This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Scrooge McDuck 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Chammes
    Participant

Brandon Ingram-17/5/3/49%

James Harden-12/3/2/44%

PG-12/5.5/2/44%

Kawhi-12/6/2/49%

I’m not even thinking about giving up on Brandon Ingram yet, he’s averaging all star caliber numbers without Lebron and still has a ton of room to grow. I don’t understand the hate with him.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

In my pre-draft notes I had him down as being a 20+ppg pro.  He is inconsistant but i still think he will get there…

Chammes
      Participant

I’d say he’s a year in a half away until peole start looking at him like an actual star, he’s so talented

BeardedDragon84
    Participant

I mean sure… all those guys were in their second season as 21 yr olds, Ingram is in his third. He plays 2-6 more minutes than they did and averages 13.5 fg’s, the others were around 9. Not saying he doesn’t have room to grow or won’t ever become a franchise player… just wondering why you chose those players. Harden was coming off the bench and the other 2 were late lottery picks that were more of a surprise that they developed into superstars. Ingram could definitely turn into a Paul George like player and his fadeaway could really turn into an unguardable weapon in time due to his length… we’re all just doubtful he can do it playing off of Lebron.

highflyer0
    Participant

I’ve watched almost every Laker game this year.  Ingram works very hard and seems like a good guy who wants to do whatever it takes to be great.  But his stats are a little misleading, as the poster above has alluded to.  His percentages are fine but he takes a lot of shots to score his points.  He doesn’t get his shot off very quickly and he doesn’t have the natural shake and quickness of star wings.  Ingram has great length and his form is okay, but he’s nowhere near as fluid an athlete as Paul George.  With that said, he’s a reliable 3-point shot away from being a very different and much more effective player.  Would not be surprised to see him turn into an allstar.  But I don’t think it’s a guarantee.  One thing I will say is that he will put in the work necessary, which is perhaps the most important factor in determining a talented player’s potential. 

celtics1982
    Participant

Ingram rates 54th in ESPN defensive real plus minus among SFs. Compare to a guy like Tatum in his 2nd year at 29. It’s why you are now hearing Rudy Gay comps being thrown around. Not a bad player, can certainly help your team, just limits his upside. A lot of people thought he’d add weight and could become a defensive force. Pre-draft people were saying he could guard four positions. Compare to Brown who’s 5th amoung SGs already. It’s why I feel Ball has the higher upside.

So yea I see him becoming a 20 ppg type guy on the right team. He’s very skilled, can pass and is very young. I don’t see anything close to Harden, George or Leonard upside though.

BlueRivers25
    Participant

when did 17/5/3/49% become all star caliber numbers ?

I think Kuzma will become an all star before Ingram. 

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

Kuzma is more effective, +/- wise, work ethic, may become an all star. Gets to his spots, doesn’t over dribble. Ingram is a BUM, all ISO, ball hog, low IQ, will never make an all star team. IMHO, I’d prefer Wagner, Hart, and Mykhauliuk if i were the Pelicans.

iguapops420
    Participant

Ingram hasn’t he’s highest +/- on the team bruh. Not to mention whoever the poster talking about defensive rating needs to actually watch the games. He’s shut Doncic down, Butler, McCollum etc etc. He’s a consistent three point shot away from being MUCH different player. Literally just scratching the surface and quite frankly as much as I’ve watched of he ANd Tatum, BI is much better defensively. Jean not as great as he can be off ball but he’s the best defender on the perimeter LA has (arguable with Zo). 

Kuzma is a chucker who plays no D, doesn’t rebound and despite him averaging a couple of assists doesn’t look to make plays for others. It’s only a secondary action. BI hasn’t been the most consistent player of all the young guys. Right now due to his lack of a trey ball, he doesn’t have the same type of explosive Ganesh as Kuzma but where Kuz is much more likely to bring you 35-40 one game then score single digits the next Brandon is pretty good to countnon 17-22 nightly with little less but littleness regularly. I’m up for shipping anyone or for AD but he’s the guy I’d rather rather have if I get to keep one!

Scrooge McDuck
      Participant

Sure you’re watching the games? Kuzma is a solid passer/play maker. Ingram’s mind is a million miles away when he’s on the court. He just doesn’t compete. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login