This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar kobyz 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    halfdecayed
    Participant

He seriously injured his knee tonight against the raptors and is likely out for the rest of the season.. Hopefully he has a fast recovery man.. He’ll have an MRI tomorrow but it didn’t look good.. I like him alot as a player and it sucks that every year it seems theres a youngin going down. . 

OhCanada-
    Participant

That was a very akward injury because his knee blew out while him and Siakam were making a play for the ball in the air and when it gave out he fell into Siakam, Pascal was upset and at the moment thought it was a dirty play and was mad at Oladipo and the refs. It was a really akward situation when Oladipo didnt get back up because Siakam was whining for a call. Players gotta stop making it a habit to cry on every single possession to the refs because situations like this will happen and youll end up lookig like a complete clown. Hope the best for Oladipo, one of the few real star basketball players left in the league.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

We will hopefully see a lot of growth from our young guys in Turner, Sabonis & Holiday.

Absolutely sucks for the Pacers, but I really feel for Victor he has worked so hard to get to this point in his career. 

Interesting to see what our front office does, maybe go after a Rodney Hood or Josh Jackson to play that SG spot, but young enough to be developed.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I was at the game last night and it definitely sucked to see my favorite player in the league go down smh. I have several thoughts about the situation. 

My first is that the signs were there. It’s the same knee he had issues with earlier this season that caused him to miss 11 games. He had issues with the knee last season too. Is this something they could’ve prevented? 

My other thought is that it looked like a dislocation. We’ll see what the MRI comes up with today though. I’m not a doctor, but just from searching online, it says you can return from a dislocation in 4-6 weeks. Hopefully, he didn’t do any damage to tendons or ligaments. Regardless,  he has the mentality and work ethic to get back to 100%. 

This is a huge blow to the Pacers, but like festar35 mentioned, it’s a major opportunity for their younger players like Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis to step up. 

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Damn . . . Quad tendon tear smh. That’s at least 4-6 months. Possibly more. 

Has anybody in the nbadraft.net community ever had this injury before? 

juves4783
    Participant

espn reporting ruptured quad tendon, out for year.  tough loss.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Didn’t Tony Parker have the same injury not that long ago? I think it took him about 8 months to return. 

With Vic being younger, hopefully he heals quicker. However, who knows . . . Kawhi was younger and had a similar, but less worse injury than Parker’s, and look what happened there. 

Hopefully, the Pacers don’t rush him back. Let him get 100% healthy. 

festar35festar35
      festar35
      Participant

This one hurts. I am intrigued to see how Pritchard attacks the deadline, I personally hope we make a "mini-move" for a young cheap wing.

Ideal woild be Josh Jackson, but maybe a Rodney Hood or KCP. 

dmo21
        Participant

I actually think the Pacers could be fine for the rest of the year as guys like Tyreke and Holiday can step up and fill that SG hole. Plus they can play their point guards together (Collison and Joseph). Being as this team wasn’t relient on Oladipo, I think they can weather the storm with good team play and guys stepping up. However, if they did want to trade for a replacement, I think they’d have to use Collison or Joseph to match salaries. Possible targets that could fit and be available are Burks, Hood, Waiters, Courtney Lee, Ross, KCP or Stephenson (bring back Lance!).  

halfdecayed
    Participant

gotta keep his leg straight for 6 weeks.. Gonna be out awhile man.. sucks for the pacers 

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

How much more than expirings and a draft pick would it take to grab Conley?

festar35festar35
      festar35
      Participant

I wouldn’t be upset if Indiana went hard after Conley, but Vic will likely join the team halfway through next season then spend that time getting his legs back under him as he won’t have had an off-season to condition.

We woild then basically have 1 year for Vic (hopefully healthy) to figure out how to play with Conley who wil be 33yrs old, I’m not sure that it is a smart move.

We have Turner, Sabonis & Holiday all 22years old that we can work on patiently for when Vic returns. I’d prefer we out more young guys on the roster so we can make a 3-4 year push when Victor is back, before he declines from 32 onwards. (It’s a bit of a trend but obviously not a written rule the age)

OhCanada-
      Participant

I think they would have to throw in a good young player like Aaron Holiday.

Andv1 Waiting
    Participant

I have always liked V.O and was sort of gutted we traded him for P.G, this injury is such a shame as it seemed liked he was starting to hit his ceiling/potential…

The easiest comparison to how maybe this will play out is see Blake Griffin after a less severe version( partial quad tear).. He was in and out of the lineup and had other issues come with this injury. I think it took until last offseason for him to come right-I think it was when portland bounced LAC until this last offseason for him to finally come right so maybe 2-3 seasons at least before V.O comes right.. 

What the pacers should do is dependent on what you see their ceiling as and who will you run things through post injury…
    If you see them as now a first maybe 2nd round out you stay pat and just wait until the offseason as who they could get back won’t be a player of V.O’s level or possibly be able to do much due to missing Training camp with team..  The Pacers could maybe get an injury exception(cap relief) and move a pick or two plus deals to balance things out and make a push for a Mike C or Otto porter but honestly I don’t know if you want to put yourself in cap hell especially if V.O is never the same player again..

BeastMode716
    Participant

Pacers franchise have really been the model for how an NBA Franchise in a mid level market that is not a big ticket free agent destination can not only stay relevant but Succeed! 

W/ smart management, great coaching & player development, excellent scouting, shrewd trades & drafting & this Pacers team is an Outstanding team that can beat Anyone in the East in a playoff series 

So for doing things the Right Way the Pacers Deserve better than a horrible injury to the Star player 

But this is a young Well built team, Deep, Hungry & hopefully Vic Oladipo can recover 100% & next year the Pacers will be right back at the top of the Eastern Conf battling w/ the other Eastern Conf Powers for a Top seed 

kobyz
    Participant

Nicest person you can find in the league… 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login