This topic contains 16 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Taylor Gang Mike 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    estebansf
    Participant

What do you think of the new rankings? 

1. Shabazz Muhammad-Kentucky, Duke, UCLA, or UNLV

2. Isiah Austin-Baylor

3. Kyle Anderson-UCLA

4. Kaleb Tarczewksi-Arizona

5. Steven Adams-Pitt (First time being ranked as he was an international prospect before this year. He’s going to high school in the states now)

6. Anthony Bennett- Kentucky, Florida, Washington, UNLV, or Oregon

7. Cameron Ridley-Texas (Rumors about a soft verbal. Has not signed LOI)

8. Grant Jerrett-Arizona

9. Brandon Ashley-Arizona

10. Gary Harris-Michigan State

21. Mitch Mcgary-Michigan (Previous #2, but suffered a 19 spot drop, which is almost unheard of for a top 10 prospect)

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Wow, huge drop for McGary.

McDunkin

Let Katin Reinhardt in

and for those that think the Dunkin doesnt know b-ball..ask MikeyV I said shabazz muhammad would be the best player in 2012 before the "Drummond the next Howard" article was posted

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Why the fruit did McGary plop so much? Makes no sense dawg.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

I knew Isiah Austin was gonna gonna move up he is so underrated for all of skills and being 7 foot

Sorry but Shabazz Muhammad seems kinda overrated 

and Kyle Anderson doesnt look like a NBA prospect at all he is way to slow to be a point guard in the future …Could you see this guy being guarded by Chris Paul or Russel Westbrook? Can you say rip city?

McDunkin

I’m pretty sure these ratings are based on their impact on the college game

NickWayne87
    Participant

His highlights are cool and all but EVERY time i watch a game of his he NEVER shows up…….he’s soft, no killler instinct and i don’t see the same ballhandling i see in the highlights nor the outside jumper….

estebansf
    Participant

When I watched Muhammad at the Hoophall I thought he was the best player in high school in the country. If you aren’t impressed with him at the moment, maybe try to find a reshowing of the game because he was incredible. He displayed a great mid-range game, showed elite explosiveness, and a killer instinct. Overall, he had 37 points as his team destroyed the #6 team in the country. To me, he’s the definite #1 player in the senior class. 

To all the people wondering why McGary slipped, it is because at the Hoophall he played horribly. You wouldn’t even know he was in the top 50 with the way he played. He has had a bad high school season compared to what a top 20 recruit should be doing, and really the only current positive he displayed is his motor. In the Hoophall game, Nerlens Noel dominated McGary, which dropped McGary incredibly low and has ESPN considering putting Noel as the top player in the junior class (ahead of Jabari Parker). Dave Telep said it seems as if McGary’s game has declined, and by the way he has played recently, it looks like it. I think he will recover, but he isn’t looking great right now.

Malcolmx
    Participant

Isaiah had a good game on national tv in late 2011.Mcgary has not been killing lately.At the national prep showcase or at hoophall he didnt show up.Just showed his motor which everyone knows about already. He is born in 92 so there is no time to waste he has to kill every night out.Kyle can be ranked that high he is just super good. Forget speed and hops and quickness.Lets look at what he does with the ball and enjoy his artwork.Kaleb being ranked that high im not to sure about that.Everything else looks solid.Maybe Dajuan Coleman should come back up in the top 15 range at least

Malcolmx
    Participant

Pardon me Coleman is number 12 in the nation now so he is right where he needs to be

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

Yogi should be top 10

Malcolmx
      Participant

Maybe top 20 but not top 10 kris dunn is better than him and his potential is higher

F_DA_PO
    Participant

i got ripped apart for saying it’s ridiculous for this kid to go top 5. I have a feeling everyone is going to forget McGary was predicted to go #3 in the draft (and also deny they were all on board with it) when he plays in college next year.

lalaila
    Participant

i have made some posts about no Isaiah talks looks really you all guys underrates him out there…yes he hasn’t any close of the motor like Davis but he is even taller/longer and with some real offensive skills..im still not comparing those two but he is at least very nice prospect..

but still, overall after Shabazz(who isn’t looking like a legit superstar) i see pretty weak class for sure might be weaker than 2010′ they at least had Harrison Sully Perry Kyrie Knight

This class might be effected by last years DEEEEP class and pretty nice looking 2013 class..idk maybe it’s just me but as a prospect it’s possible i would take all Parker Randle Noel over Shabazz

akhan786
    Participant

I think the McGary drop is evidence as to how AAU isn’t a really good indicator of how good a recruit really is. McGary has been unimpressive at Brewster and has even come off the bench for some games.

However, I really like the kid and hope he can prove all the doubters wrong.

Maniac Maciej
    Participant

The two best players in high school are in the class of 2013.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Shabazz is a james harden clone.. hes good, but not elitw to me.Kyle is a beast. I wanna see Shabazz go to Zona or Ucla

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login