This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar M-Eazy 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    jmarg25
    Participant

Is 2014 going to be like 2012 where Kentucky dominates every team they play? They have recruited both Harrison twins, James Young, Darkari Johnson, and Marcus Lee; all top twenty on Rivals. Who knows, maybe J Randle will go there too. Chances are Harrow and Wiltjer return, and possibly Poythress too. I think this team is going to be too good not to win a championship. The excitement we have this year about not having a true #1 team in the country will be gone. Are they a lock to be #1? Will they cruise to a championship?

Hale
    Participant

Depends on who stays/goes. If Poythress stays or they get Randle or Wiggins or someone I’d lean towards a yes.

WolfRob
    Participant

No one “cruises” to a championship..

jmarg25
      Participant

Yea I worded that wrong sorry. I meant that they won’t have to have a miracle to win it all.

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

It all depends on if they can develop chemistry, this years Kentucky team is top 10 just based on talent but they have poor chemistry

Kyrie Irving

Beyond chemistry, they have no playmaker. Archie Goodwin is a slashing SG who can spot the 1. Mays is a spot up shooter. And Harrow is…. A SCRUB.
      You sub. Andrew Harrison with Ryan Harrow and this team becomes a top 25 team in the country in an instant.
      Edit: Forget Andrew Harrison, make it Marquis Teague.

3 No Biases 3
    Participant

If they get Wiggins 40-0 is a possibility…If they get Randle they are probably the favorites to win it…if they get neither I think they will still be Sweet 16 or possibly deeper material…

Harrow and Wiltjer are coming back for sure unless Harrow transfers…

PG Harrison/Harrow
    SG Harrison
    SF Young
    PF Wiltjer/Lee
    C Johnson/Lee

I hear Lee may be a supreme shot blocker and Johnson is an offensive low post big so they should compliment each other well… Don’t sleep on Harrison and Harrow starting together next year like Bledsoe and Wall did in Cal’s first year…

GoJOSH HUESTIS
      Participant

You really think harrow would bump Aaron Harrison to the bench or Andrew?. Mmmmmm NO

thricethefun
    Participant

Even with that stellar recruiting class they will still be just freshman. They will be a contender to win it all but it really rare that a group of predominantly freshman win it all.

tiberius
    Participant

They will be a juggernaut team offensively, i don’t think any team will be able to compete because they will be great with the twins and dakari will dominate ala demarcus cousins. I think that we’re looking at an oddly similar team to the one with from John Wall’s time. Where we have a backcourt duo comparable in talent to the wall-bledsoe combo. We got a demarcus cousins type bigman, and then a great forward in lee who could provide a very good contribution either as a starter or of the bench. James Young will give them awesome firepower, i believe that this team has it all!!! BUT Let’s not disrespect the other teams and dismiss them like that. They could have an off night and lose a game or two before the sweet 16, but otherwise i see no other team that can match them.

M-Eazy
    Participant

Two keys to next season will be chemistry and sacrifice. The beautiful thing about the 2012 team is that they had 7 players average 25ppg or more in HS but in college they were fine with taking 8 shots a game and playing a team game (Coach Cal said this a million times last year).

Honestly, Kentucky isn’t even guaranteed a SEC title next year in my eyes. Florida will be legit next year with Dorian Finney-Smith and Damontre Harris becoming eligible after transferring in. DFS can guard and play positions 1-4 and could’ve been one and done last year had he picked a better school coming out of HS. Then add Chris Walker and Kasey Hill and possibly Julius Randle. If Michael Frazier and Casey Prather can emerge as a valuable scoring options for Florida, then the sky’s the limit for them. Also, Young might turn out to be a four year player

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login