This topic contains 44 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar surve 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Western Conference

• Stephen Curry
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Kevin Durant
    • Blake Griffin
    • Kevin Love

Eastern Conference

• Kyrie Irving
    • Dwyane Wade
    • Paul George
    • Carmelo Anthony
    • LeBron James

What do you guys think?

bennydabull
    Participant

Fans vote for NBA All Star Starters AKA NBA Popularity Contest

bennydabull
    Participant

Fans vote for NBA All Star Starters AKA NBA Popularity Contest

Participant

That’s absolutely the case and always has been. The one positive is that the coaches get to pick a higher number of players for each team. If the coaches didn’t get to pick the bench then the all star voting would be insane. If the fans picked the whole team you’d get players like Yi Jianlian making the all star teams multiple years.

MUbballfan
        Participant

That would be a huge disaster.

MUbballfan
        Participant

That would be a huge disaster.

Ahkasi Clay
        Participant

its ok for kobe to be voted in but not a popular world figure like yi, or jeramy? lin has beter stats then kobe this year!

Ahkasi Clay
        Participant

its ok for kobe to be voted in but not a popular world figure like yi, or jeramy? lin has beter stats then kobe this year!

Participant

That’s absolutely the case and always has been. The one positive is that the coaches get to pick a higher number of players for each team. If the coaches didn’t get to pick the bench then the all star voting would be insane. If the fans picked the whole team you’d get players like Yi Jianlian making the all star teams multiple years.

joecheck88
    Participant

Who replaces Kobe? 

joecheck88
    Participant

Who replaces Kobe? 

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

I’m going to guess Harden or CP3

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

I’m going to guess Harden or CP3

Scrooge McDuck
        Participant

Chris Paul is injured, too

Scrooge McDuck
        Participant

Chris Paul is injured, too

Tongue-Out-Like-23
          Participant

Yeah but he might be back by then

Tongue-Out-Like-23
          Participant

Yeah but he might be back by then

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I’m not surprised Kevin Love was voted over Howard even though Howard is winning.

Laker fans, as well as many NBA fans, dislike Howard and they figured they’d rather see Love as the starter than Howard.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I’m not surprised Kevin Love was voted over Howard even though Howard is winning.

Laker fans, as well as many NBA fans, dislike Howard and they figured they’d rather see Love as the starter than Howard.

Hitster
    Participant

Kobe says he might do a cameo in one news feed and then in another it says he may skip the game, I wonder if the NBA would have him there for just a short stint or maybe give a younger player an All Star nod if we assume they will move CP3 or Harden into the starters.

Hitster
    Participant

Kobe says he might do a cameo in one news feed and then in another it says he may skip the game, I wonder if the NBA would have him there for just a short stint or maybe give a younger player an All Star nod if we assume they will move CP3 or Harden into the starters.

Afactor4
    Participant

Boy the NBA Centers crop is WEAK

Afactor4
    Participant

Boy the NBA Centers crop is WEAK

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

LaMarcus Aldridge not being a starter this year is ridiculous, and John Wall has probably had the best season of any guard in the East too. His stats are better overall than Kyrie’s and his team is better too.

machu46
      Participant

They’ll make the All-Star game regardless.  More of an honor to be selected by the coaches than fans anyways IMO.

And to be fair, Griffin and Love have both been beasts this year as well, so it’s not like Aldridge got beat out by someone like Kobe who hasn’t even played.

machu46
      Participant

They’ll make the All-Star game regardless.  More of an honor to be selected by the coaches than fans anyways IMO.

And to be fair, Griffin and Love have both been beasts this year as well, so it’s not like Aldridge got beat out by someone like Kobe who hasn’t even played.

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

LaMarcus Aldridge not being a starter this year is ridiculous, and John Wall has probably had the best season of any guard in the East too. His stats are better overall than Kyrie’s and his team is better too.

Lafferty Daniel
    Participant

I’m more excited for the Rising Stars game.  

Lafferty Daniel
    Participant

I’m more excited for the Rising Stars game.  

Skeating12345
    Participant

Really disappointing seeing Irving over Wall. Kyrie can ball, but Wall deserves to start based on the season he is having, and his team has a better record than Irving’s.

