This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar kobyz 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    BallerScript
    Participant

BallerScript 2018 NBA Mock Draft 12/01/18

1. Atlanta Hawks – Luka Doncic, SG

2. Orlando Magic – Michael Porter Jr, SF/PF

3. Sacramento Kings – DeAndre Ayton, C

4. Memphis Grizzlies – Marvin Bagley III, PF

5. Boston Celtics (Via LAL) – Mohamed Bamba, C

6. Dallas Mavericks, Kevin Knox, SF/PF

7. Chicago Bulls – Collin Sexton, PG/SG

8. Cleveland Cavaliers (Via BKN) – Trae Young, PG

9. Phoenix Suns – Wendell Carter, C/PF

10. Charlotte Hornets – Trevon Duval, PG

11. Utah Jazz – Jaren Jackson Jr, PF/C

12. New York Knicks – Mikal Bridges, SG/SF

13. Los Angeles Clippers – Nick Richards, C

14. Philadelphia 76ers – Bruce Brown, SG

15. New Orleans Pelicans – Miles Bridges, SF

16. Denver Nuggets – Daniel Gafford, C

17. Indiana Pacers – Gary Trent Jr, SG

18. Minnesota Timberwolves (Via OKC) – Dzanan Musa, SF

19. Portland Trailblazers – Lonnie Walker, SG

20. Detroit Pistons – Troy Brown, SG/SF

21. Milwaukee Bucks – Robert Williams, PF/C

22. Washington Wizards – Bruno Fernando, C

23. Phoenix Suns (Via MIA) – Nickeil Alexander-Walker, PG/SG

24. Atlanta Hawks (Via MIN) – Mitchell Robinson, C

25. Cleveland Cavaliers – Brandon McCoy, C

26. San Antonio Spurs – Kris Wilkes, SF

27. Brooklyn Nets (Via TOR) – Rui Hachimura, PF/SF

28. Atlanta Hawks (Via HOU) – Isaac Bonga, SF

29. Boston Celtics – John Petty, SG

30. Golden State Warriors – Allonzo Trier, SG

The Goat
    Participant

I commend the effort but I’m not sure how you can simulate a draft without knowing the order teams are going to pick. 

Anyway, no way Porter goes 2 with an injury. Jackson at 11 is too low and Rui Hachimura is not in the class, but to me he’s in the lottery whenever he comes out.. 27?! You crazy

DreDaGOAT
    Participant

Why would the Magic take another injured small ball PF with the second pick when they already have 2 former top-6 picks struggling to get minutes? Wouldn’t they be better suited taking Ayton or Young? Or trade down for Sexton? Who in their right mind would take Wendell Carter, who is not athletic and doesn’t exactly have a modern game, over Jaren Jackson Jr., who is one of the youngest players in the class, best defenders, and 40%+ 3-point shooter for a big man? Wendell Carter is too similar to Greg Monroe for comfort, and anyway, the Suns shouldn’t take a big. They already have Chriss, Alan Williams, Chandler, Len, Bender. 3 of those are former top-8 picks. Other than that, pretty solid mock.

GBee
      Participant

I could understand taking Jackson Jr over Carter but your take on Wendell is wrong. He may not be quick moving laterally but he does have pop in his legs (which is why his BLK% is strong and he frequently puts defenders in the basket) unlike Monroe and he has a jumper, which is something Monroe didn’t have at the same stage and still doesn’t.  To expand even further he even has a back to the basket game which Monroe didn’t have (he was always a jumperless face up big) and is capable of turning over either shoulder. From what I’ve seen, he’s the only big in this class who can make that claim. Yeah the Suns have a bunch of bigs, but who among them is a part of their core and is a C? They renounced Len. Chriss is a short armed Stro Swift and neither him nor Bender look like future C’s.

kobyz
      Participant

Cause Orlando needs as much star quality they can get, porter as much potential to be franchise changer…

Hitster
    Participant

If Bulls came to a choice between Trae and Sexton, I think they’d take Trae as he gives them a better shooting dynamic and if we assume they’ll play uptempo, his shooting is a great weapon as he can spread the floor and try to get open shots.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login