This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ProudGrandpa 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

1st Team All-American

Offense

QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB LaMichael James, Oregon

RB Trent Richardson, Alabama

WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

TE Michael Egnew, Missouri

C Michael Brewster, Ohio State

OG Barrett Jones, Alabama

OG Brandon Washington, Miami (FL)

OT Riley Reiff, Iowa

OT Nate Potter, Boise State

Defense

DE Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

DT Jared Crick, Nebraska

DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State

DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina

LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State

LB Tank Carder, TCU

LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College

CB Cliff Harris, Oregon

CB Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech

S Mark Barron, Alabama

S Ray-Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL)

Special Teams

K Danny Hrappmann, Southern Mississippi

P Jeff Locke, UCLA

KR Damaris Johnson, Tulsa

PR Cliff Harris, Oregon

2nd Team All-American

Offense

QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma

RB Montel Harris, Boston College

RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

WR Juron Criner, Arizona

TE David Paulson, Oregon

C Ben Jones, Georgia

OG Ryan Miller, Colorado

OG James Wilson, Florida

OT Mike Adams, Ohio State

OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford

Defense

DE Brandon Lindsey, Pitt

DT Kawann Short, Purdue
    DT Marcus Fortson, Miami (FL)

DE Vinny Curry, Marshall

LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame

LB Dont’a Hightower, Alabama

LB Shayne Skov, Stanford

CB Greg Reid, Florida State

CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina

S John Boyett, Oregon

S Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State

Special Teams

K Grant Ressel, Missouri

P Quinn Sharp, Oklahoma State

KR Robert Woods, USC

PR Tony Logan, Maryland

3rd Team All-American

Offense

QB Kellen Moore, Boise State

RB Michael Dyer, Auburn

RB Chris Polk, Washington

WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

WR Robert Woods, USC

TE Cody Fleener, Stanford

C David Molk, Michigan

OG David DeCastro, Stanford

OG Larry Warford, Kentucky

OT Matt Reynolds, BYU

OT Matt Kalil, USC

Defense

DE Bruce Irvin, West Virginia

DT Billy Winn, Boise State

DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas

LB Chris Borland, Wisconsin

LB Lavonte David, Nebraska

LB Sean Spence, Miami (FL)

CB Josh Robinson, UCF

CB Morris Claiborne, LSU

S Jarred Holley, Pitt

S TJ McDonald, USC

Special Teams

K Blair Walsh, Georgia

P Bryan Anger, Cal

KR Josh Huff, Oregon

PR Joe Adams, Arkansas

Heisman Trophy: LaMichael James (I can not choose anyone else)

National Champion: Oregon Ducks (Ditto)

aamir543
    Participant

Good list, but I am very high on Denard Robinson. If he can stay healthy, I think he has to be in the Heisman conversation, however I am a bit skeptical as to how well he can play now that the spread is gone. But the guy can pass, and boy can he run, he should be drawing Mike Vick comparisions if you ask me.

aamir543
    Participant

Good list, but I am very high on Denard Robinson. If he can stay healthy, I think he has to be in the Heisman conversation, however I am a bit skeptical as to how well he can play now that the spread is gone. But the guy can pass, and boy can he run, he should be drawing Mike Vick comparisions if you ask me.

aamir543
    Participant

providencefriars1
    Participant

Denard Robinson fell apart in the second half of last year even with the spread. All he is, is a guy who had some great games last year but is way too inconsistent.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Denard Robinson fell apart in the second half of last year even with the spread. All he is, is a guy who had some great games last year but is way too inconsistent.

providencefriars1
    Participant

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I mean, do not get me wrong, the Nard dog had an amazing statistical season last year as the first, second, third and fourth option on the Wolverines offense last year. But, the guy went 3-6 in Big 10 play, while Michael Vick lead Virginia Tech to the championship game as a RS-Freshman. Virginia Tech played in an option offense, but Vick was faster and had a much stronger arm than Denard. Vick lead the nation in passer rating and destroyed almost every team he faced. Denard killed the first half of the season, than, as the going got tough, he dipped significantly.

I have no idea as to whether Denard will be a QB at the NFL level, but to compare him to Vick at this point seems fairly ludicrous. The guy was in an offense that clearly used him as the main weapon, with very little relief otherwise, but I think he projects more to being a RB/WR. Vick’s arm was a damn cannon, and while he had a lower completion % than Denard, his yards per pass were WAY above his, which I think provides an explanation.

