This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar hoopscop 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Apparently LeBron, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, and so forth are all going to have career ending injuries after this season…..

goldie92689
      Participant

The “A” Team doesn’t play in the world championships.

goldie92689
      Participant

The “A” Team doesn’t play in the world championships.

Darius22
      Participant

They won’t play in 2014 your thinking of 2016

CameronCrazy11
        Participant

Ah very true

CameronCrazy11
        Participant

Ah very true

Darius22
      Participant

They won’t play in 2014 your thinking of 2016

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Apparently LeBron, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, and so forth are all going to have career ending injuries after this season…..

Darius22
    Participant

Starters
    G John Wall (Will play more off guard like Westbrook did)
    G Kyrie Irving
    F Paul George
    F Anthony Davis
    C Demarcus Cousins
    Bench
    Damian Lillard
    Jrue Holiday
    Kawhi Leonard
    Kenneth Faried
    Andre Drummond (I think he beats out Monroe and Favors)
    Klay Thompson (Shooter)
    Ryan Anderson (Shooter)

Rigelz
    Participant

may be an interesting alternative team if other players (KD, Lebron, Melo and so on) refuse to play. I think you could find something better than Faried and Anderson. This team is intriguing but it lacks experience and therefore i would not be so sure they can get the gold medal …

Darius22
      Participant

Non of those players are playing in 2014

Darius22
      Participant

Non of those players are playing in 2014

Rigelz
    Participant

may be an interesting alternative team if other players (KD, Lebron, Melo and so on) refuse to play. I think you could find something better than Faried and Anderson. This team is intriguing but it lacks experience and therefore i would not be so sure they can get the gold medal …

Darius22
    Participant

Here’s the list of the 27 players competing for a spot

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/

Darius22
    Participant

Here’s the list of the 27 players competing for a spot

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/

franfran
    Participant

USA TEAM 2014

PG: John Wall
    SG: James Harden
    SF: Paul George
    PF: Derrick Favors
    C: Anthony Davis

6: Damian Lillard ( or Kyrie Irving if he’s not play with Australia )
    7: Kahwi Leonard
    8: Harrison Barnes
    9: Andre Drummond
    10: Bradley Beal
    11: Mike Conley
    12: DeMar DeRozan

Darius22
      Participant

I dont think James Harden is playing but I may have missed his name

Darius22
      Participant

I dont think James Harden is playing but I may have missed his name

franfran
    Participant

USA TEAM 2014

PG: John Wall
    SG: James Harden
    SF: Paul George
    PF: Derrick Favors
    C: Anthony Davis

6: Damian Lillard ( or Kyrie Irving if he’s not play with Australia )
    7: Kahwi Leonard
    8: Harrison Barnes
    9: Andre Drummond
    10: Bradley Beal
    11: Mike Conley
    12: DeMar DeRozan

DipoTime
    Participant

PG: Kyrie Irving-Think he is the best and most clutch scorer on the whole team.
    SG: James Harden-Clear cut best shooting guard available. If Kyrie is best scorer then Harden is right behind him.
    SF: Paul George-Possibly the best all around player on the team.
    PF: Anthony Davis-Struggled with injuries during rookie season but showed flashes. Experience with the Olympic team will help him.
    C: DeMarcus Cousins-Most skilled big man. Athletic and skilled enough for the international game.

Reserves
    PG: John Wall-If he uses his speed to wreak havoc on defense then he could get big minutes.
    PG: Mike Conley-Most people would choose Lillard, but Conley brings more defense and leadership off the bench.
    SG: Klay Thompson-With all the talent on the team and the international line being closer, Klay will light it up.
    SF: Kawhi Leonard-Defensive pest that is versatile enough to guard 4 positions.
    SF: Harrison Barnes-His size and scoring abilities will allow him to play 2-4 comfortably at both ends.
    PF: Greg Monroe-May seem too slow or unathletic for this style of play, but his size and passing ability will help.
    C: Andre Drummond-Size, athleticism, and shot blocking ability will be huge off the bench.

I may have left off some guys, but I feel like this would be the most complete team top to bottom

Edit: Now that I actually look at the players available lol.. Harden isn’t playing. I would start Thompson and bring Beal off the bench for extra shooting.

DipoTime
    Participant

PG: Kyrie Irving-Think he is the best and most clutch scorer on the whole team.
    SG: James Harden-Clear cut best shooting guard available. If Kyrie is best scorer then Harden is right behind him.
    SF: Paul George-Possibly the best all around player on the team.
    PF: Anthony Davis-Struggled with injuries during rookie season but showed flashes. Experience with the Olympic team will help him.
    C: DeMarcus Cousins-Most skilled big man. Athletic and skilled enough for the international game.

Reserves
    PG: John Wall-If he uses his speed to wreak havoc on defense then he could get big minutes.
    PG: Mike Conley-Most people would choose Lillard, but Conley brings more defense and leadership off the bench.
    SG: Klay Thompson-With all the talent on the team and the international line being closer, Klay will light it up.
    SF: Kawhi Leonard-Defensive pest that is versatile enough to guard 4 positions.
    SF: Harrison Barnes-His size and scoring abilities will allow him to play 2-4 comfortably at both ends.
    PF: Greg Monroe-May seem too slow or unathletic for this style of play, but his size and passing ability will help.
    C: Andre Drummond-Size, athleticism, and shot blocking ability will be huge off the bench.

I may have left off some guys, but I feel like this would be the most complete team top to bottom

Edit: Now that I actually look at the players available lol.. Harden isn’t playing. I would start Thompson and bring Beal off the bench for extra shooting.

ballaj334
    Participant

Steph Curry is without a doubt on this team, the euro style fits his game perfectly. How is he left off these lists?

ballaj334
    Participant

Steph Curry is without a doubt on this team, the euro style fits his game perfectly. How is he left off these lists?

hoopscop
    Participant

To make it clear, the 27 guys coming to LV are competing to get in the pool of 25-30 players that Jerry Colangelo will choose of 2014-16. This pool will consist of Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez……
    As for 2014 there will be a lot of the A type guys, not like 2010.

hoopscop
    Participant

To make it clear, the 27 guys coming to LV are competing to get in the pool of 25-30 players that Jerry Colangelo will choose of 2014-16. This pool will consist of Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge, Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez……
    As for 2014 there will be a lot of the A type guys, not like 2010.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login