This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar cjw 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Theres tons of depth for the PF-C position in this years draft that is getting overshadowed by the top end talent in the early lottery. A team in the 1st round looking for a qaulity big could land a very decent player. To think Toronto maybe able to land a player like Jonathon Motley is very interesting. Now we may not see guys like Bolden, Williams, Allen, Bradley enter the draft but the potential is deep. How would you rank these guys. Where do you put Giles, Hartenstein, and Swanigan?

Heres a soft list kind of in order but not really.

Markannen, Isaac, Giles, Rabb, Leaf, Motley, Swanigan, Hartenstein, Adebayo, Bradley, Allen, Williams, Bryant, John Collins, Zach Collins, Bolden, Oliver, Kingsley.

negguary
    Participant

of this list, how many of those guys are better than jahlil okafor, or have more potential? 

OhCanada-
      Participant

Come on man. Why does everything have to be about Jahlil Okafor. Jesus Christ.

negguary
        Participant

I thought this was a forum for open dialogue in regards to the draft. Because I’m not familiar with any of these big men outside of rabb I asked to see the talent level of the big men in this draft. If you don’t know say you don’t know but to get like that over a question come on 

negguary
        Participant

is I was actually going to commend you for keeping the content and discussions going on the forum these last couple of days…. 

OhCanada-
          Participant

I think it sounds worse reading it on a forum Im not really upset per say. If we were in a room next to eachother and I said that you would probally just laugh.

I personally I would rather have Jah then any of these players aside from Markannen and Isaac. But with the while todays NBA thing his skills arent really tailored to fit most teams styles so he isnt covetted. Still think he has an outstanding low post game that would be effective in any NBA era.

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

In terms of long-term NBA potential (in order)

Isaac, Giles, Allen, Markkanen, Hartenstein, Rabb, Leaf, Motley, Adebayo, Swanigan

Not convinced Bolden, J. Collins or Bryant will enter this year.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I think Giles is the only one that has all-star potential but he is an injury risk.

The 17 draft looks good from 1-10, then 11-20 doesn’t look great, prob get 2 or 3 busts in the 11-20 range.

Having said that I am sure there will be an international or two that will rise up the draft boards before June

BallerScript
    Participant

Justin Patton has great long term starter potential. 

binet
    Participant

My top 6: Isaac, Hartenstein, Giles, Markannen, Leaf, Patton in that order. No other will go in the lottery. 

I am not really sure for the others, lots of them are going to return. I think Swanigan is underrated right now. 

I think Bolden goes undrafted if he declares this year. He is not able to contribute at the college level. He has to develop even to contribute in the D-league. I understand size and upside but come on.

machu46
    Participant

No mention of Tyler Lydon?

cjw
    Participant

Isaac- absurd potential once he adds muscle could become a great 2 way player

Patton- great length, and good footwork for a 7 footer

Swanigan- elite rebounding will translate to the nba aswell as his jumper, zbo potential 

Giles- has shown rebounding skills and has crazy potential when healthy 

Markkenan- should be a solid stretch 4 for many years

Lydon- stretches the floor and impacts the game in many ways

never seen hartenstein so can’t rank him

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login