This topic contains 72 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar trappedinthecloset 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

1 Towns

2 Porzingis

3 Myles Turner

4 Oubre

5 Okafor

6 Stanley Johnson

7 WCS

8 Hezonja

9 Justin Anderson

10 Rozier

11 Mudiay

12 Portis

13 Kaminsky

14 RJ Hunter

15 RHJefferson

16 Winslow

17 Cam Payne

18 Jerian Grant

19 Sam Dekker

20 Jordan Mickey

falling out: D’Angelo Russell

Let’s see yours

ZachAttack
    Participant

This is a joke, right?

T Rex

Let’s see your re-draft, rather than mindlessly ridicule independent thinking. 

In fact, let’s hear ONE independent thought out of you. Name ONE pick you would make differently, and why.

Or just hide under the skirts of the consensus and ridicule anybody who strays from lock-step conformity.

Like a little 14 year old girl.

chrispaulwall
        Participant

somebody watches key and peele

chrispaulwall
        Participant

somebody watches key and peele

CameronCrazy11
        Participant

I mean many of us made mock drafts for this year so I’m guessing most of those people would stick with those picks they thought would/should be made. It’s been barely over a month since the 2015 draft. Not much has changed my opinion that I had before the draft on any particular prospect, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this thinking.

CameronCrazy11
        Participant

I mean many of us made mock drafts for this year so I’m guessing most of those people would stick with those picks they thought would/should be made. It’s been barely over a month since the 2015 draft. Not much has changed my opinion that I had before the draft on any particular prospect, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this thinking.

ZachAttack
        Participant

First of all, we’ll go with D’Angelo Russell’s presence, or the lack there of. C’mon not a single NBA game and he’s not even in the top 20? There’s a reason he was drafted 2nd. He may not be the 2nd best player out of this draft, but I’d be willing to bet big money that he will be in the top 20 for sure! Next Terry Rozier 10th. Him being the highest drafted point guard. Over Emmanuel Mudiay. Now, if you’re basing this off of SL, which I assume you are since there hasn’t been a SINGLE NBA game yet, then Mudiay would definitely be above Rozier. I mean he exploded in SL. Third you have all Celtics in the top 20. And I get that they played decent, but there is some clear Celtic bias in that Re-Draft. There’s 3, and I haven’t even looked into depth of your whole list. When you’re not drunk come back and make a new list…

ZachAttack
        Participant

First of all, we’ll go with D’Angelo Russell’s presence, or the lack there of. C’mon not a single NBA game and he’s not even in the top 20? There’s a reason he was drafted 2nd. He may not be the 2nd best player out of this draft, but I’d be willing to bet big money that he will be in the top 20 for sure! Next Terry Rozier 10th. Him being the highest drafted point guard. Over Emmanuel Mudiay. Now, if you’re basing this off of SL, which I assume you are since there hasn’t been a SINGLE NBA game yet, then Mudiay would definitely be above Rozier. I mean he exploded in SL. Third you have all Celtics in the top 20. And I get that they played decent, but there is some clear Celtic bias in that Re-Draft. There’s 3, and I haven’t even looked into depth of your whole list. When you’re not drunk come back and make a new list…

T Rex

Mudiay showed all the flaws I talked about before the draft. Slow feet laterally, minimal defensive effort, bad jumper, free throws in the 50s, bad decision making.

He’s literally a Tony Wroten clone, and if Wroten had gone to China instead of UWashington, he would have had the same hype after his flashy McDonald’s AA game.

As far as Rozier, just watch. You are going to regret that the Jazz didn’t draft him at 15. Your Jazz team’s point guard defense sucks, and when Exum gets back from his acl he will be even less able to defend starting point guards, who are smaller and much quicker than what Exum can deal with.

Exum is another Burks, and that’s okay but in no way did it solve Utah’s point guard hole, any more than Trey Burke did.

Of course Utah should have drafted Dennis Schroeder in 2013 instead of Trey Burke, even though Burke was higher rated.

T Rex

Mudiay showed all the flaws I talked about before the draft. Slow feet laterally, minimal defensive effort, bad jumper, free throws in the 50s, bad decision making.

He’s literally a Tony Wroten clone, and if Wroten had gone to China instead of UWashington, he would have had the same hype after his flashy McDonald’s AA game.

As far as Rozier, just watch. You are going to regret that the Jazz didn’t draft him at 15. Your Jazz team’s point guard defense sucks, and when Exum gets back from his acl he will be even less able to defend starting point guards, who are smaller and much quicker than what Exum can deal with.

