This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JoeWolf1 13 years ago.

• Author
    llperez

just thought i would post this since i didnt see it anywhere on here. The final 4 of the NIT were Wichita state vs washington state and colorado vs alabama. WIchita state crushed wazzu and alabama nudged colorado by 1 point.

Then in the final, wichita state knocked off alabama by 9.

year of the little guys it seems.

McDunkin

APRIL FOO….oh…you were serious

TeamShowtimeLakers
    Participant

congrats wichita state…

ghettosermon
    Participant

With all of those teams that were proclaimed huge snubs like Vatech and Colorado, and Wichita State wins the NIT lol. Mid majors are really proving their dominance this year with half of the final 4 being mid majors and now Wichita state winning the NIT. Kind of funny but the VCU connection. VCU’s late year bracket busters win in Wichita is probably what got them in the tournament. Also funny because Anthony Grant left VCU for Bama and now he is playing in the NIT and VCU is in the final 4. Oh and BTW another mid major Creighton is facing Oregon on Saturday for the CBI title which VCU won last year BTW. Who knows how Wichita State would have done in the NCAA tournament. At 24-8(14-4) in conference they should have at least got consideration. I mean if you look at their resume they can hang with top teams. Close 4 point loss to UCONN, 1 point loss to VCU, and were tied most of the game with San Diego State until the Aztecs made a huge run.

JoeWolf1

They are a solid team, the kind without a star but everyone knows their role and pretty much anyone could be their leading scorer any given night.  I keep up on the MVC and I’m glad to see The Shockers winning the NIT, but I was disappointed Indiana State won the Conference tournament because I thought both WSU and Missouri State could have potentially won 1 if not 2 games in the NCAA tournament.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login