This topic contains 35 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hale 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Finally here! If this were basketball, I might post this in the main forum, but this is football. Right now, the Oregon Ducks are in a position to quite possibly sign the deepest recruiting class we have ever had. We are ranked #10 by scout.com, #8 by rivals and #16 by the ignoramuses at ESPN (I have little beef with ESPN, just felt like calling them that for ranking us so low. Obviously, they have yet to get on our jocks as much as they should). We just ganked a 4 star OT/DE/TE prospect by the name of Jake Fisher, who is 6-7, 270 and seems like a complete and utter BEAST from Michigan! To snag a recruit right from the Wolverines, one who visited us just this past weekend, is HUGE. But, we may indeed have bigger plans, that come in the form of a much smaller player.

This guy is apparently good enough to be called "The Black Mamba" right in the same hood as KB24. Given the nickname by Snoop Dogg, DeAnthony Thomas has long been considered one of the best prospects in this class. Also, he has been thought to be a veritable lock for USC, even supposedly saying they were his dream school as a kid growing up. However, their had been grumblings of Thomas possibly wavering on his USC commit, as he wants to play on the offensive side of the ball rather than at corner. At 5-9, 160, he is described as an incredible athlete who could play either CB or RB at the college level. This past weekend, the Mamba made a now not so secret visit to the U of O to check out our incredible facilities. He came home decked in Duck gear and as of yesterday, took a picture with Snoop’s son in Oregon attire head to toe. USC has a history of jacking a number of our recruits (as does Lane Kiffin, from every school), and if we got arguably their top recruit, needless to say, I would be ecstatic!

So far, our class is stacked in a number of needed positions. These include O-Line, where we have some guys custom made for our system, LB, where we signed one of the best classes in the nation, I believe even ranked second on scout at said position and WR, where we signed guys with 4.4 or even sub 4.4 speed. We signed a couple of fantastic athletic QB’s, Marcus Mariota, compared to our former QB Jeremiah Masoli, only 4 inches taller and Jerrard Randall, who runs a sub 4.5 and appears to be the perfect QB for our offense. If you look at our class on scout, you will not see a single player with a 40 above 5 seconds, just showing the athleticism and speed we are aiming for on both sides of the ball. The one thing we could use more of would be help up front on defense, and we may indeed get a few commits today.

We are currently at 24, which means we could possibly receive 4 more commitments and we have some leads. Delvon Simmons, a DT who had 2 sacks during the Army All-American game, is said to be between Oregon and USC. This is a player from Pennsylvania, which is usually WAY out of our territory. Either way, he could be someone who would see possible immediate playing time at either school. A plus for our school might be that we are also one of the favorites for Delvon’s HS teammate Branden Jackson, an OLB who could possibly convert to DE. Either way, we add them, it could do wonders for our pass rush. Also, Christian Heyward is a top ranked DT who has confused recruiters as to where he may end up. Right now, it seems like he is either going to USC, Oregon or San Diego State. Another possible big grab would be Lamar Dawson, an MLB from Kentucky who is seemingly between Oregon and staying at home. I would love it if these 4 players finished our class, but we still have other possibilities. It has been long said that Marqise Lee, an athlete who might play S or WR in college, would be USC bound, likes us amongst his top choices. Word is though, he might go cross country to Miami (FL).

Well, I am very excited to see how our class rounds out, but I love the depth we have. For years, our classes have been ranked fairly low on a national scale and we have finished with much better records than our recruiting classes would indicate. 2007 was one of our best classes of all-time, many of whom played key roles on getting us to the championship. Luckily, since than, we have done what we usually do, getting amazing players for our system who were completely under the radar. Darron Thomas and LaMichael James are two such players, ranked behind a number of players they have surpassed completely with their effort this past year. Now, we might actually get a chance to see how some top rated talents fit in our system, and the results could be incredible. Our offense is fast paced, exciting and completely effective. We practice at light speed, which builds our players endurance and has led to incredible depth in our defense. Also, our facilities and amenities for our athletes, thanks to the generous donations of Nike and other alumnus donors, are state of the art. It is a great time to be a Duck, and I have all the confidence in the world that our team will be incredibly competitive next year.

