This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Winning_Time 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    prophetmeir
    Participant

The least most talked about team in the NBA by a landslide, also are one of the most consistant teams in the NBA in terms of getting to the playoffs and have competitive teams. I dont think the front office gets the respect needed they are great drafters, even better in free agent and get the most out of there players. If James young is not taken by MY Hornets, this would add anthor great shooter to their team. They have a great coach and system, with AL next year easily top 6 in East. They can even get payton if they are thinking about trading team.

Whats there movment for next year?

juves4783
    Participant

i think they are going to grab the best available wing.  the way they like to shoot the 3, i think stauskas, harris, young, hood and mcdermott would all be good fits.  

juves4783
    Participant

i think they are going to grab the best available wing.  the way they like to shoot the 3, i think stauskas, harris, young, hood and mcdermott would all be good fits.  

gopack10
    Participant

I could see the Hawks taking T.J Warren or James Young.  They desperately need depth on the wing as they have very little coming off the bench behind Korver and Carroll.  They went to a "smallish" lineup at times last season with Lou Williams and Shelvin Mack manning the two spot at times.

Warren doesn’t have the range that Young has but he fits what the Hawks need and will definitely be there at #15.  Young would be a good fit as well and has a more upside but I like what Warren brings with his ability to get a good shot from almost anywhere on the court.  I could see him leading the second until offensively a la Jamal Crawford.

If the Hawks could land a Warren/Young in the 1st and pair that player with potentially an Avery Bradley in free agency then this team could compete with anyone in the East next year with a healthy Horford back in the post.

gopack10
    Participant

I could see the Hawks taking T.J Warren or James Young.  They desperately need depth on the wing as they have very little coming off the bench behind Korver and Carroll.  They went to a "smallish" lineup at times last season with Lou Williams and Shelvin Mack manning the two spot at times.

Warren doesn’t have the range that Young has but he fits what the Hawks need and will definitely be there at #15.  Young would be a good fit as well and has a more upside but I like what Warren brings with his ability to get a good shot from almost anywhere on the court.  I could see him leading the second until offensively a la Jamal Crawford.

If the Hawks could land a Warren/Young in the 1st and pair that player with potentially an Avery Bradley in free agency then this team could compete with anyone in the East next year with a healthy Horford back in the post.

KHAM83
    Participant

We’ll have about 13 million in cap space this Summer, and I read this morning on a Hawks both that we should pursue Heyward. He would be an upgrade to Korver. I’ll hate to overpay him, but if we offered 10 a year, Utah will match. If we did this, we would greatly improve upon our wings position assuming we draft another wing.

If we are able to shed Lou Williams, we can have enough to offer a max contract this Summer. We could be a dark horse to pursue Mello or Bron Bron. Wouldn’t hold my breath, just saying.

KHAM83
    Participant

We’ll have about 13 million in cap space this Summer, and I read this morning on a Hawks both that we should pursue Heyward. He would be an upgrade to Korver. I’ll hate to overpay him, but if we offered 10 a year, Utah will match. If we did this, we would greatly improve upon our wings position assuming we draft another wing.

If we are able to shed Lou Williams, we can have enough to offer a max contract this Summer. We could be a dark horse to pursue Mello or Bron Bron. Wouldn’t hold my breath, just saying.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

The only hole I see within this franchise is the lack of not having a SF. With the mold of the team I think Cleanthony Early would fit in very well because he is a mismatch to his regard. Early can become a stretch 4 if need be, as well as becoming a solid X-Factor from the 3. With the position they are in heading into the draft, many view this as a reach but if we’re talking fit, I do not think so.

KHAM83
      Participant

Hmmm, I think it’s a reach, but not bad enough to be negges :-/

juves4783
        Participant

the new nbadraft.net forum trend is to start every post/observation wtih: "i know i’m going to neg’d the hell out of, but…"

that sometimes will help prevent the neg’s but in the end, haters will hate.

juves4783
        Participant

the new nbadraft.net forum trend is to start every post/observation wtih: "i know i’m going to neg’d the hell out of, but…"

that sometimes will help prevent the neg’s but in the end, haters will hate.

