This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BA30 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    fito91
    Participant

I am a Milwaukee Bucks fan and this season has not been kind to us so far. Bogut getting injured, SJax wanting out, and Jennings possibly wanting out of Milwaukee.

However, I am not completely depressed at the moment. If the season ended right now the Bucks would hold the 8th pick in the draft. We all know the Bucks are a small market team and have no chance at signing a big name player. The only way I see us being able to improve is through the draft.

So my question for you is, what prospect could the Bucks draft at 8th to help them get back on track?

In my opinion the best case scenario would be Florida’s Bradley Beal or Uconn’s Jeremy Lamb (should his draft stock continue to fall).

What do you all think?

Zeke313
    Participant

The Bucks need someone who is dynamic and can create his own offense like Austin Rivers. His addition would take some pressure off of Jennings and allow him to play more efficiently and bring excitement to an otherwise woefull Bucks offense.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Agree with Zeke, Rivers would be a great pick for Bucks.  He’d bring star power and attention that team needs.  They also are in need of a PF who brings it every night, and Thomas Robinson fits that bill.  It obviously matters where they’re picking, who knows though, Stern might feel they need the #1 pick.  

GlenTaylorSucks
    Participant

I think the only two players that should be untouchable on that roster are Bogut and Jennings. Ilyasova has been nice lately, but I don’t see him as anything more than a solid role player. The problem with relying on Bogut is that he’s constantly injured- when he’s healthy, he’s shown he’s one of the best C’s in the NBA. Jennings…well…if he’s already talking about leaving, that’s never a good sign. I think you’re gonna see a major house cleaning this off season; who knows if Skiles will be back at coach, and a lot of their players have crappy contracts (and…well…are crappy anyways, haha). I think the best thing the Deer can do is take the BPA, regardless of position. At 8 or 9 (I’m honestly thinking they end up lower…), they could have Beal, Lamb, PJIII, Moultrie…any one of the 2nd tier guys. Taking a gamble on PJIII may not be such a bad idea; at worst, they still suck and get another lotto pick next year, while at best you have a matchup nightmare that can run the floor with Jennings.

Zeke313
    Participant

"Stern might feel they need the #1 pick." Haha true dat

B Free
    Participant

I think Jennings is gonna need a bit of "lob city" style play to keep him there and Thomas Robinson would be a great fit next to Bogut, they could also use a SG but Lamb will be gone and Beal may be too, so Terrence Ross could fit well.

B Free
    Participant

Wel I have already changed my opinion, the combo of Drew Gooden, Larry Sanders, Jon Leuer, Ersan Ilyasova, Bogut, and Tobias Harris is very good and diverse, but they lack perimeter players both SGs and SFs, they have no legit SGs on the roster, so Im thinkg it has to be a SG Beal or Ross.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

"Stern might feel they need the #1 pick."

Would be great but Stern seems to only gives #1 picks to either small market teams in weak drafts or to teams that have a hometown superstar in the draft.

If they do get lucky and get top 3 Davis or Barnes would look great for the Bucks or for any team honestly. What team lined up for a top pick couldnt use a wing like Barnes or an elite defender like Davis.

With a 5-7 pick I’d love to see them take Lamb if available. If not I think pairing Bogut up with Sullinger or Robinson would be great too. Would be nice to have a dominant 4 for change, Its been 15 years since Baker was putting up 18 & 9. There would still be a need for a wing scorer but Bogut-Sullinger/Robinson and backups of Sanders-Leuer-Gooden (please move this guy for anything if at all possible) or Ilyasova (might not have the money to sign him) looks pretty solid.

Bmore_DC
    Participant

"Would be great but Stern seems to only gives #1 picks to either small market teams in weak drafts or to teams that have a hometown superstar in the draft."

where does John Wall to DC fit in that assumption?

the Bucks should take a chance on Perry Jones and hope that him Bogut, and Jennings bring the best out of eachother

Rockey123
    Participant

The Makers were part of the United states Group from their design as an development group in 1969 through the 1997 season, after which they shifted to the Nationwide Group Main Category. The usa had formerly been a Nationwide Group town when its group was the The usa Braves (1953–1965). brewers tickets | mets tickets | braves tickets

F_DA_PO
    Participant

The Bucks are in a downward spiral to nowhere right now. Forget looking for another guard, you guys need to find a new center. Bogut doesn’t seem to be able to play even half a season anymore. The Bucks only chance of turning things around is if they get lucky in the lottery and get Davis. Their owner is gonna have to die or have a kid with a disease for that to happen though.

BA30
    Participant

I doubt that many of you will agree with me, but I would try and trade Jennings now to get pieces for the future. I like Jennings but his shot selection is terrible and he is the definition of a score first PG with rather selfish play. He puts himself first and the team second. His numbers are very good scoring wise this season and his value is high. If Jennings was a shooting guard, I would call him untouchable cause the kid can score. But he is a point guard which to me, makes him much less valuable as a player to build your team around.

As far as the topic for this thread, it would be perfect for Mil to get someone like Rivers while at the same time trading Jennings for 1 or 2 good pieces for the future and a draft pick or two. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login