100 greatest players

willie wise fan
100 greatest players

i think it would be cool to get a group of users together and make a top 100 players list as a group does anybody think its a good idea

willie wise fan
im talking about 100 greatest

im talking about 100 greatest in history and i like the idea because it would be a good way to incorporate many peoples opinions

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Like a draft?

Or an actual list? Either way, it could be cool, just needs to be some sense of organization. If you wanted to do it like I did the Top 5 at each position, the voting would become much more difficult, lol. It has been a while since I updated my top 100 list, think their have been changes not only in players moving up, but also in thoughts and how I view certain things. Here was how the Top 5 by Position turned out:

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/nba-all-time-team-position-voting-results-1-5-and-voting-6-10

Had 36 different (I hope) posters contribute, took some work to tabulate, not to difficult though. I gave up on 6-10, think it just got a little out of control with people not using the format or following the fact that 1-5 were off limits. Either way, if you just wanted a bunch of posters to make a top 100, I would contribute. Just do not know if one can make a "Forum Top 100" unless they are an excel ninja or willing to put in a lot of work.

Think the best thing to do is to lead by example. I like when people make suggestions, just usually like it more when they start of a discussion by putting themselves out there. Guess what I am saying is, if you throw down a well thought out Top 100, than I think you would find people willing to contribute and most definitely debate. Also, should outline whether you mean "Top 100 NBA Players" or "Top 100 Basketball Players". Both are difficult, the second one much more so.

drk3351
drk3351's picture
top 100 in general like whod

top 100 in general like whod you want on your team or of their time. for example bill russell dominant in the 60's but now wouldnt be nearly as good

willie wise fan
i am not sure really how to

i am not sure really how to do it i was thinking aba and nba players only probably having to of played 6 years or more and take turns making picks i am open to suggestions from anyone with a good idea

willie wise fan
i would say it would be based

i would say it would be based both on how they would contribute today but also how they affected the game in their era so bill russell would be considered high in my opinion probably top 5 in my opinion

I May Be Biased
I like the idea but it would

I like the idea but it would be too many conflict of ideas if you tried to do that, especially when it comes to top ten. For example one guy would say LeBron is top ten while another guy would not say LeBron is top ten

druneave3
druneave3's picture
Draft

It would be cool to do a draft like TNT did a few years back during the All-Star break where Charles Barkley selected Allen Iverson with his first pick. Maybe 30 users, 5 man team, snake draft. Would be fun to have people vote on the best team in the end but it would be difficult and time consuming.

willie wise fan
a better idea might be for

a better idea might be for users wanting to to post their top 100 list and compare and see whos is best i may post mine today sometime when i get it finished

ItsVictorOladipo
ItsVictorOladipo's picture
Might be a cool idea, I'd

Might be a cool idea, I'd definitly take part. I once posted on here my top 20 lists for each position which is essentially a top 100 all-time list. I still have it saved somewhere on my PC actually.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Don't know whos is the best

That is hard to say, especially for a Top 100 list. Still, I will work on updating mine as well, been quite a while. Mine is purely NBA based. Feel it is too difficult to bring ABA players into the mix and while some players legacy in the ABA might move them slightly higher, just feel that it is very difficult to compare the two. Base mine off of career achievement and basically who I see I see as being the flat out best player, though time and context are taken into account as well. In the end, a lot of it is personal opinion and if it is well researched as well as thought out to an extent, hard to say that one is better than another. Definitely interested in seeing peoples lists and good old discussion/debate, though.

Also, I tend to have a 10 year or career completion limit. That means I will have to include guys like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Carmelo, heck even Chris Bosh should at least get consideration. Just hard for me to include players who have played less than that as they still have quite a bit they can accomplish. Do I think Kevin Durant will be a top 20-30 player All-Time? Certainly looks that way, may be even higher. Just think that I would rather have more of a gauge on it than ranking him ahead of a person who has already had a full career or more of a semblance of one.

willie wise fan
i would say ABA wise other

i would say ABA wise other than players who also played in the NBA the only 2 i would consider top 100 would be Mel Daniels and Roger Brown I do agree it is hard to rate ABA players because many who were ABA stars struggled in the NBA sometimes due to injury or age and many excelled better in the more fast paced and high flying ABA style. Then its also hard because many players were not great aba players like larry kenon or bobby jones but excelled in the NBA. I wouldnt say that they would facor in for me unless it were top 150 i will probably post my top 100 list soon

willie wise fan

1. Michael Jordan

2. Wilt Chamberlain

3 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4 Magic Johnson

5 Bill Russell

6 Oscar Robertson

7 Larry Bird

8 Kobe Bryant

9 Shaquille O’Neal

10 Elgin Baylor

11 Karl Malone

12 Tim Duncan

13 Bob Pettit

14 Jerry West

15 Hakeem Olajawon

16 Moses Malone

17 John Stockton

18 George Mikan

19 John Havlicek

20 Elvin Hayes

21 David Robinson

22 Jason Kidd

23 Nate Thurmond

24 Kevin Garnett

25 LeBron James

26 Charles Barkley

27 Julius Erving

28 Jerry Lucas

29 Bob Cousy

30 Isaiah Thomas

31 Willis Reed

32 Scottie Pippen

33 Walt Frazier

34 George Gervin

35 Rick Barry

36 Dirk Nowitzki

37 Steve Nash

38 Artis Gilmore

39 Patrick Ewing

40 Dominique Wilkins

41 Allen Iverson

42 Wes Unseld

43 Pete Maravich

44 Kevin McHale

45 Billy Cunningham

46 Reggie Miller

47 Tiny Archibald

48 Walt Bellamy

49 Dolph Schayes

50 Bill Sharman

51 Bob McAdoo

52 Clyde Drexler

53 Dave Cowens

54 Dwyane Wade

55 Gus Johnson

56 Paul Arizin

57 Hal Greer

58 Dave Debusschere

59 Sam Jones

60 Earl Monroe

61 George McGinnis

62 Bob Lanier

63 Gary Payton

64 Bernard King

65 David Thompson

66 Dennis Rodman

67 Adrian Dantley

68 Connie Hawkins

69 Jack Twyman

70 Dave Bing

71 Spencer Haywood

72 Bill Walton

73 James Worthy

74 Paul Pierce

75 Robert Parish

76 Mel Daniels

77 Lenny Wilkins

78 Chris Mullin

79 Dwight Howard

80 Dan Issel

81 Ray Allen

82 Lou Hudson

83 Alonzo Mourning

84 Zelmo Baety

85 Joe Fulks

86 Rudy Tomjanovich

87 Joe Dumars

88 Alex English

89 Roger Brown

90 Tracy McGrady

91 Tim Hardaway

92 George Yardley

93 Cliff Hagan

94 Vince Carter

95 Chris Paul

96 Ed Macauley

97 Gail Goodrich

98 Calvin Murphy

99 Kevin Johnson

100 Chet Walker

willie wise fan
mikey and dwight if you

mikey and dwight if you finish your lists and have time to post them i am definitely interested in seeing them

RSS: Syndicate content