KHAM83
      Participant

Hmmm, I think it’s a reach, but not bad enough to be negges :-/

gopack10
      Participant

At #15, Early would be a huge reach.  We would be better off trading back into the first round or trading down if he’s the guy that the Hawks want.

kobyz
        Participant

Early so underrated here, i would take him lottery…

Lotto Stud
          Participant

Both he and Payne are being criminally undervalued. Many get so caught up with the age being a factor towards the next contract. 

Lotto Stud
          Participant

Both he and Payne are being criminally undervalued. Many get so caught up with the age being a factor towards the next contract. 

kobyz
        Participant

Early so underrated here, i would take him lottery…

gopack10
      Participant

At #15, Early would be a huge reach.  We would be better off trading back into the first round or trading down if he’s the guy that the Hawks want.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

The only hole I see within this franchise is the lack of not having a SF. With the mold of the team I think Cleanthony Early would fit in very well because he is a mismatch to his regard. Early can become a stretch 4 if need be, as well as becoming a solid X-Factor from the 3. With the position they are in heading into the draft, many view this as a reach but if we’re talking fit, I do not think so.

prophetmeir
    Participant

Lou Williams wasnt even 100 percent either a huge sleeper.

prophetmeir
    Participant

Lou Williams wasnt even 100 percent either a huge sleeper.

Hitster
    Participant

Considering that Al Horford arguably their best player only made 29 games this year, the Hawks did well to make the play offs and excelled to take the strong Pacers team to 7 games.

If Al is sound next year then their starting 5 looks rock solid and they have a nice mix of youngsters and experience on the bench. They can almost take a BPA view to the draft but with Al out they were the 3rd worse rebounding team in the NBA so if we use that as their biggest need then a young big may be the best option. But they do have the rights to Brazilian 7 footer Lucas Nogueira so if he came over then that could possibly fill that need.

I’ll assume they have the option to bring Nogueira over and so I’d certainly consider Dario Saric who’d give options at 3 and 4 and with his good skillset would be a nice addition. If someone fell down the draft then Danny Ferry would likely be smart enough to grab him. Otherwise James Young and Rodney Hood look good options and both come from powerhouse colleges.

If Lucas Nogueira doesn’t come over and Ferry does look for a big then unless someone falls down the draft he could do worse than trade down for Adrian Payne or role the dice on Nurkic or Capella if they would come over. 

The Thunder’s 21st and 29th pick for 15th jumps out to be a a mutally nice deal for both teams.

Hitster
    Participant

Considering that Al Horford arguably their best player only made 29 games this year, the Hawks did well to make the play offs and excelled to take the strong Pacers team to 7 games.

If Al is sound next year then their starting 5 looks rock solid and they have a nice mix of youngsters and experience on the bench. They can almost take a BPA view to the draft but with Al out they were the 3rd worse rebounding team in the NBA so if we use that as their biggest need then a young big may be the best option. But they do have the rights to Brazilian 7 footer Lucas Nogueira so if he came over then that could possibly fill that need.

I’ll assume they have the option to bring Nogueira over and so I’d certainly consider Dario Saric who’d give options at 3 and 4 and with his good skillset would be a nice addition. If someone fell down the draft then Danny Ferry would likely be smart enough to grab him. Otherwise James Young and Rodney Hood look good options and both come from powerhouse colleges.

If Lucas Nogueira doesn’t come over and Ferry does look for a big then unless someone falls down the draft he could do worse than trade down for Adrian Payne or role the dice on Nurkic or Capella if they would come over. 

The Thunder’s 21st and 29th pick for 15th jumps out to be a a mutally nice deal for both teams.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I would take Rodney Hood or TJ Warren. Hood provides the shooting that the Hawks almost got enough of to beat the Pacers in the first round but I could see Teague and Warren meshing really well because Warren moves so well without the ball and does a lot of cuts.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I would take Rodney Hood or TJ Warren. Hood provides the shooting that the Hawks almost got enough of to beat the Pacers in the first round but I could see Teague and Warren meshing really well because Warren moves so well without the ball and does a lot of cuts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login