This topic contains 140 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Ghost01 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    TallmanNYC
    Participant

Who do you have for tonight’s game? I’m leaning toward a bounce back game from the Spurs when they get home. But the Heat really blew that game out the other night.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Spurs are older and will be a little more fatigued. It will get progressivly harder for them to win because of rest. I’m taking the Heat with another blowout.

Lipstick
      Participant

The average age of the Heat is three years more than the Spurs, so…

BenchWarmer
        Participant

What’s the average age of the big three on either side?

BenchWarmer
        Participant

What’s the average age of the big three on either side?

BenchWarmer
        Participant

Also dont even try that in terms of professional basketball 3 years can be significant. The difference in age of of lets say 30 to 33 is signifigant in terms of athleticism.

Lipstick
          Participant

I’m not so sure the Spurs rely heavily on athleticism lol, and tell that to Birdman.

BenchWarmer
            Participant

Yeah I see what you mean plus with Pop managing minutes they are in good hands, I’m just not sure the spurs can keep up all game.

BenchWarmer
            Participant

Yeah I see what you mean plus with Pop managing minutes they are in good hands, I’m just not sure the spurs can keep up all game.

Lipstick
          Participant

I’m not so sure the Spurs rely heavily on athleticism lol, and tell that to Birdman.

BenchWarmer
        Participant

Also dont even try that in terms of professional basketball 3 years can be significant. The difference in age of of lets say 30 to 33 is signifigant in terms of athleticism.

Lipstick
      Participant

The average age of the Heat is three years more than the Spurs, so…

BenchWarmer
      Participant

Props to the Spurs for making me look like an idiot thus far. Theyve been one of my favorite teams outside of the Raptors for the past 6 years and they a reminding me why.

BenchWarmer
      Participant

Props to the Spurs for making me look like an idiot thus far. Theyve been one of my favorite teams outside of the Raptors for the past 6 years and they a reminding me why.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Spurs are older and will be a little more fatigued. It will get progressivly harder for them to win because of rest. I’m taking the Heat with another blowout.

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Spurs bounce back and lead for the entire game. But then LeBron hits a game-winner.

Just my stupid guess. Don’t care who wins, really. I want a great game.

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Spurs bounce back and lead for the entire game. But then LeBron hits a game-winner.

Just my stupid guess. Don’t care who wins, really. I want a great game.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

As much as I want to say the Heat win, I don’t see the Spurs losing their first Finals home game after 6 long years.

Also, I don’t know how much Wade can give them tonight so I see the Spurs taking this one. I’m rooting for the Heat but the odds are undeniable for this game.

All I want is a good game though. A 3-4 point win for either team would be nice.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

As much as I want to say the Heat win, I don’t see the Spurs losing their first Finals home game after 6 long years.

Also, I don’t know how much Wade can give them tonight so I see the Spurs taking this one. I’m rooting for the Heat but the odds are undeniable for this game.

All I want is a good game though. A 3-4 point win for either team would be nice.

B-ball fan
    Participant

Heat in a close game. It should be close, but I think the Spurs are just a little more reliant on knocking down their jump shots and they probably won’t be quite as hot from downtown as the previous games. How effective the Spurs are at creating opportunities in the lane for Parker will be the key.

B-ball fan
    Participant

Heat in a close game. It should be close, but I think the Spurs are just a little more reliant on knocking down their jump shots and they probably won’t be quite as hot from downtown as the previous games. How effective the Spurs are at creating opportunities in the lane for Parker will be the key.

db24kb24
    Participant

The Others get going at home

db24kb24
    Participant

The Others get going at home

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I think the Spurs will execute a lot better this game and the ball will move more. I also think Tim Duncan plays better than he did last game. I don’t think the Heat role players will play as well as they did last game.

I’ll take the Spurs.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I think the Spurs will execute a lot better this game and the ball will move more. I also think Tim Duncan plays better than he did last game. I don’t think the Heat role players will play as well as they did last game.

