How deep is the 2012 draft?

truwizfan4
How deep is the 2012 draft?

Do you consider this year Draft class very deep. if you had to grade this year draft class what would you give it so far?

gdprophecy14
How deep is the 2012 Draft?

I do consider this year's draft class to be a deep one in the regard there are gonna be alot of 8-12 year vets that find roles and are key contrubitor to their team's success. The grade that I would give this class as of right now would B+ thats if everyone I expect to come out comes out and thers no Harrison Barnes this year!

truwizfan4
another year?

I have heard that Andre Drummond and mkg may remain in college for another year is there any truth to these rumors?

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
The rumors are that Quincy

The rumors are that Quincy Miller and MKG are coming back. Sources say Drummond too, but with UConn possibly not being in the tourney next year I see him leaving for the NBA.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Deeper than last year

But I do not think it is as elite as 2008 or 2003. It certainly has a strong top 10, but as the draft goes on there are a big number of wildcards. Also, it is pretty weak at the PG and C positions, not to mention are not incredibly deep. It also depends on whether certain players come out or not, but I think that it is a strong draft at the 4 and pretty decent on the wing.

Certainly do not see many "franchise changers", but anything is possible. Anthony Davis certainly looks fantastic, Andre Drummond has ideal size and athleticism for a big man and Barnes/MKG/Lamb/Beal/Rivers certainly look like nice building blocks to a team structure. Also, you have Sullinger and Robinson, who are two guys who look like future starting 4's.

Still, I think beyond these few players, there are some strong prospects but very few guarantees. This draft will more than likely have decent depth, but I think that expectations should not be incredibly high past the middle of the first round. It looks better than last years group, which certainly has looked decent as far as most of their rookie seasons, but I think people put too much stock into the 16-20 pick being incredibly high value. It will be as much of a gamble as ever and I would not be surprised if this draft does not turn out to be as deep as once thought.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
I'd say it is certainly the

I'd say it is certainly the strongest draft since 2008, it's ironic that the 2008 draft is now considered better than the 2007 draft which was hugely hyped with Oden and Durant at the head of it.

A lot will depend on who declares and who doesn't as in an instant the 2013 draft could become much stronger if there are a number of returners.

river09
I consider the coming draft

I consider the coming draft class to be pretty deep, there are potential starters/role players all over it. But it's not a incredible draft, IMO it's really lacking stars. I don't see any of these players to developing into superstars in the league. Maybe, maybe drummond.. But everyone else should (unlikely, but maybe) be solid..

MattHoops
I agree with posters saying

I agree with posters saying that this could be a very deep draft. A lot of nice role-players that will have nice careers. I am not sure if there are any superstars in this draft, I would say Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond have the best chances of that. However, I feel players like Barnes, MKG, Lamb, Beal, Sullinger, Kevin Jones, and Robinson will be very very solid players. They are NBA starters who could be fringe All-Star types which is not a bad thing.

RSS: Syndicate content