As for the big picture, Oregon may indeed finish as around a top 6-12 team when today is over. The overwhelming favorite for having the best class are the FSU Seminoles. The Noles have completed reloaded across the board and have signed an incredibly talented group. Most have Texas as the runner-up, which is amazing considering the awful year they just had. None the less, Mack Brown reloaded. Auburn, coming off a National Championship, gave itself the ability to sign a monster recruiting class. They took top rated OL prospect Christian Westerman from Texas, and will look to maintain their already incredible O-Line. Alabama and Nick Saban might even have a better recruiting class when all is said and done, as they are after some major prospects yet to announce. LSU and Georgia seem to round out the SEC’s utter dominance at the top of recruiting classes. Right now, USC is also up there, as they have appealed sanctions and have the ability to sign a full class. Yes, it is garbage, but they still sign All-Americans like crazy, including total beast of a receiver George Farmer to play next to Rodney Woods, who is coming off of an awesome freshman year.

Well, I will keep people updated, but I am very excited for Oregon’s recruiting class. My brother and mom are going to a Duck signing day event, and I am sure he will relay news of future plans for our recruits. The goal is clear, we want to win a National Championship, and while we may never have the number 1 recruiting class during a signing day, we always manage to surpass expectations and may have one when all is said and done. Sleep on the Ducks at your own peril. GO DUCKS!!!!

TRC1991
    Participant

GO HUSKIES!

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Also, bit me Condrin. Huck the fuskies.

Well, Delvon Simmons signed with UNC, Branden Jackson signed with Texas Tech and of course Dawson chooses USC. Help us Black Mamba, you are our only hope! At least both of the first two signed with schools we will more than likely never play. Also, Taylor, I hope you live in Seattle man, or somewhere in Washington, or had fam that went to UW, because otherwise, you can suck on a railroad spike. I kid, but I hate Steve Sarkisian and would love us to keep killing Washington. Right now the Huskies do have a decent class though, far too decent for my liking. Big time receiver and TE recruits, ugh. Need the Mamba to shake things up, which unfortunately will not happen for another 10 hours or so, which is just AWESOME. Well, I am hoping Chip pulls some magic. Christian Heyward, you would be up for some major PT man, and you have to know Uncle Phil would take care of you. It may rain in Eugene, but it NEVER RAINS IN AUTZEN STADIUM! GO DUCKS!

Hale
    Participant

All I care about right now is where the manbeast Jadeveon Clowney goes. He is insane.

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^ Yeah. Next Julius Peppers.

Hale
    Participant

This class is not hyped at all other then him though. I can barely not 15 guys in the class. No RB’s are on another level and Witteck and Driskel are good but not great right now. De’Anthony Thomas, Cyrus Kounjido (sp?), Farmar and Clowney are the ones who really stick out and that’s about it.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

If dude goes to any school other than South Carolina, I will be incredibly surprised. But, I think we are hooking Thomas man. You never know with some of these guys though, it took Bowers a while to come into his own. Clowney is rated WAY higher than anyone else right now though. 

Hale
    Participant

Yeah you got Thomas. I love USC so that kinda sucks, but I still really like Oregon. And of course Clowney is WAY ahead of anyone. Cyrus is still very impressive though at LT. But Clowney is a freak, first pick in 3 years.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

We will wait and see. Football recruiting is a pretty inenviable task, you never know if guys will pan out as planned. I know that Jadeveon was unblockable at the HS level, but I also know that guys like Cyrus gave him a tough time during the Under Armour Game practices. I think he still killed the game, and he is so far ahead of anyone in his class it reminds me of DeQuan Bowers, who could be the first pick in the draft this year. All I am saying is, that if you go back and look at recruit rankings, it is very rare to see a prospect run wire to wire at #1. So many things can happen, it is such a brutal game that injuries could play a factor. Plus, more than any other major sport, it is incredibly hard to predict the physical development that a player will undergo once on the college level. Clowney has incredible physical tools, and looks like he can add weight, but who is to say that some other guy might not do the same thing? I had never even heard of Nick Fairley before this year, and he was projected to be an OT in college, but he just as well could go #1 too.

One thing I do know is that Oregon has constantly exceeded the rankings when it comes to recruiting classes. We have had two five star guys who have been first round picks and played well in the NFL (Ngata and Jonathan Stewart), but more than anything we seem to mold guys who were completely off the radar into solid players. Jairus Byrd, a CB for the Bills who lead the league in INT’s last year as a rookie and Patrick Chung, a killer S for the Pats, were both 2 star prospects. Here are the top 5 CB prospects in 2005: Demetrice Morley, Justin King, Jamario O’Neal, Avery Atkins and Derek Pegues. Ever heard of any of them? I knew King, but I think he was the only one who made it to the NFL. If you look through the past rankings, it is a common trend. You will see a couple names you recognize, and than a bunch you do not. Clowney seems to have tools that you rarely see from a DE, but odds are, in 3-4 years, their will be some other huge players that emerge. One thing I know is that it is much easier to predict the futures of prospects in basketball than in football.

