Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA

Cochise
Cochise's picture
Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA

“The question is what are we talking about, honestly. I mean I have a check being written to me from the University of North Carolina for over $10 million due to the exploitation of me as a player and the lack of education that I received. The NCAA has a check for me for over $300 million to help me facilitate these sports education programs across the country. These are things that’s in the works.” -Rashad McCants

mixtape2003
mixtape2003's picture
Is he on drugs or something

Is he on drugs or something lol, can you post a link to wear you read this?

Cochise
Cochise's picture
ncballer
The thing about liars is the

The thing about liars is the more they talk, the more the truth comes out. He made this claim while saying UNC never contacted him. As a Tar Heel fan I hope he keeps talking.

Cochise
Cochise's picture
What kills me is the fact he

What kills me is the fact he is playing the role of the victimized student athlete. Dude you were a young adult at the time. If something was wrong why didn't you feel the need to speak up then.

TarHeelRaven
TarHeelRaven's picture
What Rashad McCants is doing

What Rashad McCants is doing right now is absolutely baffling to me. I loved the 2005 team. McCants, Felton, May, Jackie Manuel, Melvin Scott, Jawad Williams, all brought Roy his first national title and first back to Chapel Hill since 1993 when Dean Smith was at the helm. Roy obviously didn't recruit Rashad, he was leftover from the Doherty debacle after he left in 2003. McCants was an all-american in 2004 in Williams first year. In 2005, UNC had the most talent in the country and the key was getting Rashad to expand his game and to become more of a team player. As a die hard UNC fan, I obviously got the 2005 national champions DVD and McCants spoke glowingly about Roy in it. He talked about how great of a coaching job he did and how he brought a bunch of talented individulas together to make a great team. Now we all know about McCants after UNC. Drafting by the Timberwolves, was okay, bounced around and then was out of the league playing overseas. I obviously don't know about inside details of the 2005 team, but it seems like Roy vouched for McCants on many occasions. He became more of a team guy and was a vital part of their success that year. The things McCants have said about the academics very well could be true. That is to by UNC and the NCAA for being being exploited 10 years after the fact? I'm stunned McCants thinks he can get any money. He is bipolar, has a chemical imbalance and might be off his meds now. Of course this is a guess, but he has some serious serious issues. As I said, he could be completely right about his academics during his time in Chapel Hill. My guess is that he is broke, and sees an aopportunity to get back at UNC for a failed basketball career and is very angry. it's very scary and quite sad. UNC gave him an opportunity to play ball. he cannot blame his failed basketball career on Roy and UNC.

JCliff24
I find it ironic that "Born

I find it ironic that "Born to be hated, Dying to be loved" is tatted on the inside of Mccants arms. This dude needs to stop crying out for attention and accept the fact he missed his opportunity. He misses the spotlight.

SeattleSuperChronics
SeattleSuperChronics's picture
You choose to go to class or

You choose to go to class or not. If anything North Carolina did him a favor and gave him the opportunity to play in the nba. Where he went on to be called on of the worst teammates people have ever had. He had all the talent in the world to still be relavent in the nba today but it's not a surprise he is no longer in the league.

ncballer
The dude was lethal. The guy

The dude was lethal. The guy in college had dominated the likes of Ben Gordon, JJ Redick, etc. I have no doubt that had he just kept his head on straight he would be a top 10 SG in the league right now. There are guys in the NBA that possess about 1/10th of the talent Rashad has. It is telling when you get released from teams overseas after averaging 25-26 PPG. Kelvin Sampson cut him from the U-21 USA team due to attitude problems and treating everyone like crap. Sampson said he was far and away the best player there too. That team's PG was Chris Paul...

barbabodom
This season he averaged 11.9

This season he averaged 11.9 ppg in the Brazilian League before being released, because "poor work ethic"

TarHeelRaven
TarHeelRaven's picture
At least he'll always be

At least he'll always be sorta famous for dating one of the Kardashians...

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
Lamar Odom has that

Lamar Odom has that title...Rashad did it before Ray-J made it cool...but it was also with the worse of the trio so double L's

SeattleSuperChronics
SeattleSuperChronics's picture
If he treated his teammates

If he treated his teammates that bad I can't imagine how he treated that sloot..

Edgecat20
He does not deserve a penny.

He does not deserve a penny. As stated above he chose not to go to class. If really wanted an education and took legitimate classes he could have got one. Why not just go back to school and not make a big deal about it. Do you think UNC would charge him for a course? No. Even with not getting one as he says, his three years were most likely the best years of his life. Being a star at UNC, winning national championships. Life is good. And UNC helped him get to the NBA and later other proffessional organizations where made a nice amount of money. I can't believe someone would exploit their teammates like that.

What a loser.

Grandmama
Grandmama's picture
He shouldn't be given a

He shouldn't be given a single penny, and should be forced to where a sticker on his shirt for the rest of his life that reads "I'm an absolute fool". I mean seriously, how dumb is this guy? Pathetic

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
The world where Rashad

The world where Rashad Mccants can potentially make $300 million dollars for whining. Sounds like la la land. Dont do drugs kids.

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
I wonder if he has Tyler

I wonder if he has Tyler Hansbrough reading these contracts.

DolanCare
DolanCare's picture
You're killin me right now.

You're killin me right now.

RSS: Syndicate content