Denard is incredibly exciting, I wish him the best, but to win the Heisman and achieve credibility, winning is the key. He does not have the size teams want in a QB, and while his speed is fantastic, there is only one Michael Vick. Even with him, you worry about injury and his ability to find the open receiver. Believe me, I had a lot tougher of a time leaving Darron Thomas off of the list than Denard. Robinson is incredibly hyped up, and everyone wants to find a new Michael Vick, but his being exciting has yet to win major football games. Darron Thomas, on the other hand, can run, pass and has nerves of steel. If you say, "Well, he goes to a better school than Denard", I am sure there would be about 110,000 Michigan fans who might beg to differ. As always, the guy who puts up huge numbers gets credit over a guy who puts up only slightly lesser numbers and wins games. If Michigan wins a lot of games, I will have to eat my words, but that again is a major if, not to mention Denard doing even close to what he did last year.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I mean, do not get me wrong, the Nard dog had an amazing statistical season last year as the first, second, third and fourth option on the Wolverines offense last year. But, the guy went 3-6 in Big 10 play, while Michael Vick lead Virginia Tech to the championship game as a RS-Freshman. Virginia Tech played in an option offense, but Vick was faster and had a much stronger arm than Denard. Vick lead the nation in passer rating and destroyed almost every team he faced. Denard killed the first half of the season, than, as the going got tough, he dipped significantly.

I have no idea as to whether Denard will be a QB at the NFL level, but to compare him to Vick at this point seems fairly ludicrous. The guy was in an offense that clearly used him as the main weapon, with very little relief otherwise, but I think he projects more to being a RB/WR. Vick’s arm was a damn cannon, and while he had a lower completion % than Denard, his yards per pass were WAY above his, which I think provides an explanation.

Denard is incredibly exciting, I wish him the best, but to win the Heisman and achieve credibility, winning is the key. He does not have the size teams want in a QB, and while his speed is fantastic, there is only one Michael Vick. Even with him, you worry about injury and his ability to find the open receiver. Believe me, I had a lot tougher of a time leaving Darron Thomas off of the list than Denard. Robinson is incredibly hyped up, and everyone wants to find a new Michael Vick, but his being exciting has yet to win major football games. Darron Thomas, on the other hand, can run, pass and has nerves of steel. If you say, "Well, he goes to a better school than Denard", I am sure there would be about 110,000 Michigan fans who might beg to differ. As always, the guy who puts up huge numbers gets credit over a guy who puts up only slightly lesser numbers and wins games. If Michigan wins a lot of games, I will have to eat my words, but that again is a major if, not to mention Denard doing even close to what he did last year.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

llperez

my coworker flew out yesterday to Norman OK to watch his buddy who plays for tulsa go beat the sooners tonight. I hope he starts drinking early.

llperez

my coworker flew out yesterday to Norman OK to watch his buddy who plays for tulsa go beat the sooners tonight. I hope he starts drinking early.

llperez

Malik-Universal
    Participant

michigan isnt consistent in the spread thx to robinson who is isnt a true pocket qb, and struggled in the 2nd half of the yr…. hes very talented however… 

and mich. d last yr was down right terrible…

what the hell did rich rod do to the michigan program?

hopefully we can get even better recruits with that slouch gone

anybody remember sam mcguffie?

Malik-Universal
    Participant

michigan isnt consistent in the spread thx to robinson who is isnt a true pocket qb, and struggled in the 2nd half of the yr…. hes very talented however… 

Malik-Universal
    Participant

llperez

lol,  go sacramento state. Pac 12 got nothing on them.

llperez

llperez

Hale
    Participant

Didn’t take long for your NC prediction to go down haha.

Hale
    Participant

Hale
    Participant

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

We are still a great team. Just do not get the same talent that the SEC gets on the front line. Which sucks. If LaMichael James had their offensive line, he would rush for 200 yards per game. Even still, the guy is a beast. 

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

We are still a great team. Just do not get the same talent that the SEC gets on the front line. Which sucks. If LaMichael James had their offensive line, he would rush for 200 yards per game. Even still, the guy is a beast. 

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Hale
    Participant

Honestly, I didn’t think LSU had a chance in that game, they really surprised me. 

Hale
    Participant

Honestly, I didn’t think LSU had a chance in that game, they really surprised me. 

Hale
    Participant

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Cause I’m ignorant

1st team

QB: Landry Jones-OK

RB: LaMichael James-ORE

RB: Marcus Lattimore-SC

WR: Justin Blackmon-OKST

WR: Ryan Broyles-OK

2nd Team

QB: Bryant Moniz-HAW

RB:Trent Richardson-BAMA

RB: Vick Ballard-MSST

WR: Alshon Jeffrey-SC

WR: Juron Criner-AZ

3rd Team

QB: D. Robinson-MICH

RB: M. Harris-BC

RB: B. Rainey-WKU

WR: M. Floyd-ND

WR: T. Austin-WVU

Champs-OKLAHOMA

Heisman-Landry Jones-Lamichael James-Bryant Moniz-Marcus Lattimore-Bobby Rainey

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Cause I’m ignorant

1st team

2nd Team

3rd Team

Champs-OKLAHOMA

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Cause I’m ignorant

1st team

2nd Team

3rd Team

Champs-OKLAHOMA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login