This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar SubZero 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    HobbyOG
    Participant

Was a huge fan of dude in OKC..wasn’t mad about him going to GS, you gotta be happy I guess. BUT lately KD has been doing too many interviews and saying the wrong stuff..Lebron and the Lakers with his "fan boys", he deserves a statue, the media annoys him etc. 

My quesiton is…where will KD play next year? Many say the Knicks, he doesn’t like the media and the NY media will eat his skinny azz up..

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

As great of a player Durant is, possibly the most gifted offensive player to ever play he game, he is really a huge jerk in my opinion.  Just the way he’s carried himself after he left OKC has been awful.  Of course he’s not being paid to be a great guy, but the KD from OKC and that awful but feel good movie "Thunderstruck" is long gone.  I dunno why he felt he needed to take on this tough guy personally but it just makes him look like a jackass.  Haven’t a clue where he ends up next year but I expect more of the "fake tough guy" act from him wherever he goes.  

SeattleSuperChronics
    Participant

KD is a mental midget!!

OhCanada-
      Participant

They prefer to be called little people. Mental little people.

halfdecayed
    Participant

Why the hell would you even say Kawhi doesn’t fit with Lebron in the first place and it makes no sense ? Don’t wanna actually compete Kevin ? Kawhi needs the ball? Guess what, so did Kyrie and Wade. Lebron is pushing 33, he needs someone that can operate with the ball and create his own shot. He’s pissed me off since arriving in Golden State acting tough like he didn’t blow a 3-1 lead then went on and joined the best team ever record-wise that just beat him. I think he’s tired to be regarded as the number 2 guy in the league, but guess what, you’re not going to be judged properly playing with a starting line up full of all star, Lebron will outshine you, especially now playing in LA. Sorry KD fans, but let’s put Lebron on the Warriors last year, and KD on the Cavs, we’re not having the same finals match up, but Warriors still win it all easily..  

OhCanada-
      Participant

I really dont think Kawhi gives a shit about anything to be honest lol. 1st option, 2nd option, supermax or max blah blah blah. He just likes competing loves playing basketball and wants to win. People say he is shy or has a personality disorder but I just think he tries to come in and do his job and people bother him to the point where he is genuinely frustrated and he’s Marshawn Lynching the whole league by trying to keep interviews as short as possible. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Best fits for Durant other than Golden State: Raptors, Celtics, Lakers, and… ironically, the Thunder.

What are the odds of a KD homecoming?

Oh.  What about the Mavs?  With Luka Legend running the show and maybe Dirk comes back another year, Durant would be a great piece for that team.  Dennis The Menace, Jr., Luka, Durant, Dirk, and DeAndre Jordan — that’s an interesting/potent starting five.

If Durant goes to the Knicks he is gonna need a lot of help.

Do we get a new "Super Team"?

Other than a few options, probably not.

Wild card: whatever team gets the top pick.  Especially if the Knicks get it.

Chammes
    Participant

The Los Angeles Clippers but hear me out. Jerry West And KD have a very good relationship that dates back years. Golden State will honestly win the finals again and KD will want to bounce to go try to get his MVPs to cement himself as a top 20 player ever. The Clippers have a great young team worh Harris, Harrell, Gallo, a good bench and a future all star in SGA. Plus he’s going to the 2nd biggest market in the US and has a city rivalry with Lebron. Why doesn’t he do that? 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

If he gets another title this year then he will have 2 with another Finals appearance with the Thunder.

Who knows what this guy is gonna do though… kind of a weird guy sometimes.

He can basically do whatever he wants, it just depends on what he wants to do for the rest of his prime and for the remainder of his career.

Not even sure who I would like to see him play with.  Maybe with Russellmania down in OKC.  Get that small market franchise a championship (or two).  Legacy-wise that might be his best bet.

He would be the King of New York if he helps the Knicks win a title.  Not even Durant can help them do that, but if they get Kawhi, too, that would be nice.  Hey, they still might even need some extra help inside.

