This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    BallerScript
    Participant

Just took a quick look at the 2019 mock for this site and it just feels like there wasn’t much effort put in

I’ll just list some of the things which I find a bit odd

• Bruno Fernando (Maryland) going #2
    • Rui Hachimura (Gonzago) going #4
    • Kellan Grady? Top 10?
    • Sagaba Konate (West Virginia) in the lottery?

jabbar_medvedenko
    Participant

It does figure to be a really weak draft to be honest. It feels like every 3 years or so the draft class falls off a little.. 2019, 2016 was not particularly impressive, 2013 was terrible apart from a couple of steals from Europe and older guys like Dipo and McCollum.. 2010 was kind of an outlier with good players all over the place, Wall, George, Hayward, Cousins, Bledsoe, Bradley, Whiteside.. 2007 was supposed to be terrible but was helped by the introduction of a one-and-done, making guys like Durant, Conley and Oden available..

Could go on and on but you get the point. Hopefully a couple more guys stand out next season, it’s exciting watching the NBA brimming with young talent.

HobbyOG
    Participant

I agree, 2019 could be a really weak draft. Hopefully some of these freshmen stay *cough cough Kentucky kids** improve over the year and dominant as sophmores. 

holefillers1
    Participant

Fernando and Hachimura are both energy bigs right now. I will all but garuntee that Reddish goes first overall. He is the closest thing I have seen to PG-13 and KD in the last 5-6 years.

R4uno
      Participant

In my opinion it’s more likely Barrett goes first and Reddish second. But they are the only players in this draft I can see becoming superstars. I’m hoping for some late bloomers or Zion proving he’s at the same level with Barrett and Reddish, but seems to be a really weak draft.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Barrett, Reddish or Langford 1st overall. I also like Williamson as a high upside glue guy like Draymond Green, Paul Millsap type mold.

Hitster
    Participant

If guys like Fernando and Hachimura declared this year, it looks even weaker. Both would be top 10 contenders this year if they declared I reckon.

Apart from Barrett and Reddish there doesn’t look obvious star quality in thiis draft. Bol Bol could be an interesting guy but is very much a work in progress. Williamson is undersized heightwise but could be a Millsap type player and might be a low risk pick and could be a good starter for many years. 

I must admit I hadn’t heard much about Sekou Doumbouya but he is supposed to be the next best Euro prospect after Doncic. Looking at his highlights, he looks an amazing athlete but that could just be in his age range but he does have some nice inside moves, can handle the ball and has a 3 point range apart from the obvious dunks and lay ups. He’ll be one of the younger guys if he declares next year so could be one to watch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login