I’ll take the Spurs.

halfdecayed
    Participant

gotta love Mike Miller.. dude doesnt play all year, but comes in ready to play for the playoffs and does his job shooting 3s.. Bosh 0 of 4 outside the paint.. If he doesnt knock those open jumper, he’s basically useless lol

halfdecayed
    Participant

gotta love Mike Miller.. dude doesnt play all year, but comes in ready to play for the playoffs and does his job shooting 3s.. Bosh 0 of 4 outside the paint.. If he doesnt knock those open jumper, he’s basically useless lol

Malik-Universal
    Participant

is it me or has LeBron lost some confidence in his jumper

Malik-Universal
    Participant

is it me or has LeBron lost some confidence in his jumper

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

I hope Duncan is okay. Although he is my 3rd least favorite player (behind Boozer and Pau, of course), the Spurs need him and this series needs him. He’s the ultimate PF and one of the best this game’s seen. Dude’s got my respect.

And a side note… Gary Neal. Whenever he shoots it, I swear to God, I feel like it’s going in. He has no conscience telling him “don’t shoot it, Gary!” He provides some good offense off that Spurs bench.

Raef LaFrentz
      Participant

Neal. See what I mean? Haha. Damn.

Raef LaFrentz
      Participant

Neal. See what I mean? Haha. Damn.

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

I hope Duncan is okay. Although he is my 3rd least favorite player (behind Boozer and Pau, of course), the Spurs need him and this series needs him. He’s the ultimate PF and one of the best this game’s seen. Dude’s got my respect.

And a side note… Gary Neal. Whenever he shoots it, I swear to God, I feel like it’s going in. He has no conscience telling him “don’t shoot it, Gary!” He provides some good offense off that Spurs bench.

halfdecayed
    Participant

spurs are really hot from downtown, I expect them to cool off in the second half and it’s gonna be a close one

halfdecayed
    Participant

spurs are really hot from downtown, I expect them to cool off in the second half and it’s gonna be a close one

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

I love watching these teams play

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

I love watching these teams play

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

I’d really like it if the Spurs stop with the senseless turnovers. Guaranteed points for Miami.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

I’d really like it if the Spurs stop with the senseless turnovers. Guaranteed points for Miami.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Spurs cool off and Lebron wakes up. Still going with the Heat. How about Wade, its about damn time.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Spurs cool off and Lebron wakes up. Still going with the Heat. How about Wade, its about damn time.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Mike Miller is killing us. I can’t remember him missing a 3 in the Finals yet.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Mike Miller is killing us. I can’t remember him missing a 3 in the Finals yet.

joe2324
    Participant

its almost halftime, heat are down 2. Something tells me Lebron is GOING OFF in the 3rd quarter. Prediction – Heat win by 10

halfdecayed
    Participant

lol Spurs can’t be really confident going in the second half, only up by 6, and shooting lights out for downtown lol.. not gonna cut it

joe2324
    Participant

its almost halftime, heat are down 2. Something tells me Lebron is GOING OFF in the 3rd quarter. Prediction – Heat win by 10

halfdecayed
    Participant

lol Spurs can’t be really confident going in the second half, only up by 6, and shooting lights out for downtown lol.. not gonna cut it

frogman
    Participant

It’s a Mike Miller vs Gary Neal shoot off thus far

frogman
    Participant

It’s a Mike Miller vs Gary Neal shoot off thus far

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Thank you, Gary Neal. Tony needs to put his stamp in the game in the 2nd half.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Thank you, Gary Neal. Tony needs to put his stamp in the game in the 2nd half.

Kayjay
    Participant

Has been shut down. I never thought I’d see the day. They close off the pain, he can’t make a jump shot to save his life, and he’s forced to become a player that sets up others. Just wow, the Spurs have put everything into shutting him down.

Kayjay
    Participant

Has been shut down. I never thought I’d see the day. They close off the pain, he can’t make a jump shot to save his life, and he’s forced to become a player that sets up others. Just wow, the Spurs have put everything into shutting him down.