Exum is another Burks, and that’s okay but in no way did it solve Utah’s point guard hole, any more than Trey Burke did.

Of course Utah should have drafted Dennis Schroeder in 2013 instead of Trey Burke, even though Burke was higher rated.

OhCanada-
            Participant

Man T-Rex I don’t think your a troll but  you put alot of effort into saying stupid things. I used to do the same thing until I started putting that effort into learning about what I was talking about. Then I didn’t have to try so hard to make assessments because I formed an educated opinion and what I said was no longer stupid. I guess.

OhCanada-
            Participant

Man T-Rex I don’t think your a troll but  you put alot of effort into saying stupid things. I used to do the same thing until I started putting that effort into learning about what I was talking about. Then I didn’t have to try so hard to make assessments because I formed an educated opinion and what I said was no longer stupid. I guess.

T Rex

Keep working on it buddy. And don’t be discouraged at small progress.

T Rex

Keep working on it buddy. And don’t be discouraged at small progress.

ZachAttack
            Participant

It’s Summer League for crying out loud! It was their first game against some real competition. Of course there will be flaws. DeAndre Jordan didn’t do well in Summer League, neither did Wesley Matthews. Those guys are both borderline all stars. Jordan averaged 4 fouls per game in SL! Now he’s a great player and Matthews could’ve been an All-Star if he had improved his play just a little bit. Yet they both had bad Summer Leagues. And Emmanuel Mudiay’s SL wasn’t even bad! Which means he should adapt to the NBA pretty easy.

Also I don’t know how you can say that Exum won’t be able to keep up with PG’s today. When he is a quick guy, I mean that’s the thing that everyone was in love with in him. His quickness. And if you know anything about Burke, he started playing great when he was put into the 6th man position. I can’t find his exact statline, but he improved when put to that position. I’m glad that the Jazz didn’t pick Rozier, because we have a future star in Exum and we don’t need him to slow Exum down.

You wait til Exum comes back with his injury, which will be quicker than most expect because of the GREAT doctors in Utah. Don’t be surprised to see him back mid season. Then we’ll see who I would rather have for my Jazz and who you wish was on your team.

ZachAttack
            Participant

It’s Summer League for crying out loud! It was their first game against some real competition. Of course there will be flaws. DeAndre Jordan didn’t do well in Summer League, neither did Wesley Matthews. Those guys are both borderline all stars. Jordan averaged 4 fouls per game in SL! Now he’s a great player and Matthews could’ve been an All-Star if he had improved his play just a little bit. Yet they both had bad Summer Leagues. And Emmanuel Mudiay’s SL wasn’t even bad! Which means he should adapt to the NBA pretty easy.

Also I don’t know how you can say that Exum won’t be able to keep up with PG’s today. When he is a quick guy, I mean that’s the thing that everyone was in love with in him. His quickness. And if you know anything about Burke, he started playing great when he was put into the 6th man position. I can’t find his exact statline, but he improved when put to that position. I’m glad that the Jazz didn’t pick Rozier, because we have a future star in Exum and we don’t need him to slow Exum down.

You wait til Exum comes back with his injury, which will be quicker than most expect because of the GREAT doctors in Utah. Don’t be surprised to see him back mid season. Then we’ll see who I would rather have for my Jazz and who you wish was on your team.

T Rex

LOL, as if it wasn’t obvious by August 9th.

T Rex

LOL, as if it wasn’t obvious by August 9th.

NBAjunkie81
        Participant

& even though I disagree, you have good points backing up your arguments – I guess what I’m saying is I don’t wanna fight LOL, but a good discussion would be great – most people watch espn after the Lottery & 2 weeks before the Draft… I enjoy debating the Draft & I can respect different opinion’s even if I totally disagree as long as those different opinions are well thought out & based on something other than "well that’s who the talking head on espn said…" W/ Sports people have their preferences & I respect that… Anyway, here’s my revised Draft… #1 Okafor, #2 Towns, #3 Mudiay, #4 Porzingus, #5 Winslow, #6 WCS, #7 Hezonja #8 Turner, #9 Lyles,  #10 S. Johnson, #11 Oubre, #12 Kaminsky, #13 Hollis-Jefferson, #14 Portis, #15 Anderson, #16 Booker, #17 Vaughan, #18 Dekker, #19 Looney, #20 Russell…. I didn’t put thought into team needs – it was along the style of a Pre- Lottery "Mock" Draft so it was strictly based on talent & heavy on future projections..