Being from Houston, I really hope Harden gets the start over Kobe, despite being a huge Kobe fan.

Skeating12345
    Participant

Really disappointing seeing Irving over Wall. Kyrie can ball, but Wall deserves to start based on the season he is having, and his team has a better record than Irving’s.

Being from Houston, I really hope Harden gets the start over Kobe, despite being a huge Kobe fan.

Deems03
    Participant

Durant should moved into the shooting guard slot as a starter and Lemarcus Aldridge should get the nod to start or Lilard one of those two deserve to fill the starting spot in my opinion 

Deems03
    Participant

Durant should moved into the shooting guard slot as a starter and Lemarcus Aldridge should get the nod to start or Lilard one of those two deserve to fill the starting spot in my opinion 

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

dude has a 30 percent winning record in games played, and leads he league in turn overs per game average, i blame the delusional l.a. fans for voteing him in

dcase
      Participant
      It’s obvious that LA fans (or just Kobe fans in general) are responsible for getting him voted into the all-star game.  That is how the system for determining the all-star starters works. To infer that LA fans are delusional is a bit ridiculous. Voting for someone you enjoy watching play and are a fan of doesn’t make you delusional. The whole idea of fan voting is based on who you want to see. The instructions don’t explicitly state you have to vote for the most deserving. I am a huge Laker and Kobe fan and can completely understand why he was voted in. Does he deserve to be in based on this year’s performance….absolutely not (mainly because he has only played in 6 games).  Ang Puti Lalaki has a gripe that a player that with a 30% winning percentage shouldn’t be in the all-star game. Based on that logic you should be upset that Melo and Irving are starters. Both of them have 35% winning percentage in a very weak eastern conference.
      dcase
      Participant
      It’s obvious that LA fans (or just Kobe fans in general) are responsible for getting him voted into the all-star game.  That is how the system for determining the all-star starters works. To infer that LA fans are delusional is a bit ridiculous. Voting for someone you enjoy watching play and are a fan of doesn’t make you delusional. The whole idea of fan voting is based on who you want to see. The instructions don’t explicitly state you have to vote for the most deserving. I am a huge Laker and Kobe fan and can completely understand why he was voted in. Does he deserve to be in based on this year’s performance….absolutely not (mainly because he has only played in 6 games).  Ang Puti Lalaki has a gripe that a player that with a 30% winning percentage shouldn’t be in the all-star game. Based on that logic you should be upset that Melo and Irving are starters. Both of them have 35% winning percentage in a very weak eastern conference.
    Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

dude has a 30 percent winning record in games played, and leads he league in turn overs per game average, i blame the delusional l.a. fans for voteing him in

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

where is lin?

dcase
      Participant

Guess he isn’t that popular.

dcase
      Participant

Guess he isn’t that popular.

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

where is lin?

JoeWolf1

With no center in the East’s lineup, I really hope Jo Noah and Roy Hibbert both make the squad in the East. Hibbert has raised his play to a new level this year, and despite not having eye popping stats, he’s really having a great year.

Also, the Deng trade lit a fire under Noah and he’s been destroying it lately. Noah has put up 14.4 ppg 15 rpg 5.3 apg 1.9 bpg and 1.3 spg in the month of Januaray as Chicago now finds themselves above 500 as the Bulls rattled off 9 wins in 11 games in 2014.

JoeWolf1

With no center in the East’s lineup, I really hope Jo Noah and Roy Hibbert both make the squad in the East. Hibbert has raised his play to a new level this year, and despite not having eye popping stats, he’s really having a great year.

Also, the Deng trade lit a fire under Noah and he’s been destroying it lately. Noah has put up 14.4 ppg 15 rpg 5.3 apg 1.9 bpg and 1.3 spg in the month of Januaray as Chicago now finds themselves above 500 as the Bulls rattled off 9 wins in 11 games in 2014.

surve
    Participant

Dwight is not a starter because all the Dwightmare nonsense gave his "popularity" a huge hit.  He is not the superstar he thinks he is and the fans let him know it.  Its quite humbling to say the least.

surve
    Participant

Dwight is not a starter because all the Dwightmare nonsense gave his "popularity" a huge hit.  He is not the superstar he thinks he is and the fans let him know it.  Its quite humbling to say the least.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login