Now, with our class, I love it on many levels, though it scares me that we did not acquire more depth on our D-Line. It could come to haunt us this year, though we still do have some guys who might step up. Offensively, we will be blazing, but we lost three major D-Lineman and some big time LB’s who we will now have to replace. Not to mention our two leading wideouts. Luckily, former 3-star RB who turned into a 5-star as an RS Freshman LaMichael James is back on the ground, and he have a ton of depth in our running game. DeAnthony Thomas and Colt Lyerla are two of the best athletes in this class, and with both set to play offense, we could create some nasty match-up problems. Our speed will match up with any team in the country at this point, we have some of the best runners from Cali and Florida. It is a very exciting time for us, and this is the deepest class we have ever had as far as talent. We will just have to wait and see whether it all pans out. Right now, Christian French, who is listed as a TE on scout, will probably play LB, while Lyerla, listed as the #4 LB, will probably play TE/WR. Both are 6-5 plus and have sub 4.6 speed, plus I have heard Lyerla has a 38 inch vert. I am very excited for Spring, but I do wish we would have at least landed one more DT prospect. Thomas was a nice get, but USC did beat us to a few guys who might have really helped, particularily Christian Heyward. Still have no idea how they can have 30 players, but it is their perogative. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to what we bring next year, and have a lot of confidence in Chip to know how to best use our very talented class.

Hale
    Participant

Yes, that was pretty premature of me to say he’ll be number one. I’m just at a lack for words when it comes to how impressed I am with him. He is fairly similar to Bowers as you stated as well. Also everyone thought Terrelle Pryor would be the number one pick 3 years ago and he would go 3rd-4th round if he came out today, I get your point.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Man, I still have faith in that guy. Is it me, or is he not every bit the athlete that Cam Newton is? Cam may be slightly stronger and had a much better season between the two of them, but their O-Line was unbelievable. I know Ohio State is the O-Line university, but I have a feeling Auburn’s was head and shoulders above everyone last year. But, as someone who saw Pryor and Newton beat us in bowls, live, I came away much more impressed with TP. Both have amazing athletic tools, Cam just really put a great season together while Terrelle has yet too. Clowney does seem to be WAY better than anyone right now though, and I do always love seeing that dominant guy out there, and if anyone could do it, it would be Clowney. 

Hale
    Participant

"Man, I still have faith in that guy. Is it me, or is he not every bit the athlete that Cam Newton is? Cam may be slightly stronger and had a much better season between the two of them, but their O-Line was unbelievable. I know Ohio State is the O-Line university, but I have a feeling Auburn’s was head and shoulders above everyone last year."

I’m a huge Pryor fan, he has just left me disappointed so far. I hope he lights it up next year. Also he is a much better athlete then Newton. Newton runs a 4.5-4.6 and Pryor runs a low 4.3.

"Clowney does seem to be WAY better than anyone right now though, and I do always love seeing that dominant guy out there, and if anyone could do it, it would be Clowney."

Agree. I hope he turns into the special player he has the potential to be.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I am not sure about the whole "low 4.3" thing, because that is in Michael Vick territory, but I do think he is a slightly more fluid runner than Cam. 40 times are really hard to trust unless they are at a combine or something, because they are usually exaggerated. The closest 40 time I can get for Vick is about the 4.36 he ran as a rookie, and that sounds about right. Regardless, the fastest 40 ever clocked at the NFL combine was 4.24 (Chris Johnson and Randall Melendez). Basically, anything sub 4.4 is ridiculously fast. My guess is with Pryor’s added bulk from college, he is around a 4.5 while Newton is somewhere in the 4.6 range. One thing I know is that Michael Vick is the fastest QB by far, and there is little way he runs a sub 4.3 currently, though sub 4.4 is possible.

I saw that TP was clocked at 4.33-4.37 a couple years ago, but I would be shocked if he was timed anywhere near there at the combine. It would be faster than Pat White (former West Virginia and Miami Dolphin speedster) by .2 seconds. Vince Young ran a 4.58 in 2006 for the draft combine in Texas on what was considered a "fast track". To me, Pryor might be faster than that, but I doubt Cam is. Either way, while both are mobile QB’s, Pryor definitely needs to work on his accuracy. Either way, both will have to change their game drastically for the NFL. TP impressed me much more than Cam as an athlete, but his passing needs considerable work. Even so, I feel he has a chance to be drafted very high since he has an incredible combination of athleticism and size for a QB.

llperez

did the bruins get anyone that could be a stud?