SeattleSuperChronics
    Participant

Mike miller is a boss.

SeattleSuperChronics
    Participant

Mike miller is a boss.

B-ball fan
    Participant

The Spurs have been insane in these finals with all the scramble points and crazy shots. They have made so many crazy last second shots already. The Heat looked better for most of that 1st half, but the Spurs got the lead because they just don’t miss. Both teams are getting nice looks.

B-ball fan
    Participant

The Spurs have been insane in these finals with all the scramble points and crazy shots. They have made so many crazy last second shots already. The Heat looked better for most of that 1st half, but the Spurs got the lead because they just don’t miss. Both teams are getting nice looks.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

The Spurs are getting after it!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

The Spurs are getting after it!

DolanCare
    Participant

Kawhi Leonard does all the little things. If TD is the Big Fundamental, Leonard should be coined the Big Intangible.

BenchWarmer
      Participant

Amen

BenchWarmer
      Participant

Amen

DolanCare
    Participant

Kawhi Leonard does all the little things. If TD is the Big Fundamental, Leonard should be coined the Big Intangible.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

My god Mike Miller. Dust him off and throw him in the finals and he doesnt miss a beat, that is preperation

BenchWarmer
    Participant

My god Mike Miller. Dust him off and throw him in the finals and he doesnt miss a beat, that is preperation

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Leonard is EVERYWHERE!!!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Leonard is EVERYWHERE!!!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

LeBron is absolutely choking

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

LeBron is absolutely choking

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

“Cookies!” – Kawhi Leonard’s arms and Kawhi Leonard

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

“Cookies!” – Kawhi Leonard’s arms and Kawhi Leonard

NickWayne87
    Participant

we have ourselves a series folks!

NickWayne87
    Participant

we have ourselves a series folks!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I know LeBron padded his stats the last game in the blowout, but he’s really struggled offensively the last two games IMO.

Other than Mike Miller, the Heat’s role players haven’t showed up. Tim Duncan having a much better game. The ball is moving more for the Spurs… Parker has 8 assists and hasn’t looked for his own offense as much.

Grandmama
      Participant

Screw the IMO, that’s a straight up fact.

Grandmama
        Participant

Ha, then he scores 9 straight

Grandmama
        Participant

Ha, then he scores 9 straight

Grandmama
      Participant

Screw the IMO, that’s a straight up fact.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I know LeBron padded his stats the last game in the blowout, but he’s really struggled offensively the last two games IMO.

Other than Mike Miller, the Heat’s role players haven’t showed up. Tim Duncan having a much better game. The ball is moving more for the Spurs… Parker has 8 assists and hasn’t looked for his own offense as much.

rjb241
    Participant

steph curry who????? gary neal and danny green and now mike miller look like the best shooters in the league. idk whats going on

rjb241
    Participant

steph curry who????? gary neal and danny green and now mike miller look like the best shooters in the league. idk whats going on

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Does anyone else remember when Lebron used his face up game to destroy the celtics last year, were he could hot his mid range,blow by his defender, and see where the help is coming? I haven’t seen him do that one time in this game.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Does anyone else remember when Lebron used his face up game to destroy the celtics last year, were he could hot his mid range,blow by his defender, and see where the help is coming? I haven’t seen him do that one time in this game.

rjb241
    Participant

another point, i just dont see it what so ever when guys on ESPN act like coach Spo is so awesome and a “great basketball mind”……… chalmers forgot how to play in the 3rd. i was screaming god please put in cole but newwwwwww he wants to let him play through it he added so much to the deficit. I just dont buy in what so ever when they say he’s a top coach in the league.

rjb241
    Participant

another point, i just dont see it what so ever when guys on ESPN act like coach Spo is so awesome and a “great basketball mind”……… chalmers forgot how to play in the 3rd. i was screaming god please put in cole but newwwwwww he wants to let him play through it he added so much to the deficit. I just dont buy in what so ever when they say he’s a top coach in the league.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Lebron is heating up a bit. Little confidence going into the fourth. Spurs organization is the best in basketball.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Lebron is heating up a bit. Little confidence going into the fourth. Spurs organization is the best in basketball.

rjb241
    Participant

i know this is irrelevant but mannn that new assassins creed game looks TOO dope. did u all see that commercial??

rjb241
    Participant

i know this is irrelevant but mannn that new assassins creed game looks TOO dope. did u all see that commercial??