Ironically, Durant and Kawhi could very well square off in the Finals this season.

Then again, what about Dallas?  

Talk about a BIG THREE with Durant, Doncic, and Kawhi Leonard with DeAndre Jordan as the 4th Horseman and the elder statesman Dirk Nowitzki as the stable’s manager.

Don’t rule out Mark Cuban trying to bring a SUPER TEAM to Luka Vegas.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I like this Kevin Durant . . . He speaks his mind. He bit his tongue in OKC. I also don’t get how anybody can say he’s saying the "wrong" things when it’s all subjective. There are a lot of people who agree with him. 

I don’t think people watched his full interview with Chris Haynes (Yahoo! Sports) or read the full article that Ric Bucher (Bleacher Report) wrote. During the interview with Haynes, he asked Durant what winning a third championship could mean and what kind of impact it could have in the Bay Area. He didn’t say he "deserved" a statue. He said they’d probably get statues. He said Steve Kerr, the front office, the owner, etc would probably be legends. He talked about what it’d mean for the entire franchise.  

In Bucher’s article, he wasn’t the only player who commented about players wanting to play with LeBron James. There are several players’ comments in that article. You might not like what he said, but a lot of people, including players in the league, agree with what he said.

I don’t think Durant gives a ish about markets, etc. Where he goes will be strictly a basketball decision. People can say what they want about Durant joining the Warriors and him speaking his mind lately, but you can never question that he’s obsessed with growing as a basketball player both mentally and skill wise. He’s a MAJOR student of the game and somewhat of a basketball purist. He wants to be a great *basketball* player. He’ll sign with the team he feels he can do that with and that’s clearly the Warriors.

halfdecayed
      Participant

You like this Kevin Durant? Wtf lol, dude has burner accounts to defend himself and whines all the time. Truly, I don’t get it, is it because he takes little shots at Lebron who destroyed your pacers for so many years ? 

IndianaBasketball
        Participant

I never wrote anything about him using burner accounts. That’s actually the KD I didn’t like. I was referring to his latest comments, etc. I don’t mind him speaking what’s on his mind. I’d prefer him do that than bite his tongue (Or use burner accounts). 

I think this is more of who the real KD is. You either like him or you don’t. 

I also don’t really consider KD’s comments "shots" at LeBron, but hopefully LeBron does. I think it’s interesting having a little drama between the two best players in the game if you ask me. 

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

The most whining, cry baby, mind of a baby, coward HOFer I can think of lol

Andv1 Waiting
    Participant

Not being a salty fan or anything as mentioned by original poster got to be happy for someone that has earnt the right to make a choice whatever it is..

But the age old saying you are your own worst enemy springs to the GSW version of K.D…

In OKC he was just purely all about the game vs now he is trying to expand on stuff that is just going to get him bad situations and even worse fan perception of himself in GSW…

To answer your question where will he end up though:

In Order of likelihood:

GSW-This will solely depened on what they do this season: 3 peat I think he stays so he can try get 4 in a row or more if they lose I can see him doing what he did to the Thunder…As this season has a very similar feel to when he left OKC..He will say enough to make you think he isn’t leaving but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some back door dealings going on again..But personally I think alot of it will depend on who is kept/leaves in the offseason to what he does: Does Dray get traded,Klay walk(also F.A),Cousins leave or stay as he could use that as an excuse to why he left or stays also..

OKC-This is if GSW lose I see Potential for another Lebron type move(Heatles =GSW) on his part, OKC= CAVs return for lebron..As 1 ring there will = 5 GSW in Fans opinions..It would probably only be 1-3 year thing if it did and most likely would have to be a back loaded deal for it to work…I see this as unlikely but maybe he is like I did Russ and Presti dirty maybe this will help change my legacy which may make the Media back off him..