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

They got a good QB prospect, but quite honestly, their class was awful. Up until a few days before signing day, they had only 9 guys (a normal class is about 20-24 in football). I really tend to like UCLA basketball, but I can not back the football team with Rick Neuheisel as coach. Just can’t do it. Their class came in ranked below 50th in the nation, and beyond the very good QB prospect Brett Hundley, they really got no one too major. They got one DT prospect we were looking at named Kevin McReynolds who looks pretty good and a decent receiver, but they filled the class up with a lot of no names. UCLA football is not looking very strong right now. But, you can at least be happy that Oregon stole USC’s biggest recruit!

By the way, I know you live in LA, but did you go to UCLA? Just wondered why you were such a big fan, and very much understand being the die hard fan of a school.

WizardofOz
    Participant

Pryor is faster then Newton. Newton is stronger and more talented though.

I expect Newton to run a 4.5-sumthin, and Pryor to run a 4.4.

Hale
    Participant

Yeah he ran the 4.33 and was the fastest player on Ohio State before his sophomore year I believe. I think at the combine he runs a very low 4.4 still. He has only gained about 10-15 pounds since HS so it shouldn’t hinder him all too much.

"TP impressed me much more than Cam as an athlete, but his passing needs considerable work. Even so, I feel he has a chance to be drafted very high since he has an incredible combination of athleticism and size for a QB."

100% agree.

llperez

@mikeyvthedaon, thanks for the info. Im not big into college football so it doesnt bother me if the team struggles much. I like oregon football so i hope to see them do well and im defenitely glad they stole usc’s recruit. I like usc even less now that lane kiffin there who i cant stand. And no i did not go to ucla, just being from the los angeles area and being a basketball fan i grew to like them back when ed obannon led them to the title.

Hale
    Participant

I hate Lane Kiffin but I really like USC football, but I like Oregon a lot too. De’Anthony Thomas is really good, so as long as he sees the field I’ll be happy. Other then UCLA what college teams do you like?

Hale
    Participant

"Pryor is faster then Newton. Newton is stronger and more talented though.

I expect Newton to run a 4.5-sumthin, and Pryor to run a 4.4."

I disagree with more talented but I agree with the rest. Pryor has just as much arm strength as Cam if not more and he has played in much more NFL oriented offense the Newton.

llperez

yupyup, im a pac 10 homer so i basically root for whatever pac 10 team is playing well and has a chance at the national championship. Ill even pull for usc if ucla is out of the picture.

Hale
    Participant

Well the Pac 10 has the best QB in the nation so you always have him to root for next year no matter what haha. Actually they have 2 of the top 3 QB prospects in the nation, arguably the top 2.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

So much for calling Darron Thomas the best QB in the nation, we are so flattered! Most people would say Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley, but I am glad you see the light yupyup! I am being semi-sarcastic, but cheer for us over those bozos. Besides, DT beat both of them this year, and even with throwing 2 picks against Auburn also throw a couple TD’s and 353 yeards on 68% passing. In comparison, Cam had about 100 less yards throwing, a pick, a fumble and 58% passing. Sure, Cam ran more, but he averaged 2.9 yards per carry and had no Nick Fairley breathing down his throat being all unblockable like. Nonetheless, I like most Pac-10 teams (leave off OSU, both Washington schools, but even than I will usually cheer for at least the Washington schools in their bowls), but I seriously hope we win it again next year. Luck and Barkley will more than likely be fighting for first pick in the draft, Luck is not a lock, remember what happened to Matt Leinart. Still, DT is a much better athlete than either of them, and they are both solid athletes, particularly Luck. He also has balls of steal and came back from a 21-0 deficit to beat Stanford, he is mad underrated if you ask me. He is slight, plus we play a very college oriented offense, but the kid is a major gamer.

