This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar the fan 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Malik-Universal
    Participant

I think… the 2005 amare stoudemire was a superstar player… his athletisim was amazing, if you remember the 2005 western conference finals vs the spurs, amare averaged 37 points in 41 minutes… i know people say it was mostly dunks and lay ups and free throws, but if u watched it, he had a good post game, facing up or backing down, and he had a reliable 15-17 foot jumpshot….

but…. he had his injury, and that set him back in terms of athetism

now we jump to the 2010 amare…. you can argue that STAT now is stronger, a more skilled player, more mature no doubt, but he is now a better player than he was in 2004-2005 when he averaged 26 PPG, and had that great 2005 playoff run?

imo, he used to be a better athlete b4 he got hurt, and that he isnt the superstar he used to be b4 the injury… amare is a great player, dont think hes a superstar player.

thoughts?

Im Your Father
    Participant

He is still a pretty outstanding athlete. Alot of his game is still based on being significantly quicker than the power forwards guarding him.

Im Your Father
    Participant

He is still a pretty outstanding athlete. Alot of his game is still based on being significantly quicker than the power forwards guarding him.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ohh yeah, amare is still an elite athlete

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ohh yeah, amare is still an elite athlete

WizardofOz
    Participant

Before the injury, Amare was extremely explosive and athletic. He was the most athletic big man in the NBA. Since the injury, I don’t think he is as athletic as he used to be. Dont get me wrong, he still is an elite athlete, but he was just more athletic before the injury. He also had improved his jump shot in 2005 from the year before.

I would probably still take 2010 Amare because of everything you said, He’s gotten stronger, more skilled, has improved his jump shot even more, has matured, and is still an elite athlete, although not the same athlete he was before the injury.

WizardofOz
    Participant

Before the injury, Amare was extremely explosive and athletic. He was the most athletic big man in the NBA. Since the injury, I don’t think he is as athletic as he used to be. Dont get me wrong, he still is an elite athlete, but he was just more athletic before the injury. He also had improved his jump shot in 2005 from the year before.

I would probably still take 2010 Amare because of everything you said, He’s gotten stronger, more skilled, has improved his jump shot even more, has matured, and is still an elite athlete, although not the same athlete he was before the injury.

ilike.panochas
    Participant

Before Microfracture surgery, Amare was like a 6’10 Dwight Howard, his surgery caused him to loose a little bit of explosion but developed more offensively (like his mid range jump shot), he still explosive but like every other surgery the player will almost always never be the same as they were before the surgery.

ilike.panochas
    Participant

Before Microfracture surgery, Amare was like a 6’10 Dwight Howard, his surgery caused him to loose a little bit of explosion but developed more offensively (like his mid range jump shot), he still explosive but like every other surgery the player will almost always never be the same as they were before the surgery.

CopShades
    Participant

The 2005 version was more fun to watch, but I think the 2010 version is better. More well rounded, more ways to score. Neither version could guard a fire hydrant, but whatever.

CopShades
    Participant

The 2005 version was more fun to watch, but I think the 2010 version is better. More well rounded, more ways to score. Neither version could guard a fire hydrant, but whatever.

the fan
    Participant

Not even close. The 2005 Amare was a nightmare to cover, he dunked EVERYTHING. He had highlight dunks every night and seemed unstoppable within 6-8 feet of the hoop . Yes, Amare is more skilled and has developed his jumper more now, but Amare was more explosive then Dwight before he got hurt and could been a 28 10 guy for years. Still a great athlete but not unbelievable anymore.

the fan
    Participant

Not even close. The 2005 Amare was a nightmare to cover, he dunked EVERYTHING. He had highlight dunks every night and seemed unstoppable within 6-8 feet of the hoop . Yes, Amare is more skilled and has developed his jumper more now, but Amare was more explosive then Dwight before he got hurt and could been a 28 10 guy for years. Still a great athlete but not unbelievable anymore.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login