This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar GBee 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Spaceghost
    Participant

Rivals Had Skal # 1 ahead of BEN SIMMONS..which I know is a mistake.. Example of  other Mistakes in my Opinion:

How is Diamond Stone ranked over Ivan Rabb

WHY was Chase Jeter#16 ranked at all..Cant get any mins with Amile Jefferson Hurt and playing behind Sgt Plumlee..

What Happened to Malik Newman# 8

Last one (s):  Keelon #54  and Dedric Lawson #33 – Watching Memphis basketball is painful.. No one on the team cares to make a pass. And Dedric heads that list..Never ever ever passes..Make it worst their dad is on the Coaching Staff and i have watched him literally only coach his sons.. Cmon Josh Pastner..

Any Thoughts?

ncballer

Dave Telep was the gold standard for scouting high school talent.  Since he left scout.com and took the job with the Spurs, it is hard for me to understand or trust a lot of rankings.  I questioned Jeter for a while after seeing him play a few times and don’t understand where the hype came from.  

ncballer

Dave Telep was the gold standard for scouting high school talent.  Since he left scout.com and took the job with the Spurs, it is hard for me to understand or trust a lot of rankings.  I questioned Jeter for a while after seeing him play a few times and don’t understand where the hype came from.  

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

Rivals is the same sight that had Josh Selby and B.J Mullens ranked number one in their respective classes. What more do you need to know?

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

Rivals is the same sight that had Josh Selby and B.J Mullens ranked number one in their respective classes. What more do you need to know?

GBee
    Participant

Ranking in HS is all about momentum.  It’s not about projection or translation.  It’s more of a "what have you shown me lately" situation then people care to admit.  Also, with weak classes there are bound to be more "mistakes."  This class is weak.  Forget Rivals, the composite rankings aren’t that much more accurate, at least for what the kids have shown so far.

As an aside, yes, the Lawson family is incredibly overrated.  Watching them in HS was awful to see.  Self serving bunch they are.  Tons of bad habits and their father is there to reinforce those every step of the way.

GBee
    Participant

Ranking in HS is all about momentum.  It’s not about projection or translation.  It’s more of a "what have you shown me lately" situation then people care to admit.  Also, with weak classes there are bound to be more "mistakes."  This class is weak.  Forget Rivals, the composite rankings aren’t that much more accurate, at least for what the kids have shown so far.

As an aside, yes, the Lawson family is incredibly overrated.  Watching them in HS was awful to see.  Self serving bunch they are.  Tons of bad habits and their father is there to reinforce those every step of the way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login