As for Lane Kiffin, he can kiss the fattest part of my @ss. Not a big fan, loved putting up 53 on him and LaMike running for 257. He has yet to prove he is a big time head coach, and while he has seemingly recruited like a mug, Chip Kelly has torched SC the past two years with two 50 pointers in a row. LaMike ran for 183 the year before, so, good luck stop him, Kenjon Barner, Lache Seastrunk, Dontae Williams and DeAnthony Thomas. My guess, that dude is going to wish he had that kid playing RB for his school. I am mad hyped for next year, and while I know USC and Stanford are going to be incredibly tough again, we have just as many fantastic returnees as they do. I will say this, I believe that ESPN and all these other sites are insane if they do not think Chip Kelly is the best coach in college football. We never got an amazing JUCO QB to drop into our laps, we are working with guys who these sites write off, and we go 12-1, losing by 3 points to a team full of kids from Bama? We showed we belonged, and we are starving for more. DUCKS 2012 man! Say you are riding with us! 

llperez

off topic a little but here is one reason why i hate lane kiffin,

back when he coached the raiders, there was less then a minute in the first half of a game and the raiders were on their own 30. Kiffin decided to sit on the ball and go to halftime. After that game, al davis called out kiffin publicly saying they should have tried to move the ball and get sebastian janikowski into fg range. SO the very next week the exact same situation comes up at the end of the first half and lane sends janikowski out there to attempt a 74 yard fg at the end of the half. Everyone knew that was his way of saying F U to al davis. He puts his own selfishness before the team and he will always be that way.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Just for fun, before Spring practice, here are some Duck names you should get accustomed with in our line-up next year.

Offense

QB Darron Thomas back-up: Bryan Bennett, Darryle Hawkins

RB LaMichael James (Pac-10 record breaker, most rush yards as a freshman, most yards as a sophomore, 2010 national NCAA rushing leader, 3rd in Heisman voting, over 230 yards versus Stanford and USC) back-ups: Kenjon Barner (do it all, he is also a great receiving and special teams threat), Lache Seastrunk (5 star prospect), DeAnthony "The Quack Mamba" Thomas, Dontae Williams

WR Lavasier Tuinei (6’6 Samoan master possession dude), Colt Lyerla (Incredible freshman athlete), Eric Dungy (Yeah, we have Tony Dungy’s son, booya!)

WR Josh Huff (significant playing time), Justin Hoffman, Keanon Lowe

WR Devon Blackmon, Tacoi Sumler, Rahsaan Vaughn (plus look at DeAnthony Thomas out of the slot quite often) 

TE David Paulson (currently 3rd on Mel Kipers top TE’s for 2012 Draft), Brandon Williams, Curtis White (5 star prospect)

OT Darrion Weems (Played a lot), Nick Rowland

OG Carson York (Returning Starter)

C Nick Rowland

OG Mark Asper (Returning Starter)

OT Nick Cody, Everett Benyard

Defense

DE Dion Jordan (converted TE, monster), Brandon Hanna

DT Isaac Remington, Ricky Heimuli

DT Wade Keliikipi, Taylor Hart

DE Terrell Turner (Returning Starter), Tony Washington

OLB Michael Clay, Blake Thompson

MLB Kiko Alonso, DeWitt Stuckey

OLB Josh Kaddu (Returning Starter), Boseko Lokombo 

CB Cliff Harris (Returner of the Year, complete and utter monster), Terrence Mitchell, Dior Mathis (fast as a bullet)

CB Anthony Gildon, Avery Patterson

FS John Boyett (Returning Starter), Brian Jackson

ROV Eddie Pleasant (Returning Starter), Maurice Davis (Texas Transfer)

KR: Josh Huff, DeAnthony Thomas, Lache Seastrunk, Dior Mathis, Devon Blackmon, Cliff Harris

PR: Cliff Harris, Kenjon Barner, DeAnthony Thomas, Lache Seastrunk, Dior Mathis

(So many weapons, incredible. Harris was our back-up returner and scored 4 return TD’s. Barner is incredible on returns, and this leaves out LaMichael James, who in his own right could probably be an amazing return specialist)

Hale
    Participant

Darron Thomas is really good too. But Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones will probably all go top ten barring something drastic.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

In the draft, but, he has just as nice a shot at the Heisman trophy.
    Meanwhile, I have been given incredible information, all within this link:
    http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Is-Jadeveon-Clowney-visiting-Oregon-14201

Yes, Jadeveon Clowney might visit Oregon! WHAT!? That would be the biggest recruit in our schools history, including Haloti Ngata and Jonathan Stewart. I know, take this with a grain of salt, but we did land DeAnthony Thomas, didn’t we? I would be speaking in tongues and running through the streets with Clowney. He would start right away and in my opinion, be on a potentially National Championship winning programs with the best football practice facilities in the US of A. Nike money baby! Uncle Phil, you may have done it again! I still think this is a sick joke and Clowney will sign with South Carolina likely, or maybe Alabama, but if not, WAHOO! We do have scholarships available, and as I said, the best coach in the nation! Duck fan than yupyup? 🙂