I disagree w/ you Mudiay… I thought he was by far the best PG prospect – comparing him to Tony Wroten was a bit harsh lol, although I like Wroten as an energy guy who can score off the bench, but no way as a PG. Wroten is crazy talented w/ freakish athleticism but where Mudiay is Always pass first, Wroten (2012 #25 Overall pick) is shoot first, second & third… Mudiay’s shot isn;t bad, it’s average 43% area during the year – it’s his range that’s limited. He’s not a 3-point shooter, but I’m ok w/ that… I like Mudiay’s "beyond his year’s" low key maturity. He has great size & length & an NBA body. His 1st step & leaping ability are explosive. He can get to the rim whenever he wants where he can dish or finish & lastly Mudiay is a lock down defender…

At the Top of the Draft, I really believe Flip Saunders’ first instinct to Favor Okafor over Towns was correct… I’m not knocking Towns mind you – I agree w/ ALL the scouts & talent experts who ALL year had Towns & Okafor 1 & 2 and FAR, FAR ahead of Everyone else in this draft… For example, I LUV Towns game, his poise his leadership potential, his shot blocking ability, his whole game – he really reminds me of a better Nerlens Noel w/ a great shot but like Noel, I worry about his ability to establish himself on the low block & that might not be a big deal. Just like Noel, I can see Towns converting to a "4" in the NBA on the offensive end & still protecting the Rim on the Defensive side… Okafor was so much better than I realized, his array of post moves on both sides of the lane & w/ either hand was incredible… His strength was off the charts, his body is made to dominate the Low Block – he is literally built like an Oak Tree – his trunk from the waist down is so thick, by the 4th qtr, anyway trying to guard him is just going to get abused… He was the Only player that commanded a double – and sometimes triple – team on EVERY possesion & his two weaknesses: defense & free throws seem correctable… His free throw stroke was dead on just to long & he was better on defense than I expected… We were told ALL year that Robert Upshaw has Lottery talent & that physically, the 7 foot 275 lbs talent would be a top 5 pick if not for off court troubles.. On the very first play of the game, Upshaw took Okafor by himself. Okafor called for the ball, recieved the pass in a giant bear paw, turned & drove Upshaw under the Rim like he was a child & scored Easily… For the rest of the game, Upshaw needed help on defense. The Lakers Doubled & even Triple teamed Okafor & he scored Anyway – lefthanded, right handed… It was very impressive,,, practices in Phila will be clinics for the next 10 years w/ Noel teaching Okafor proper post defense & Okafor teaching both Noel & Embiid the dozen + post moves…. This kid is going to be a 20 & 10 machine…

I have Porzingus at #3, he’s got some really impressive raw ability. He’s going to struggle w/ foul trouble but he’s a good looking player… I don’t think Anyone from 3 through 30 is a Franchise piece but Porzingus was the right pick for the Knicks w/ Okafor off the board… The rest of the top 20 is a matter of preference… For example I really like Trey Lyles, I feel that if he was at another school he may have been a top 5 pick… I LUV Winslow, but his lack of size worries me, he might be a tweener.. Willie Cauley Stein will be an Instant Defensive Star – there are only 3 players in the Entire NBA who can destroy a pick and Roll, who can guard all 5 positions & is also a World Class Rim protector – the average fan has No Clue how rare & how important Elite Rim protection is – & right now WCS joins Noel & Anthony Davis in a very elite, very small group of freakishly quick, explosive leapers who affect all 5 players on the court who are spooked by their mere presence… And Finally I agree w/ you on D’Angelo Russell – I only put him at # 20 b/c I believe ALL the guards – excpet Mudiay were pushed up the board b/c their is a real lack of quality pro level PG’s at the College level… Talent grows in cycles we’ve seen a flood of combo guards enter the NBA over the last 7 years but we’ve seen a lack of quality big men, it’s starting to turn in the other direction…….. Payne, Rozier, Grant, Wright, Jones & Russell are all average at best PG’s as far as I’m concerned… I through Russell in at #20 but truthfully I don;t like him more than the other 5 I mentioned… This time last year when we were all checking the first 2015 Mock Drant, D’Angelo Russell was in No One’s top 60! He was Not considered a "One & Done guy" (Freshman year to the Pro’s)… When Russell’s name began to surface I wanted to watch some his games & I was not impressed… first, he bulked up for the Draft, but his weight All year at Ohia St was about 175 lbs – he’s got a slightly built frame… Everything he does, he does slow… His shot release is slow, his decision making is slow… He’s not a great scorer & he’s not a great shooter… In a very mediocre conference, playing w/ almost NO pro talent, Russell avg 14 points & shot only 44%… For the people calling him Steph Curry or James Harden I have NO idea what they are looking at… First, Curry has incredible range – really 25 feet & in and Curry has the Quickest release I have Ever seen & he’s a natural scorer… Curry shot 50% & avg 30 ppg in 3 years of college… And Harden can create his own shot. I know Harden isn;t a "freak" athlete but he is an NBA athlete, D’Angelo Russell is No Where near Harden. Russell has ZERO 1st step – he absolutely can NOT create his own shot… The one game where Russell was forced to deal w/ an NBA level athlete was in round 2 of March Madness when Ohio St faced Arizona. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson completely Destroyed Russell. He shot 3-19 from the field & RHJ was in Russell’s shirt the entire game…. To pick him # 2 was simply Crazy…  Passing on Okafor will be a source of pain & regret for Lakers fans & staff for 15 years… So I think you were dead right about Russell & if Mudiay doesn’t at least get an 18 foot stroke going he could go in the same Bust bin b/c it seems like PG’s who can’t shoot are a thing of the past….. I enjoyed reading you posts… 