Also see following of R.W on the Gram as potential back door communications port to try reconnect and the fact he turned up some of their runs in the offseason you wouldn’t do this if you weren’t sort of cool with someone, you wouldn’t play in the same runs and would avoid them like the plague…Plus maybe he was like show me you can get someone else in here+ Russ can at least attempt to change and we will talk in a couple of years to presti as who knows maybe Pacers don’t make the P.G trade if K.D was there(oladipo was already there pre K.D bolt). As it was the same sad fact as Lebron first go with the Cavs in OKC in that they could never get Big names to come in for meetings/to sign with them vs Now where Russ got P.G to stay and we got Dennis S in via trade to go with Russ and Adams which may make us a little more appealing to come back to..

Lakers or Clippers depending on who goes harder in F.A for him…Lakers could have lebron say lets get one together as I have no doubt they want to play together at one point with the most recent interview being a smokescreen and you take the mantle when I start declining..  Clippers have West smooth Talk K.D as he did in the past when he was an adviser for GSW…But this is more of if I still want to beat Lebron type move…

Outside team: In the off chance K.D has someone else in the pocket I could see him going to the city he next wants to live in that will offer him the best lifestyle and at least a chance at contending so see your teams with at least 1 player he is high on  NYK(K.P),Phoenix(Booker)-if they move to seattle like mentioned as he is very high on Seattle,or a team that will allow him to eventually move into Ownership with them(if he does want to own a team) see Jordans move to Washington which allowed him to get a bettter understanding of how it works as I think they allowed him to get a inside view of things..

Cynthia
    Participant

KD is a weak-minded narcissist. He feels like he has to go out of his way to prove he’s a tough guy when everyone knows he’s not. He’s probably the least hard player in the NBA yet tries to act the most hard. It’s actually hilarious. He’s like that scrawny kid in school that talked shit to everyone but when someone stepped to him he ran away and cried for mommy.

To think this guy used to be considered the most humble star in the league. What a pathetic joke he has become. He has completely tarnished his legacy, he could win 10 more chips and no one would still ever respect him (besides IndianaBasketball apparently).

IndianaBasketball
      Participant

I’ll leave the psychiatric analysis to you lol. 

I absolutely respect KD as a player and his basketball skill-set. He’s unbelievable. As far as his legacy and all of that, time will tell. I personally don’t care. In my eyes, he’s in the conversation as the best offenisve player/scorer I’ve ever seen. 

Hitster
    Participant

If he has bad mouthed LBJ what would LBJ’s thoughts on KD joining him on the same roster especially as next season LBJ will turn 35 and if there was a power struggle would the older player win. LBJ is such a player that if KD did go to Lakers he might clearly show on court who is the main man.

KD to Clippers is an interesting one and sets up an LA rivalry between the consensus top two guys in the league.

But if GSW do win a hat trick of titles in a row then the 4 timer would be on – not done since Red and Russell’s Celtics, that would surely appeal to KD.

SubZero
    Participant

Backpack with the Bible KD was the best KD. Too bad he’s dead

IndianaBasketball
      Participant

"Too bad he’s dead."

Tf . . . Get a grip dude lmfao.

KD finally lost the book bag (Which was lame anyway) and leaves his bible at home now, so he’s dead to you. I’m dying lmao. 

The dude just grew up and changed man. He’s human. Let him live. 

SubZero
        Participant

I didn’t even say he’s dead to me, I meant he changed and I liked the old him better. Get a grip dude it’s a figure of speech dude lmfao I’m dying lmao

And did you actually think I was saying I liked him better because he wore a backpack? Lol cause it should be obvious that’s not what I meant at all, I meant I liked him at that time when that was who he is, and that was just an easy way to describe what time I was referring to. I don’t think it’s a hot take to say he was more likable then

I normally like your posts but you’re coming off pretty hostile here for no good reason. Simmer down

Fuqdatass
    Participant

I personally don’t mind what he does off the court, as long as he isn’t breaking any laws. He has no obligation to be a role model, and I won’t put him on a pedestal.

I had no problem with his decision to leave OKC. He had zero obligation to the franchise, and I believe that it was ultimately the right decision for him.  

He and the GSW have earned their championships fair and square, and I hope that he continues to have a great career. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login