This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mikeyvthedon 12 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    Brxa
    Participant

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/84995

I’ve also heard his buyout now will be $2.5 mil.

How does this affect his draft position?

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Probably means he may be taken lower, and it more than likely means that whatever teams drafts him has to wait at least a couple years before he comes to the league. Nonetheless, he is still only 20 years old, and more than likely could use a couple years of seasoning under his belt before becoming an NBA contributor. By the time his contract would end, he would be 25 or so, though I have a feeling he comes to the NBA in the 22-24 range. Again, with these contracts it is difficult to know exactly how much the buyout is, and there usually tend to be clauses that allow players to leave for the NBA at a certain point, much like the one we constantly heard about with Rubio. My guess is that while Mirotic has had a great year in Euroleague, that he is still is around a mid to late first round pick, probably now slotted for a team that can wait for him to come over in the late first. He is a great shooter for his size, though I feel if you want him as a PF, you are cooked. See his future as more than likely being a perimeter guy, and think he will struggle mightily on defense.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login