This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Tongue-Out-Like-23 13 years ago.

• Author
    babyfacekilla
    Participant

I was wondering where you guys think Krie Irving would go if he were in the 2012 draft insted of this one. would he still be top 5 with the likes of gilchrist and rivers coming in. would he even be ahead of rivers.

delfam
    Participant

yes and yes, Irving has defined position where as guys like Gilchrist and Rivers don’t.

M.Garvey
    Participant

Depending on how he does next year of course, but still top 3, i watched him last night, kid’s handles are nice, and he can draw fouls, make FTs, didnt really get enough of a sample size to see if his J is legit but I like what i see

LAYUP
    Participant

even though he had nice stats I wasnt at all impressed by him last night. He has decent handles yes, and maybe its because he’s coming off injury, but I dont think he’s quick or athletic enough to be a top tier pg in the league.  I think he gets drafted top 3 either year but Im guessing he wont end up being one of the top 3 best players that came out of either of the drafts. 

delfam
    Participant

^ this is where I differ. I just want my PG to control tempo and lead the team, know when he needs to score and know when he needs to pass. I feel Irving has a great feel for the game and knows what to do in each situation.

LAYUP
      Participant

but judging on his performance last night he wasn’t controling anything. He didnt pass the ball well and took a couple ill advised shots. I think he got too emotional and forced things. That said, I dont completely disagree, and it was just one game. Im certainly not saying I dont like his game. I just dont think he’ll ever be a top 5 pg at the next level. 

delfam
    Participant

^ ok but name the top 5 pg’s in the NBA and how many championships they have

Rose,Westbrook,Nash,Paul,Williams

between them they have zero championships, I know they’re still young, but PG isn’t a position where you need a top tier player to win a championship.

LAYUP
    Participant

generally the best team wins. all the guys you mention have made their teams better. You cant argue that. how many championships does lebron have? d howard? carmello? all guys Im sure you’d start a team with. You cant judge on championships all the time.

delfam
    Participant

^ why not, isn’t that the main goal of a team. IDK if it’s just me, but when I look at the draft I want to draft a player I think will have a role in a championship, not always a #1 option(could be a good role player). I know some people draft based on best talent, but I think that’s wrong, if that talent doesn’t fit what your trying to do, that it’s going to go to waste.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I don’t understand this, he’s a possible number 1 pick this year, but he’s going back to college?  For what?  He’s not going to improve his stock any more than it already is.  When you’re number 1, there’s nowhere to go but down.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login