Hale
    Participant

Haha if Clowney signs Oregon would be my favorite team for the next 3 years. Thomas does have a better shot at Heisman than Barkley for sure too.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Some of his senior highlights, playing DE/DT and even RB. We signed a guy in Lyerla who is sort of like him athletically, but he will probably play offense. Clowney is so freaking fast, it is ridiculous. The first play of him chasing down an RB is out of control. Indeed, the dude looks like a baller. Crossing my fingers big time that he sees our campus and falls in love. GO DUCKS!

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Some of his senior highlights, playing DE/DT and even RB. We signed a guy in Lyerla who is sort of like him athletically, but he will probably play offense. Clowney is so freaking fast, it is ridiculous. The first play of him chasing down an RB is out of control. Indeed, the dude looks like a baller. Crossing my fingers big time that he sees our campus and falls in love. GO DUCKS!

Hale
    Participant

Yeah I saw the highlight reel and was instantly hooked. He is in the backfield almost every play before the QB has dropped back a step. Also he had like 162 tackles 29.5 sacks, I don’t care if it’s high school that is damn impressive.

Hale
    Participant

Yeah I saw the highlight reel and was instantly hooked. He is in the backfield almost every play before the QB has dropped back a step. Also he had like 162 tackles 29.5 sacks, I don’t care if it’s high school that is damn impressive.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

The lack of suspense is over and Jadeveon Clowney signed with South Carolina. Honestly, I do not think anyone saw this coming. Seriously though, are you going to be a Gamecock fan now yupyup? I had a friend in HS who bought the hat just because it said "COCKS", but I just have never been a fan, even with the hilarious name. I tend to dislike Spurrier greatly, and as awesome as Alshon Jeffery and Marcus Lattimore may be, I do not see them being a championship team. They always seem to lose a couple games every year, and while they no doubt have attracted amazing recruits, so have all the other SEC schools. Even with Clowney, the other SEC schools have deeper recruiting classes. Not to mention, they ran the hell out of Lattimore last year, I hope he is alright for this year, but it is crazy to run a true freshman as much as they did. Maybe it is sour grapes, but Clemson and South Carolina always seem to have amazing recruits and still never really make it to the big time. All the Carolina’s really, if you include UNC, who had a team full of NFL talent and way underachieved. Maybe it is sour grapes for taking some big time recruits from us, but I still like our team much better than any of those schools despite their big recruiting grabs. Must be the coach 🙂 People will learn Chip Kelly is the real deal if you want to rock college football. Plus, playing fast paced only helps you in the pros.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

The lack of suspense is over and Jadeveon Clowney signed with South Carolina. Honestly, I do not think anyone saw this coming. Seriously though, are you going to be a Gamecock fan now yupyup? I had a friend in HS who bought the hat just because it said "COCKS", but I just have never been a fan, even with the hilarious name. I tend to dislike Spurrier greatly, and as awesome as Alshon Jeffery and Marcus Lattimore may be, I do not see them being a championship team. They always seem to lose a couple games every year, and while they no doubt have attracted amazing recruits, so have all the other SEC schools. Even with Clowney, the other SEC schools have deeper recruiting classes. Not to mention, they ran the hell out of Lattimore last year, I hope he is alright for this year, but it is crazy to run a true freshman as much as they did. Maybe it is sour grapes, but Clemson and South Carolina always seem to have amazing recruits and still never really make it to the big time. All the Carolina’s really, if you include UNC, who had a team full of NFL talent and way underachieved. Maybe it is sour grapes for taking some big time recruits from us, but I still like our team much better than any of those schools despite their big recruiting grabs. Must be the coach 🙂 People will learn Chip Kelly is the real deal if you want to rock college football. Plus, playing fast paced only helps you in the pros.

Hale
    Participant

I will definitely pay attention to South Carolina now, but I’ll stick with USC/Oregon/Texas/VT for my few favorites. College football is the only sport I don’t have a true favorite team in. But Clowney and Lattimore I’m big fans of so I’ll check up on them quite a bit.

Hale
    Participant

I will definitely pay attention to South Carolina now, but I’ll stick with USC/Oregon/Texas/VT for my few favorites. College football is the only sport I don’t have a true favorite team in. But Clowney and Lattimore I’m big fans of so I’ll check up on them quite a bit.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login