This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar IndianaBasketball 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    mbramilan
    Participant

What do you think about Lamarcus Aldridge?

All star this year?

I don’t understand his trade in 2006 draft night, and I think that he, not Andrea Bargnani, was the real first pick.

news about tyrus thomas?

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Right now I think LA is one of the top 4  PFs in the league along with Kevin Love, Anthony Davis and Blake Griffin. I think an argument can be made for any of them as the #1 PF. Davis is the best help defender and all-around stat stuffer, Griffin the best ball handler and most explosive, Love the best shooter and rebounder, Aldridge so reliable and skilled on both ends of the court.

With the Blazers playing such good ball this year it would be hard to keep him off the All-Star team that being said it just so happens that all 4 of those top PFs as well as Dirk Nowitzki (back to good form with 20+ PPG and lights out shooting), David Lee, Zach Randolph and Tim Duncan (bit of a down year so far but it’s TD so he should turn it around) all play in the Western Conference so competition will be tough.

Yeah, I didn’t really understand the trade in 2006 either. The Blazers didn’t really give up much to switch PFs with the Bulls so Chicago must have just been in love with Tyrus Thomas’s length and athleticism and rated him highly. I’m with you though, I thought LA was the best player in that draft and had Rudy Gay at #3.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Right now I think LA is one of the top 4  PFs in the league along with Kevin Love, Anthony Davis and Blake Griffin. I think an argument can be made for any of them as the #1 PF. Davis is the best help defender and all-around stat stuffer, Griffin the best ball handler and most explosive, Love the best shooter and rebounder, Aldridge so reliable and skilled on both ends of the court.

With the Blazers playing such good ball this year it would be hard to keep him off the All-Star team that being said it just so happens that all 4 of those top PFs as well as Dirk Nowitzki (back to good form with 20+ PPG and lights out shooting), David Lee, Zach Randolph and Tim Duncan (bit of a down year so far but it’s TD so he should turn it around) all play in the Western Conference so competition will be tough.

Yeah, I didn’t really understand the trade in 2006 either. The Blazers didn’t really give up much to switch PFs with the Bulls so Chicago must have just been in love with Tyrus Thomas’s length and athleticism and rated him highly. I’m with you though, I thought LA was the best player in that draft and had Rudy Gay at #3.

bobbyb
    Participant

Remember, hindsight is 20/20 , I think taking Oden over Durant was a bigger mistake.

bobbyb
    Participant

Remember, hindsight is 20/20 , I think taking Oden over Durant was a bigger mistake.

mbramilan
    Participant

In my opinion the biggest mistake is hasheem thabeet, 2nd pick in 2009

mbramilan
    Participant

In my opinion the biggest mistake is hasheem thabeet, 2nd pick in 2009

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

The thing about LA what set’s him apart from most PF’s (like Blake or Davis), is that he can create is own shot: give him the ball and he can score the basket or make a play.

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

The thing about LA what set’s him apart from most PF’s (like Blake or Davis), is that he can create is own shot: give him the ball and he can score the basket or make a play.

King Calucha
    Participant

In my opinion, this shouldn’t even be a question. Lamarcus Aldridge is the 2nd best PF after Kevin Love.

King Calucha
    Participant

In my opinion, this shouldn’t even be a question. Lamarcus Aldridge is the 2nd best PF after Kevin Love.

omphalos
    Participant

After seeing Aldridge destroy the Warriors I’d even put him above Love at #1. From a skillset perspective he’s better but it was his mentality that held him back in the past.

Aldridge and the Blazers are the real deal this season.

omphalos
    Participant

After seeing Aldridge destroy the Warriors I’d even put him above Love at #1. From a skillset perspective he’s better but it was his mentality that held him back in the past.

Aldridge and the Blazers are the real deal this season.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

People complain about Aldridge’s rebounding and block numbers (which are very good, not great), but if you watch him, you’d see that he has a complete game. Offensively, you can run an offense through him or he can play off of others. His mid-range jumper is automatic. Defensively, he’s very good defending his man and he’s where he’s supposed to be. 

He’s not the stat sheet stuffer Love is or the explosive athlete Griffin is, but he’s been my #1 power forward for a season or two. He really has no real weaknesses in his game. 

He’s been an All-Star the last two seasons. It will continue. He’s having the best season of his career. 

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

People complain about Aldridge’s rebounding and block numbers (which are very good, not great), but if you watch him, you’d see that he has a complete game. Offensively, you can run an offense through him or he can play off of others. His mid-range jumper is automatic. Defensively, he’s very good defending his man and he’s where he’s supposed to be. 

He’s not the stat sheet stuffer Love is or the explosive athlete Griffin is, but he’s been my #1 power forward for a season or two. He really has no real weaknesses in his game. 

He’s been an All-Star the last two seasons. It will continue. He’s having the best season of his career. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login