New Rivals 150...Randle over Parker?

redsoxfreak724
New Rivals 150...Randle over Parker?

Rivals just released their post-summer 150 with Julius Randle in the top spot over Jabari Parker...thoughts?

3-6 Mafia
and aaron harrison over

and aaron harrison over andrew, seen it coming

Taylor Gang Mike
Taylor Gang Mike's picture
yeah Aaron is better IMO, but

yeah Aaron is better IMO, but i dont like Randle as others do, i see allot of Beasley in his game, but he isnt as skilled. Randle is more Quincy Acy type of player.. But i think AG is the best player in high school along with Kasey Hill

draft2017
so your saying randle plays

so your saying randle plays like reggie evans because thats the type of player quincy acy is?

theballerway
about time as far as Im concerned

Just think hes the best or the player who can be most effective right now even on college level. Hes far more skilled than Aoron Gordon IMO. However Gordon reminds me of a way more athletic MKG hes just looks relentless but his perimeter games looks a tad underdevloped to me

Also wath out for Iverson hes really rising. Im not sure hell ever break into the top 3 or so but I think he looks really impressive,

Siggy
It wasn't long ago that

It wasn't long ago that Rivals had Andrew Harrison as the #1 player in the class. They have their reasons based on observations, but I also think that they keep the situation more fluid up top than it should be just to mix it up and give different takes.

I'd still have Parker over Randle, but Randle played this summer and Jabari was injured. Projecting out, I'd have Parker the better pro, followed by Andrew Harrison. I have concerns about Randle's position at the highest level. Right now he's a bully at the HS level, but he'd be slightly undersized, especially in terms of length for the PF position. He's already been measured out to have below average length for a PF, which could impact his ability to finish amongst the trees.

I would still have Andrew over Aaron as well. I just think his combination of playmaking ability and size at the 1 is a more rare and desired commodity than what Aaron projects to do at the NBA level at the 2. If both guys stay at their current positions, Andrew's strength and size will still be as big of an advantage over his matchup at the next level, whereas Aaron would be matched up with players who have the same size as he does. No knock on Aaron, but I wouldn't even rank him as the best SG prospect in this class. I think James Young is a better SG prospect. Young's game is more precise and economical. He doesn't play with the ball as much, picks his spots better, is more unselfish and shows better shot selection. Both Andrew and Aaron like to be the ones who make the play and they'll dominate the ball to do so, whereas Young can get his within the flow of the offense. Aaron's a better ball-handler and slasher than Young now, but will Aaron be as effective of a slasher at the next level with his athleticism? He's more of the smooth than explosive type of athlete.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
i just love Randle happy for

i just love Randle happy for him, i hate those TJones comparisons and or even Mike Beasley ones..
i mean it's the difference between combo, and face up PF..

he is already as tall or even taller than them both and already just and strong at only 17!! plus his athleticism is something unique with that explosiveness leaping quickness for 240plus pound...
if you call him undersized..he already measured6'9 last year and this year i don;t know is it true or not but he measured actually 6'10 which is perfect for any PF..and hey there is no reason to believ he is finished growing..or that he won't be even stronger..

and his agressiveness killer's instict makes me believe he won't fail..he will bump with any bigmen and his perimeter skills improving ballhandling and jumshot isn't the sign of that he is a tweener..it's just makes him versitile PF..

imo he is my favorite is this class

Siggy
I dont agree with the Beasley

I dont agree with the Beasley or T.Jones comparisons either, he plays with more tenacity (albeit in spurts) than both. He has better ball skills than Jones and he's a more physical, aggressive slasher than Beasley.

It's not about his height though, it's about his length. He has the length of a SF. Beas is longer than Randle is. His body is also physically mature and filled out so he's most likely done growing.

I think he'll have to continue improving his SF skills, especially expanding his range so that he can be good tweener as opposed to a "normal" one.

Demarcus Oneal
Demarcus Oneal's picture
I think we can all agree the

I think we can all agree the 2013 class is a talented bunch, does anyone know whether Wiggins has made a decision regarding reclasifying?

GoJOSH HUESTIS
GoJOSH HUESTIS's picture
I can understand it since

I can understand it since Parker didn't play. Aaron is the best Sg because he's a better ball handler than James and a much better defender plus he has more consistent range. Right now Young is more of a sf than a sg. Randle should be a beat. Just like webber and other bigs before him he over powers H.S players but he will learn more back to the basket moves and a better face up game, he is not finished developing. Aaron Gordan's game is very similar to a young Shawn Marion and I think he will be used as such in college and the NBA.

RSS: Syndicate content