Your underrated member(s) of the 2015 recruiting class who you think will explode....

Pistol Pete. Th...
Pistol Pete. The Pelican's picture
Your underrated member(s) of the 2015 recruiting class who you think will explode....

They can either be underrated in recruiting or underrated on draft boards. I have 2 guys, both guards.

My first player is Perry (P.J.) Dozier. 6'6", 200 pound shooting guard/point guard. I'm alone in my thoughts, but I see a little James Harden in his game, he's suprisingly athletic, he can handle the ball and pass most definitely, he has size for the position, and he has an amazing story. He played nearly 6 years without an acl, they didn't repair it when he was in the 6th grade because they didn't want to stunt his growth, they did repair the mcl though. So he became a top prospect while playing on one acl, then they repaired before his senior year. I think he will blow up at the University of South Carolina. I think he will stay 2 years, and then be a lottery pick. He sort of looks like Caris Levert also, but I think he is more talented than Caris ever was or will.

My second player is Brandon Sampson at LSU, i've been able to watch him play for the last 4 years the kid is talented, reminds me of Jordan Clarkson, he will be overshadowed at LSU for the next year or so, behind Simmons, Blakeney, and Quarterman. But I think he will blow up, perfect for today's NBA.

Andrew1984
Mickey Mitchell, Ohio

Mickey Mitchell, Ohio State
Luke Kennard, Duke
Prince Ali, UCLA

Not much buzz on any of these guys. Kennard was outstanding at the Hoop Summit but was still overshadowed by all the stars.

Andrew1984
Prince Ali will remind you of

Prince Ali will remind you of Victor Oladipo and Mickey Mitchell will throw some passes as a 6-7 lefty that look eerily reminiscent of the recently-departed D'Angelo Russell.

DunksNJordans23
DunksNJordans23's picture
Kennard

Luke Kennard at Duke. I believe he will have a Devin Booker type of impact right out of the gate. From the looks of it he will more than likely come off the bench for a Duke team that heas nice depth at the G spots with Derryck Thorton PG, Grayson Allen at SG, Matt Jones SG/3rd starting G. So Kennard should just have to come in and have the green light all the way.

Yes, I picked a Dukie.

AdamJCalleja
AdamJCalleja's picture
Corey Sanders - Rutgers

Corey Sanders - Rutgers

ncballer
I have a mancrush on Dozier's

I have a mancrush on Dozier's game! He is a big PG and plays so smoothly. He is a triple double threat. When he gets a little meat on his bones, he can be a lot like Kyle Collinsworth from BYU, except, I think that his pro prospects are better because he has a better stroke than Kyle.

My homer pick: Kenny Williams from UNC has been turning heads in practice. He came in a bit under the radar as a VCU decommit, and falled a little outside the top 100 in some rankings, but according to my guys, he is shooting with some outrageous confidence right now and has even been beating Marcus Paige in some drills. He may not have a HUGE impact day 1, but 10 mpg and being the starting SG for the 2017 season is not out of the question from what I am hearing. He maybe limited professionally, due to lack of athleticism, but in terms of college impact, I think UNC may have gotten a steal.

Other guys that call my attention are a pair of players that are going to be going to Texas A&M and the University of Texas respectfully. Tyler Davis is college ready, and is a game changer on the boards already. Think he will be a very good college player, similar mold to Kennedy Meeks.

Tevin Mack is severely underrated in my opinion. I would have had him in the McDonalds All-American game if I had voted. Think Dez Wells. Has an excellent combination of strength, quickness and agility and he really knows how to put the ball in the hole.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
These are underrated freshman

These are underrated freshman for college basketball. All these guys should make an impact this year. Lydon is the best NBA prospect of the bunch while I expect Derrickson, Carter, and Clarke to make the biggest impacts on the court this year.

Tyler Lydon SF/PF Cuse
Traci Carter PG Marquette
Terrence Mann SG Florida St
Federico Mussini PG/SG St Johns
Marcus Derrickson PF Georgetown
Ebuka Izundu C Miami
Chris Clarke SG VA Tech

evantomes
I only saw him once, but has

I only saw him once, but has anyone seen much of Donte Divincenzo? Freshman at Villanova, good athlete, gets up quick, sent away a lot of shots at the rim at only 6'4. I saw him at the Jordan Brand Classic Regional game which isn't the best setting to evaluate but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has watched him play.

Rip256
Jonah Bolden - UCLA. Smooth

Jonah Bolden - UCLA. Smooth game as a 6'10" SG. A more NCAA-Ready version of Brandan Ingram.

And the best freshman wing defender is Deng Adel - Louisville. His floor is Shawn Marion, and ceiling is Spiderman.

Demarcus Oneal
Demarcus Oneal's picture
Allonzo Trier - Arizona

Allonzo Trier - Arizona

Dwayne Bacon - Florida State

CDPH
Freshman

First of all, I love Ray Smith's game from Arizona. He was bigtime athlete before his injury who gets to the rim with ease and really defends people. Reports out of Arizona have all been glowing saying that he's really improved his handle and shooting. He'll be fun to watch and I wouldn't be surprised if we were talking about a lottery pick.

Tyler Dorsey at Oregon is another one. He absolutely blew up during the summer showing that he's one of the most dangerous shooters/scorers in the class. People are consistently surprised by how high-level an athlete he is. He's going to make a lot of noise for the Ducks.

If we're going deeper, I've talk about how much I like Isaac Humphries before and I stand firm on that. There's no way there are 48 better prospects in this class. No way.

If we're talking about RS-Freshman too, then two guys come immediately to mind...

JaQuan Lyle at Ohio State is a player I absolutely love. I see a lot of Tyreke Evans in his game. He's a big bully combo guard with strong handles who gets to the basket and create for others. He's as much of a point guard as D'Angelo Russell was (only kind of), so I could see him flying up draft boards.

Jonah Bolden from UCLA is the last player I'd want to talk about. I can't wait to see him play at UCLA this year. All the coaches have been raving about him. At 6-9 / 6-10 he can handle and shoot the ball like a guard. I think he's an NBA small forward and a guy who's a constant match-up nightmare.

All this talk gets me excited. I can't wait for college basketball to start!

RSS: Syndicate content