This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JRdaFilipino 13 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    JRdaFilipino
    Participant

I’ve always been hesitant to put Favors, Cousins or even Monroe to NJ at #3. Don’t get me wrong, they are all great players, but I feel Wesley Johnson would be the best fit. He will start at small forward and either Courtney Lee or Terrence Williams (better of the two IMO) and be able to contribute right away. Besides from Lee and Bobby Simmons, NJ doesn’t really have any wings able to consistently shoot from outside, Johnson can. And a rebuilding team can always use a good perimeter defender, Johnson is. They could definitely use a PF like Favors, Cousins or Monroe, but I personally still haven’t given up on Yi. He’s been improving every year and getting more and more aggressive and he is still 22, 23 years old! He went from 8 and 5 last yeato to 12 and 7 and 1 bog this year and is only getting better.Picking again at 31 would allow the Net’s to draft a backup PF like Lawal or Brackens, not to mention the big’s they would pick up in Free Agency (David Lee maybe). Johnson is also a low risk type of player. He’s solid and can contribute right out the gate for a team like NJ. Johnson is the safest pick and one of the most NBA ready prospects yet still has a lot of room left for development. I don’t care if I get negatives… TEAM JOHNSON FTW

for people with the reasons to selecting Favors, Cousins or Monroe because they can sign Rudy Gay via Free Agency:

They could still draft Johnson and still go after Rudy Gay and potentially sign him. IF they can, you knowing Minnesota is dying to get Johnson so a trade for Johnson-Favor’s would be available. If they can’t get a SF during Free agency you’ll be left with Johnson as your starting SF// and like I said, I still believe in Yi as their starting PF. Argue they’ll need at least a back up bigman? they still have the 31st pick and a lot of cap room for Free agency.

Net’s Draft 2010
    3: Wesley Johnson
    31 Targets: Gani Lawal, Craig Brackens, Derrick Caracter, Soloman Alabi

YSUFan10
    Participant

I hope Gani Lawal wont end up going to a crappy team like the Nets. Although they will obviously show improvment from last years season by at least 15 or so wins.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Who is on the big board @ 27 since you have #3 & 31 covered???????

JRdaFilipino
    Participant

totally forgot about 27 lol

But i can see you think Jordan Crawford is so how about we go with him I bet you’d like that

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login