This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar lockdownD 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    nick5354
    Participant

I was just reading this article

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/05/05/lebron-james-mvp-bill-russell-kareem-abdul-jabbar-karl-malone-moses-malone-bob-pettit/2136567/

” I don’t know my ceiling, and I won’t stop trying to improve my game. I want to continue to maximize what I have. … I will be a better player next year. I will. I will continue to improve.”

This begs the question, just how can you improve on a statistically historic season?

How many MVP’s does he have left?

I just can’t see how if he already has 4 MVP’s he cannot win another 2 of even for that fact 3 and take over the all time lead for MVPs. I just think he is so gifted that when his elite hoops and athleticism start to decrease he has the ability to still be so effective. His jumper is just money now and it has improved so much, hell he even got his 3 point up past.400%. He entered the league shooting .290% from downtown. His passing just leaves you speechless, and always, he always seems to read the play 2 possessions ahead. He has a natural basketball mind and think he will play on for years to come.

All I can say is after hearing people talking about other great players, i am just so glad I got to witness this man playing the game of basketball in my lifetime.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

I think he will break the MVP record, we’ve got to remember he’s only 28, he will get better and better, after he won that championship it seems like his confidence has sky-rocketed, he’s the only person that can stop himself at this point.

Also he had a statistically historical season last year, and improved on it with this year’s number, it’s possible he can do it again.

I saw a stat earlier that just made me shake my head:

Melo missed 18 shots today in one game, and 67 shots in his first four games against the Celtic’s

Durant missed 13 shots today in one game, and 46 shots in his first four games against Houston

Lebron missed 22 shots in the whole first round against the Bucks…..just sick.

Man is truly great and I think the game is too easy for him.

XYRYX
      Participant

Now that’s a really interesting stat!

I don’t know what his ceiling might be but he works hard and is trying to maximise his talent.
      Let’s hope he stays relatively healthy for the rest of his career and doesn’t have something like Arenas or Penny or whoever. His physique is absolutely unbelieveable and let us all be just happy we have the chance to whitness his greatness right now! I started following NBA basketball when I saw Shaq in the Dream Team 2 and have seen them all rise and some of them already retire. Shaq, Penny, Zo, Ewing, the Bulls, Iverson, mutombo, Hakeem and the Rockets – this list is endless. I’m glad that I can tell my children some day that I’ve seen MJ, Kobe and LeBron play basketball. We should stop this GOAT discussions and just enjoy this fantastic era of NBA basketball.

LeBron already has set like a million records and is only 28. I remember I had to held a presentation in school in english about any topic I wanted. I picked one highlight video of Bron in High School and named the presentation the future of basketball. It was like one year before the 2003 draft and when I look back I can’t believe he even matched expectations. He was the first player ever to create the word Hype and look what he has done so far…

If you really love this game and respect what the all time greats have done till now you just can’t hate on this man. All the LeBron travels talk is just hilarious to me. It’s not his fault that they somehow forgot about this rule nowadays. But remember what Malone did back in the days and how physical guys like Rodman or Oakley played. They did because they could and you can’t blame LeBron for doing what works for him.

Still, I can’t remember any player within the last 20 years who got so much Hype and even surpassed his expectations – and that at the age of 28!!!

I mean Kobe is still hunting records down and trying to prove he belongs at the top of the list.

Can’t wait for Mr. James next 8 years of Basketball!!!

lockdownD

” i am just so glad I got to witness this man playing the game of basketball in my lifetime.”

Sometimes i think about it, and it still hard to believe I got Lebron James and D. Wade on my hometown team.

nick5354
      Participant

I had James on my hometown team but he left to yours ;). BITCH. Nah, but it is good to see him winning even if it isn’t with Cavs. I mean, that team was filth haha.

Ye, like we can say to our kids or when we are older “remember that time James jumped over some bloke for a dunk” hahaha.

benjo34

i know that he will get better but,i can’t imagine how’s that gonna be,would he have triple duble average ? lol 😀

About those missed shots,if you look at melo and kd you’ll se that they are type of players who have exelent jump shot and they try to use it,lebron is more of a drive to the basket type of player,i think that’s the only reason why he miss small number of shots

mike_r232
    Participant

I’m most impressed with the fact that his stats barely changed when moving from Cleveland (far and above the best scoring option) to Miami with Bosh and Wade. It just doesn’t matter what other talent is around him, he is too good and will find ways to get his.

Last season as a Cav: 29.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 8.6 APG (career high), .503%/.767%/.33%
    This season with the Heat: 26.8PPG, 8.0 RPG (career high), 7.3 APG, .565%(career high)/.753/.406 (career high) Also important to note that he matched his career low of 3.0 turnovers per game and set a new best at assist to turnover ratio.

The guy has become so efficient it’s crazy. The game is just unrealistically easy for him. I don’t see how he couldn’t win another 2-4 MVPs before his career is over along with a handful more championships.

HobbyOG
    Participant

“Lebron will win the next 8 MVPs”-Stan Van Gundy (said several years ago)

Seriously, I think if he stays healthy he could win the next two to three MVPs..

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

The only thing he needs to improve, and he said he is going to work on that next, is free throw shooting.

When free-throw shooting is your only worry, you know you’re pretty much done with everything else. If he can get up to 85% FT, he’ll be complete.

lockdownD

Yessir.
      Imagine he could get a 50-40-90!!

lockdownD

Yessir.
      Imagine he could get a 50-40-90!!

uabasketball
    Participant

At this point its safe to say that Lebron James will get as good as he wants to get. Im just enjoying watching a true master at work. Honestly though i don’t think he’s gonna rest a second until he gets the Defensive Player of the Year undeniably locked up.

uabasketball
    Participant

At this point its safe to say that Lebron James will get as good as he wants to get. Im just enjoying watching a true master at work. Honestly though i don’t think he’s gonna rest a second until he gets the Defensive Player of the Year undeniably locked up.

lockdownD

He should also keep improving in that post game. He has gotten so much better since the first year he joined the Heat is not even fair.
    I remember first year with the Heat he looked anxious getting the ball in the post, Wade had a better post game.
    They would put smaller defenders on him and he would rarely ude his length to easily put the shot over them in the lows. Instead he tried to blow by them and truck them with his strength.
    He had no low post game, his hook shot was terrible, and hesitant to pull it. His mid range turnaround looked smooth but it never went in.

After he lost the Finals to Nowitzki, who funny enough I believe taught him thru beating him, the importance of a post game, Nowitzki effortlessly killed everyone from the post!
    Lebron got together with Hakeem that summer and came the next year with a little developed post game, looked much better but still looked hesitant and forced.

Right in front of my eyes, like a freshman in college, from there on it was constant improvement.
    His post game is now beautiful, but it can still get better.

lockdownD

He should also keep improving in that post game. He has gotten so much better since the first year he joined the Heat is not even fair.
    I remember first year with the Heat he looked anxious getting the ball in the post, Wade had a better post game.
    They would put smaller defenders on him and he would rarely ude his length to easily put the shot over them in the lows. Instead he tried to blow by them and truck them with his strength.
    He had no low post game, his hook shot was terrible, and hesitant to pull it. His mid range turnaround looked smooth but it never went in.

After he lost the Finals to Nowitzki, who funny enough I believe taught him thru beating him, the importance of a post game, Nowitzki effortlessly killed everyone from the post!
    Lebron got together with Hakeem that summer and came the next year with a little developed post game, looked much better but still looked hesitant and forced.

Right in front of my eyes, like a freshman in college, from there on it was constant improvement.
    His post game is now beautiful, but it can still get better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login