic, and it was easier for him to score. Yes, now he is a smarter scorer, more mature, and has enhanced other areas of his game. Most people would say that the 2010 Kobe is a better teammate then the 2006 Kobe, but Kobe had a mediocre supporting cast. I mean, look at who he was playing with! He was playing with Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Brian Cook, and all the players I just named were in the starting lineup. That’s terrible! Back in 2006, I used to accuse Kobe of being a ballhog, but I later realized that back then, he was playing with a mediocre supporting cast and now has many more options to pass to. I think that is why his assists have gone up and people think he is a better teammate.

WizardofOz
    Participant

Good point Universal. 2006 Kobe is better, IMO. I used to hate Kobe back in 2006, but I still think he was better back then. He was way more athletic, and it was easier for him to score. Yes, now he is a smarter scorer, more mature, and has enhanced other areas of his game. Most people would say that the 2010 Kobe is a better teammate then the 2006 Kobe, but Kobe had a mediocre supporting cast. I mean, look at who he was playing with! He was playing with Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Brian Cook, and all the players I just named were in the starting lineup. That’s terrible! Back in 2006, I used to accuse Kobe of being a ballhog, but I later realized that back then, he was playing with a mediocre supporting cast and now has many more options to pass to. I think that is why his assists have gone up and people think he is a better teammate.

WizardofOz
    Participant

projectpat310
    Participant

Kobe was better in 2006. Hands down. Age plays a factor in sports and Kobe came into the league as a teenager. So when you accumulate the miles he put on his legs at 18-19-20, at 31 he’s basically deteriorating the same as Jordan at 35 (who came into the NBA at 21). Both were smarter players later and better teammates/leaders, but their athletic skills and offensive prowess declined.

projectpat310
    Participant

Kobe was better in 2006. Hands down. Age plays a factor in sports and Kobe came into the league as a teenager. So when you accumulate the miles he put on his legs at 18-19-20, at 31 he’s basically deteriorating the same as Jordan at 35 (who came into the NBA at 21). Both were smarter players later and better teammates/leaders, but their athletic skills and offensive prowess declined.

sc0rebuckets11
    Participant

06 kobe.

sc0rebuckets11
    Participant

06 kobe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login