This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar whiteflash 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Glenn Robinson III will be the returning champ this year. With him that leaves three spots to fill.
    Who would you like to see in the contest? I would go with Dennis Smith Jr., Terrence Ferguson and Donavan Mitchell. That would be an exciting contest.

BallerScript
    Participant

Larry Nance Jr and Derrick Jones Jr are options

I wonder if Zach LaVine would be interested considering he’s just come back from injury

Aaron Gordon, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Oubre, Andrew Wiggins, John Collins and Kyle Singler are all guys who I could see there too

pjlaw10
      Participant

KYLE SINGLER?????? WTF? 

BallerScript
        Participant

I’ll let you in on a little secret 

Jokes spice life up a bit

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Glenn Robinson is yet to play a single game, I don’t think he risks going in to try retain his title so we will likely see 4 new competitors.

I’d like to see: Dennis Smith Jr, John Collins, Terrence Ferguson & Donovan Mitchell.

mamadou
    Participant

I’d take your guys.

There’s always a bigmen in it, Nance Jr will have a shot at home(father and son or ball assists).

He, Mitchell and DS3 are locked for me.

GR3 is injured for months, not sure he’s in.

The Goat
    Participant

Agreed, great field – Nance, Smith, Ferguson and Mitchell

brodiejay
    Participant

I agree with Terrance Ferguson, Dennis Smith, and Donovan Mitchell. I think Nance might be a better in-game dunker… but he can seriously get up.

I really feel like Derrick Jones Jr choked last time. His dunks on YouTube are absolutely ridiculous, but he just couldn’t show it on the night. I’d love to see him get another crack at it!

I wish it was a field of 8!

90sNYK
    Participant

regardless of the competitors, I’m more interested in how they can refresh or rejuvenate the contest. its been blah since I can remember with very few special moments. IMO a nice change up would be bringing elite dunkers from all over to compete against the NBA players. switch the format around and have some sort of shirts vs skin playoff format. anyhting new would help the dying weekend that is the NBA ASG.

whiteflash
      Participant

Dude, the most competitive contest of all time was two years ago, and there have been several really good one’s recently. The contest is fine.

As much as I like Mitchell I think he’s more of a game dunker.

I’d have DSJ, Ferguson, Nance (who I think has some tricks up his sleeve, and his dad competed), and give Jones another shot.

Got Smith winning.

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

Good call, you guys. Dennis Smith Jr has accepted an invitation to participate. 

Source: sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2018/01/23/report-mavericks-rookie-dennis-smith-jr-headed-nba-slamdunk-contest

Lotto Stud
    Participant

An under the radar guy that hasn’t been listed who I wouldn’t mind seeing enter is De’Aaron Fox.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login