This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Winning_Time 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Winning_Time
    Participant

Are these guys going to get signed?

Andy Rautins – I love this kid. Pure shooter and always plays hard. 39th to Knicks.

Jarvis Varnado – Hard to find great defense but he has it. Looked like the Heat would get all their draft picks becuase of the Big 3.

Magnum Rolle – Liked him in the Summer League. #51st to the Pacers.

Ryan Richards – People got all big on him and he landed #49th to the Spurs. Spurs always trying to get younger.

Solomon Alabi – People had him going in the first round at one point. A huge skid to #50th to the Mavs. Im not big on him but hes a pretty atheletic center.

Art Parakhouski – UNDRAFTED. I really liked his soft touch and his frame. Looks a little like an overseas player.

Denis Clemente – Undrafted. Thought he could be a legitiment reserve.

Jon Scheyer – Undrafted. I love his quiet leadership. He can shoot the ball and doesn’t have too bad of a handle. He makes smart plays. Thought he would at least get drafted for sure.

Any ideas?

Chewy
    Participant

How can people constantly bash JJ Redick and say he is too slow to play in the NBA, that his shooting can’t make up for other deficencies, and that his defense it terrible. BUT then people hype up a poor mans version of him. Yes he plays point and JJ is a 2 guard, but that is all the more reason why he speed and defense are not up to par.

Chewy
    Participant

How can people constantly bash JJ Redick and say he is too slow to play in the NBA, that his shooting can’t make up for other deficencies, and that his defense it terrible. BUT then people hype up a poor mans version of him. Yes he plays point and JJ is a 2 guard, but that is all the more reason why he speed and defense are not up to par.

IknoBall12
    Participant

but yea i think once the season starts and injuries begin to hit yea these guys will get signed. its all about oppurtunity

IknoBall12
    Participant

but yea i think once the season starts and injuries begin to hit yea these guys will get signed. its all about oppurtunity

Winning_Time
    Participant

Andy Rautins can do other things on the court. He brings a kind of confidence that JJ doesn’t have. Andy is always working hard and became a great defender at Syracuse. I like JJ but I don’t think their games are very similar.

Winning_Time
    Participant

Andy Rautins can do other things on the court. He brings a kind of confidence that JJ doesn’t have. Andy is always working hard and became a great defender at Syracuse. I like JJ but I don’t think their games are very similar.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I would also like to add the Wake Forest PG Ishmael Smith to this list. I had another post about him. Hes got some Rafer Alston in him and he can really run. I think he will be less selfish with a better team. He handles the ball pretty well.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I would also like to add the Wake Forest PG Ishmael Smith to this list. I had another post about him. Hes got some Rafer Alston in him and he can really run. I think he will be less selfish with a better team. He handles the ball pretty well.

Chewy
    Participant

Great defender? Really? Syracuse plays a matchup zone with athletic bigs set in place behind the guards. The perfect defense to hide guards away. Thats how they are able to be successful w/ offensive pg’s like Rautins, Devendorf and Jerry Macnamra.

Look, I am not saying he is a bad player, but his success in the NBA is far from a forgone conclusion.

knicks82
      Participant

I think its a good chance Rautins gets signed. Partly due to the fact that the Knicks as of right now have 12 players under contract, they got 3 guys in the draft (Rautins, Fields, and Jerome Jordan) who I believe they will fill the roster out with.

knicks82
      Participant

I think its a good chance Rautins gets signed. Partly due to the fact that the Knicks as of right now have 12 players under contract, they got 3 guys in the draft (Rautins, Fields, and Jerome Jordan) who I believe they will fill the roster out with.

Chewy
    Participant

Great defender? Really? Syracuse plays a matchup zone with athletic bigs set in place behind the guards. The perfect defense to hide guards away. Thats how they are able to be successful w/ offensive pg’s like Rautins, Devendorf and Jerry Macnamra.

Look, I am not saying he is a bad player, but his success in the NBA is far from a forgone conclusion.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I think he had good defensive moments at Syracuse so maybe he wasnt GREAT but i thought he was good. I just feel that beyond shooting JJ and Andy are two different players.

Winning_Time
    Participant

I think he had good defensive moments at Syracuse so maybe he wasnt GREAT but i thought he was good. I just feel that beyond shooting JJ and Andy are two different players.

Chewy
    Participant

I think he has the size at 6’3 to be more successful than other Boehiem products. The question is does he want to try and make the bench on an NBA team or take more minutes overseas?

Alabi: Size, athletisism, and potential all in one package. There will always be an NBA team that take a risk on that.

Clemente: Interesting prospect. He has great speed and shooting which is huge for a role playing pg (have to keep up w/ other pg’s and make open shots when your star is doubled). Maybe fill a role of a change of speed pg off the bench.

Jarvis Varnado: The BEST player that might not get picked up by the team that drafted him. Shot blocking is a skill that translates well from college to NBA.

Chewy
    Participant

I think he has the size at 6’3 to be more successful than other Boehiem products. The question is does he want to try and make the bench on an NBA team or take more minutes overseas?

Alabi: Size, athletisism, and potential all in one package. There will always be an NBA team that take a risk on that.

Clemente: Interesting prospect. He has great speed and shooting which is huge for a role playing pg (have to keep up w/ other pg’s and make open shots when your star is doubled). Maybe fill a role of a change of speed pg off the bench.

Jarvis Varnado: The BEST player that might not get picked up by the team that drafted him. Shot blocking is a skill that translates well from college to NBA.

Chewy
    Participant

was a good call! He is really fun to watch. He is extremely fast and aggressive. I hope he makes it.

Chewy
    Participant

was a good call! He is really fun to watch. He is extremely fast and aggressive. I hope he makes it.

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

Solomon alabi was already signed by the raptors

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

Solomon alabi was already signed by the raptors

Winning_Time
    Participant

Good Pickup for the Raptors if he lives to his potential.

Winning_Time
    Participant

Good Pickup for the Raptors if he lives to his potential.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login