This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar quinceyh1 12 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    jjonz
    Participant

In the 3rd year of development the scouts & coaches would like to see a jump in consistent play or a a major increase from the previous two years. Consider Last years jr’s that had breakthrough yrs. I’m all about the Top 5 Value in any draft so lets start there with 3rd year improvement

MVP & future HOFer DRose Broke-Out this year

MBeas put up great #’s 19/6brds

RWestbrook 22/8assts

KLove He was Beastly all year long. He Broke-Out

& then the rest of the Draft Class

EGordon(Although, he was hurt a lot this year)/DGalinari/DJ Augustin (According to guy’s who crunch # he was the MIP of the Year)

Next Level of guy’s

Ibaka/RHibbert/GHill/ NBatum/JJHickson(After a few clashes with Coaches he had some great rebounding games)  JMcgee/JBayless/

& 4 2nd rounders who will contribute in the L next Year

MChalmers/DAJordan/aMoute/&CDR

Which players were stagnant or regressed OJ/Lopez brothers/JThompson/MSpeights & Where in the World is JAlexander.

2011 Jr Class

So who in your opinion will BreakOut?

Who will contribute?

And who will flunk?

jjonz
    Participant

could have a breakout year

jjonz
    Participant

was hurt all year, if he improves his mid-range game he could get back to his ROY#’s

jjonz
    Participant

What can each player in jr class do to improve their game i.e ADaye can improve his conversion % @ the rim.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

He can’t be too horrible.  He was named to the D-League first team with 20.2 PPG and 8.9 RPG.  Though All-D-League is kind of like a slap in the face, he looks like ha may turn into an NBA contributor soon.  Being a member of the Texas Legends, he is a part of the Dallas organization, he may be a little buried behind Butler, Peja, Marion, and Corey Brewer, but I guy who stars at the NCAA and the DL levels must be a decent prospect.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Torontois probally going to trade Bargnani, and acquire a true C. There are no legit scorers in the draft and other then Jeff green no legit FA scorers. I see Derozan continuing his improvements and beng Toronto’s 1st option next year. Probally leading into another high draft pick so take it with a grain of salt.

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

other than chalmers making bad desicions (which can easily be solved with more experience/playing time), i really dont understand why the heat dont use him much more… hes just as good as a shooter as bibby but a way better defender… always baffles me..

Kayjay
    Participant

As much as I agree with you, and I’ve said the same thing many times. Chalmers makes the worst decisions at the worse times. And some times he has "wtf" moments. Like when there was nobody in site, but he got frightened when he heard foot steps on the open court and missed a wide open lay up. But I agree, the Heat need to use him more. He’ll get his chance, trust me. The Heat need him as much as he needs the Heat.

omphalos
    Participant

Tyreke is set for a big year, with the lockout extending the off-season, he should be able to fix that jumper of his; saw on his twitter the other day he’d just shot 1,000 jumpers that morning, looks  like he’s really putting in the work to improve. Hopefully his health will improve after such a long layoff too.

Mayo seems like a broken man since the bust-up with Tony Allen. Kevin McHale had it right when he said he got beatdown by Allen, he doesn’t seem to have any confidence anymore, which is unusual given how ballsy Mayo used to be.

quinceyh1

being all D league means absolutely nothing. Curtis stinson was the MVP and can’t even get a 10 day contract. If you dont have a certain skill the NBA likes then you wont make it. Just scoring isn’t gonna cut it because when you get to the league you wont be counted on to be a scorer. You will have to bring something to the table that will help you stick and once you find a spot then you can start to show you’re scoring ability as well

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login