Grandmama
    Participant

Gary get buckets!

Grandmama
    Participant

Gary get buckets!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Wow @ Gary Neal Damn.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Wow @ Gary Neal Damn.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I knew Chalmers wasn’t going to play well tonight like he did last game.

19 points last game. 0 tonight.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I knew Chalmers wasn’t going to play well tonight like he did last game.

19 points last game. 0 tonight.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

This has got to be the biggest beatdown this Heat squad and LeBron have ever taken.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

This has got to be the biggest beatdown this Heat squad and LeBron have ever taken.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Oh sh*t! This is nuts.

Spurs are whipping they ass BAD!!!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Oh sh*t! This is nuts.

Spurs are whipping they ass BAD!!!

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Gary Neal might actually get charged for rape this time. Damn

IndianaBasketball
      Participant

Yea, him and Danny Green are guilty lmao

IndianaBasketball
      Participant

Yea, him and Danny Green are guilty lmao

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Gary Neal might actually get charged for rape this time. Damn

NickWayne87
    Participant

which one of yall changed the spurs game sliders?

NickWayne87
    Participant

which one of yall changed the spurs game sliders?

kazam
    Participant

I believe Spolestra is a terrible coach. I am interested to see what adjustments he can make for game 4.

kazam
    Participant

I believe Spolestra is a terrible coach. I am interested to see what adjustments he can make for game 4.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

WOW and it continues!!!

This should be illegal. The Spurs are playing on rookie.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

WOW and it continues!!!

This should be illegal. The Spurs are playing on rookie.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

T-Mac vintage!!!!!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

T-Mac vintage!!!!!

Kayjay
    Participant

But there is no way they shoot like this next game. That was one of the most brilliant three point shooting barrages I’ve ever seen. And the Heat don’t lose back to back games.

Kayjay
    Participant

But there is no way they shoot like this next game. That was one of the most brilliant three point shooting barrages I’ve ever seen. And the Heat don’t lose back to back games.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

It continues lol

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

It continues lol

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Man! I wanted T-Mac to score!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Man! I wanted T-Mac to score!

AmiableBaller34
    Participant

That was bad. Leonard and Duncan led the way on defense, and Green and Neal put it away. It’s amazing to think that Danny Green and Gary Neal just scored over 50 points in a finals game.

AmiableBaller34
    Participant

That was bad. Leonard and Duncan led the way on defense, and Green and Neal put it away. It’s amazing to think that Danny Green and Gary Neal just scored over 50 points in a finals game.

McDunkin

McDunkin

cargathus
      Participant

Damn i forgot ginobili had such free flowing hair (instead of a giant bald spot)

cargathus
      Participant

Damn i forgot ginobili had such free flowing hair (instead of a giant bald spot)

aamir543
    Participant

Lebron was waaaaaay to passive. He’s stronger, faster, bigger, better, and more athletic than EVERYONE in the planet, yet he continues to shrink when the lights get bright. I’ve been saying Spurs in 5 the whole week, but damn Gary Neal and Danny Green must’ve been sleep walking the whole game, because they were unconscious. And this is with Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan combining for 25? Miami better show up fast otherwise the big three era is going to be over FAST.

aamir543
    Participant

Lebron was waaaaaay to passive. He’s stronger, faster, bigger, better, and more athletic than EVERYONE in the planet, yet he continues to shrink when the lights get bright. I’ve been saying Spurs in 5 the whole week, but damn Gary Neal and Danny Green must’ve been sleep walking the whole game, because they were unconscious. And this is with Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan combining for 25? Miami better show up fast otherwise the big three era is going to be over FAST.

