This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar michaelds911 15 years ago.

• Author
    valentine

My Mock, Projected, Pros and Cons, Comparisons

1. Sacramento- Blake Griffin, OAK,PF ( Comparison- Amare Stoudmire)
    Pros- Skilled inside, solid rebounder, Excellent with the back of the basket
    Cons- Hieght ( is he really 6-10?), Passing

2. La Clippers- Earl Clark, UL, SF/PF (Comparison- Danny Granger, Caron Butler)
    Pros- Great Passer, Good shot, Huge Upside
    Cons- 3point shot

3.Washington- Hasheem Thabeet, Uconn, C (Comparison- Dikembe Mutombo)
    Pros-Size, Defense, ability to run the floor
    Cons-Offense

4.Oklahoma City- Jordan Hill, ARI, PF (Comparison- Chris Bosh, Al Jefferson (only skinner)
    Pros-Upside, good motor, improved jumper
    Cons-Basketball I.Q.

5. Memphis- James Harden, ASU, SG (Comparison- Steven Jackson, Dwayne Wade)
    Pros- High Basketball I.Q., Passing, Shooting
    Cons- Not a Elite player.

sheltwon3
    Participant

Interesting I do love your pros and cons but some of your comparison are off. Harden is closer to Roy than Wade and he is probably a better perimeter play than Wade but lacks wades Athleticism.

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

1).sacramento- blake griffin (comparison- karl malone with lebron athleticism)
    pros-great rebounder,post game,skilled inside,nice handle
    cons-passing

2).golden state- brandon jennings (comparison: more athletic iverson)
    pros-handle,passing,athleticism,scoring ability,iq
    cons-defense

3).toronto- ricky rubio (comparison: jose calderon w/ better defense)
    pros-passing,defense,iq
    cons-athleticism

4).new york- stephen curry (comparison: smaller ray allen)
    pros:scoring ability,shot,iq,handle,craftiness
    cons:athleticism,size,defense

5).suns- craig brackins (comparison: smaller kevin garnett)
    pros:scoring,jump shot,size,perimeter skills,solid rebounder
    cons:defense,hybrid

shaq2355
    Participant

Earl Clark for the number 2 pick is a huge stretch…I live in Louisville and have talked to many people inside the program and Earl Clark does not have what it takes to make it in the league…He is a one contract and done player…Watch…And Craig Brackins #5??? He has talent but no way at 5…He could contribute to a team down the line but there is much more value at that pick than him…

QHaynes123

Honestly, LA got alot of talent…i didnt know who to give them

I like Brackins…he has alot of upside and could be good

sheltwon3
      Participant

The Clippers do have a lot of talent but they need a point guard for the future because BD is not the answer. Also I like Thorton but he can be replace or needs to be pushed because he took a step back this year. A versatile player like Clark could be the answer or a playmaking gritty point because they have some knuckleheads on the Clippers. They need someone to come in that will not defer to their elders.

KATASTROPHE
    Participant

Clark at 2??? I dont know about that would the Clippers rather draft a point guard (Rubio or Jennings)

gift2basketball
    Participant

1)Blake Griffin-Karl Malone
    2)Ricky Rubio-Walt Frazier
    3)Hasheem Thabeet-Mutumbo
    4)James Harden-Manu Ginobili
    5)Stephen Curry-Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

Lodzio20
    Participant

you have no idea about basketball…your mock is worst i’ve ever seen and I see Jennings is your favourite player

Citrusiswow
    Participant

Sheltwon, Wade is more athletic than what you think. Sure he’s not LeBron and stuff, but younger player are usually more athletic anyways. It’s not cool to dis Wade. Lol! As for the 1-5 picks Earl Clark will never go that high.

jdubsram-13
    Participant

In the top 5 are you serious? And the comparison to Ray Allen, he will never be at the level of Allen.

joecheck88
    Participant

The original post was legit, but almost everyone else is crazy. Fisrt of all, how did the suns get the number 5 pick. they were the best non playoff team, they are stuck at 14. second, stephen curry and craig brackins in the top 5! nothing more need be said about that. Third, the player comparisons were horrible(By some people).

Masrock

this is the worst mock topic I’ve seen yet. not trying to be mean, but these are sorry.

michaelds911
    Participant

I’m over here rolling on the floor laughing at Tony’s mock. I damn near pee’d my pants. And since when does Rubio play like Walt Frazier gift2basketball? Have you ever seen a Walt Frazier game? still rofl

Here is what the top 5 picks will be……Mark my words….

1. Sac-town- Blake Griffin….Duh
    2. Washington- Ricky Rubio….They are going to make Gil play the 2…I hope they are not dumb enough to take Thabeet or Hill
    3. L.A- Brandon Jennings…I don’t know if they trust B.Diddy anymore so they’ll get Jennings. You need a flashy player for a flashy city right? and just think of the damage he and Gordon is going to do in that backcourt. It gives me chills to even think about it.
    4. OKC- Hasheem Thabeet…..They need some size and defense to make them a playoff contender, and Thabeet is just that. And you never know, he may learn a couple of offensive moves.
    5. Minnesota- Demar DeRozan….I actually think they are going to reach and do something dumb like this. Its either going to be him or Clark, trust me. They seen OKC get lucky picking an unpolished athlete in Westbrook. So I think they are going to try and do the same with DeReozan.

peterposma
      Participant

NICE!!

Stanford hoops
      Participant

rubio isnt even gonna start his first year int he leauge….yall need to stop with the hes gonna be great ..im sure ya;ll have never seen him play a game other then in the olympics in which he averaged 4pts a 3ast a game…ive seen 9 games ( 3 in person )over in spain( i played in the second division as well as first division) and imma tell you for a fact he will not start his first year in the leauge…he has the potential to be good but i just dont see great and its sad how most of yall have watched you tube highlights and think..oh wow hes gopnna be great or cuz someone else says so…by the way his team is 18-10 right now and averageing 9pts 5.7 ast as the 6th man

Mr. Basketball
        Participant

his team is not that great other than him. they won their league last year with fernandez. 9pts and 5.7 asts in 20 minutes is really good (thats about 15 and 11 in the NCAA: in like 28 minutes which is way better than most ncaa pgs in recent history. I trust CP3, the rest of team USA, and all the draft experts + GMs over u so…

Mr. Basketball
      Participant

michaelds911: the problem with your mock is that the clippers (currently under mike dumbleavy) run a slow brand of basketball and are having problems with baron wanting to play uptempo. if we get jennings, it will be the same.

Lodzio20
    Participant

I think Rubio is like Greivis Vasquez and Nick Calathes

michaelds911
    Participant

I never said Rubio was going to start or be great. This isn’t my fav 5 or anything, it’s just who I believe will be picked. And I hope Dunleavy isn’t that dumb, because they could be a run-and-gun team with Jennings, Gordon, Thorton, Jordan and Camby.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login