This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Andv1 Waiting 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    DolanCare
    Participant

I’ve been surprised there hasn’t been more chatter about moving Dragic to a contender. I know he’s been battling injury, but the guy has another 2 years in him at the very least. Moreover, a few teams could use a PG.

The team that comes to mind is Philadelphia, who seem ready to move from Fultz. (If you trust the media rumors). I see could Dragic fitting with Detroit and Utah too.

What do ya’ll think… Does Dragic have value as a PG with a team trying to make a run? 

high floor
    Participant

Not a ton of value, but they could get something pretty attractive in return. He’s ranked somewhere between the 11th-15th best PG in the league. But he’s a depreciating asset now that he’s on the wrong side of 30.

How about Dragic to Orlando for a protected first round pick & one of their Simmons / Fournier / Ross wings? 

Orlando seems intent on competing for a 7-8 seed this year (debatable strategy, for sure) and if they could get Dragic without giving up Gordon / Isaac / Bamba that’s a deal I would consider doing if I were them.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Detroit Pistons – I think his perimeter shooting would automatically help the team, he is a better overall player than Jackson as well.
    Orlando Magic – Currently 8th in the East without a PG really, would be a huge upgrade for them.
    San Antonio Spurs – They need 3pt shooting, whether Pop wants to admit it or not.

Hitster
    Participant

Dragic is still on a hefty contract and has a $19 million plus player option for next year and the Heat are still well in the play off battle. But guys like Riley and Spol can see the big picture and might be prepared to "tank" for a year if the lottery depth was good but with so many teams at the same level out East and "rebuilding-tanking" then they might only end up with say 8th to 10th pick. Plus it could be D-Wade’s last season so they probably want to stay in the hunt out of loyalty to them.

But if Pat Riley was offered a cap saving deal with some assets for Dragic,l I’d figure he’d be hard pressed to turn it down.

HobbyOG
    Participant

Read the Heat are interested in John Wall, Dragic to the Wizards..

DolanCare
    Participant

Philly should consider moving Fultz and Chandler for Dragic and a future pick. 

Andv1 Waiting
    Participant

So a team with a similar tier level player on a worse deal may make this move or one that needs a P.G at all…I don’t see any legit contender going for him unless it was as a 6th man role or if it was to get some cap relief but give up a pick sort of move..

Teams

Sun-Coach maybe able to convince him to stay(national team coach) as the team had bad bust up..They currently have no P.G…

Pistons Reggie Jackson-If he is on worse deal but shorter they may make it happen…

Spurs-No P.G at all until Murray is back but what shape he will be in when back is still up in the air…

Pacers-If you believe he is uprgrade over collison/joesph…

Rockets in a 4 team trade…They get a P.G that will allow CP3 to play less mins and allows them to be fresher com playoffs- See Ariza Rumored deal so they maybe get involved by giving the heat a pick or two and the Heat get a player of need from other team with rocket  picks as they go tank mode or as they call it developmental mode lol…

Magic but this would be a sort of meh move for both sides they give heat a pick and Augustine + something else to make numbers work..

Wizards-if they legit believe in Wall this gives the Wizards a get out that bad deal card lol and allows the Heat to use Wall as a recruiter for the big names Riley likes to go after-see Boogie as at least 1 name or maybe even bledsoe if he wants to do Kentucky at next level as possibly mentioned..

Kings-If they want to use him as a 6th man? But what for is the question…As this would be a typical Kings move..

Knicks-If they wanted to get a P.G for right now maybe give up a pick and some cheaper deals…But hopefully they aren’t that stupid..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login