redheadedbastard
    Participant

Neal and Green came to destroy pu$$y tonight. and destroy pu$$y they did.

redheadedbastard
    Participant

Neal and Green came to destroy pu$$y tonight. and destroy pu$$y they did.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

LeBron is averaging 16 points on 38% (21-54 FG) in the Finals so far. 5/6 FT in three games. 0 attempts tonight. Missed 11 of his first 14 shots

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

LeBron is averaging 16 points on 38% (21-54 FG) in the Finals so far. 5/6 FT in three games. 0 attempts tonight. Missed 11 of his first 14 shots

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Neal and Green are gonna get laid tonight

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Neal and Green are gonna get laid tonight

Grandmama
      Participant

Golden ticket for those two tonight, booty beware

Grandmama
      Participant

Golden ticket for those two tonight, booty beware

TallmanNYC
    Participant

Crazy swing. I suspect that we have never seen a Finals with this big a swing between back to back games.

The Spurs are just so deep. Folks talk about their “Big Three”, but really the key to the Spurs is that everyone on their team is good (well maybe not Bonner). Seriously, if you took Parker, Duncan and Ginobli off the Spurs, this team would still make the playoffs.

This 3 point shooting was insane. Obviously this can’t continue. Just like in Game 1, the Spurs can’t keep up a 4 turnover night. But the Heat will need to come up with more points and a better way to stop these guys. Does Lebron need to find his offense? I suspect that is the only answer since I don’t see them being able to raise their defensive game high enough to fully contain the Spurs at home.

And damn this 2 – 3 – 2 Finals format has to be DONE!. There is no need to cut down on travel time now that teams fly in private jets and the games are spread out by a minimum of one night and often two nights. No reason why Game 5 on Sunday can’t be back at Miami instead of a third game in San Antonio.

TallmanNYC
    Participant

Crazy swing. I suspect that we have never seen a Finals with this big a swing between back to back games.

The Spurs are just so deep. Folks talk about their “Big Three”, but really the key to the Spurs is that everyone on their team is good (well maybe not Bonner). Seriously, if you took Parker, Duncan and Ginobli off the Spurs, this team would still make the playoffs.

This 3 point shooting was insane. Obviously this can’t continue. Just like in Game 1, the Spurs can’t keep up a 4 turnover night. But the Heat will need to come up with more points and a better way to stop these guys. Does Lebron need to find his offense? I suspect that is the only answer since I don’t see them being able to raise their defensive game high enough to fully contain the Spurs at home.

And damn this 2 – 3 – 2 Finals format has to be DONE!. There is no need to cut down on travel time now that teams fly in private jets and the games are spread out by a minimum of one night and often two nights. No reason why Game 5 on Sunday can’t be back at Miami instead of a third game in San Antonio.

Grandmama
      Participant

I hate the 2-3-2….should definitely be 2-2-1-1-1

Grandmama
      Participant

I hate the 2-3-2….should definitely be 2-2-1-1-1

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Tony Parker’s injury could be big…

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Tony Parker’s injury could be big…

Ghost01
    Participant

Should the Spurs still be worried about “getting old”? I wouldn’t mind having Danny Green and Kawhi as future pieces of my franchise. These guys are studs, and if LeBron doesn’t figure something out more innovative than dribbling between his legs 4 times and throwing up a long two or deep 3 eventhough Splitter or Duncan is on him, this series will be over sooner than later.

Ghost01
    Participant

Should the Spurs still be worried about “getting old”? I wouldn’t mind having Danny Green and Kawhi as future pieces of my franchise. These guys are studs, and if LeBron doesn’t figure something out more innovative than dribbling between his legs 4 times and throwing up a long two or deep 3 eventhough Splitter or Duncan is on him, this series will be over sooner than later.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login