NBAjunkie81
        Participant

& even though I disagree, you have good points backing up your arguments – I guess what I’m saying is I don’t wanna fight LOL, but a good discussion would be great – most people watch espn after the Lottery & 2 weeks before the Draft… I enjoy debating the Draft & I can respect different opinion’s even if I totally disagree as long as those different opinions are well thought out & based on something other than "well that’s who the talking head on espn said…" W/ Sports people have their preferences & I respect that… Anyway, here’s my revised Draft… #1 Okafor, #2 Towns, #3 Mudiay, #4 Porzingus, #5 Winslow, #6 WCS, #7 Hezonja #8 Turner, #9 Lyles,  #10 S. Johnson, #11 Oubre, #12 Kaminsky, #13 Hollis-Jefferson, #14 Portis, #15 Anderson, #16 Booker, #17 Vaughan, #18 Dekker, #19 Looney, #20 Russell…. I didn’t put thought into team needs – it was along the style of a Pre- Lottery "Mock" Draft so it was strictly based on talent & heavy on future projections..

I disagree w/ you Mudiay… I thought he was by far the best PG prospect – comparing him to Tony Wroten was a bit harsh lol, although I like Wroten as an energy guy who can score off the bench, but no way as a PG. Wroten is crazy talented w/ freakish athleticism but where Mudiay is Always pass first, Wroten (2012 #25 Overall pick) is shoot first, second & third… Mudiay’s shot isn;t bad, it’s average 43% area during the year – it’s his range that’s limited. He’s not a 3-point shooter, but I’m ok w/ that… I like Mudiay’s "beyond his year’s" low key maturity. He has great size & length & an NBA body. His 1st step & leaping ability are explosive. He can get to the rim whenever he wants where he can dish or finish & lastly Mudiay is a lock down defender…

At the Top of the Draft, I really believe Flip Saunders’ first instinct to Favor Okafor over Towns was correct… I’m not knocking Towns mind you – I agree w/ ALL the scouts & talent experts who ALL year had Towns & Okafor 1 & 2 and FAR, FAR ahead of Everyone else in this draft… For example, I LUV Towns game, his poise his leadership potential, his shot blocking ability, his whole game – he really reminds me of a better Nerlens Noel w/ a great shot but like Noel, I worry about his ability to establish himself on the low block & that might not be a big deal. Just like Noel, I can see Towns converting to a "4" in the NBA on the offensive end & still protecting the Rim on the Defensive side… Okafor was so much better than I realized, his array of post moves on both sides of the lane & w/ either hand was incredible… His strength was off the charts, his body is made to dominate the Low Block – he is literally built like an Oak Tree – his trunk from the waist down is so thick, by the 4th qtr, anyway trying to guard him is just going to get abused… He was the Only player that commanded a double – and sometimes triple – team on EVERY possesion & his two weaknesses: defense & free throws seem correctable… His free throw stroke was dead on just to long & he was better on defense than I expected… We were told ALL year that Robert Upshaw has Lottery talent & that physically, the 7 foot 275 lbs talent would be a top 5 pick if not for off court troubles.. On the very first play of the game, Upshaw took Okafor by himself. Okafor called for the ball, recieved the pass in a giant bear paw, turned & drove Upshaw under the Rim like he was a child & scored Easily… For the rest of the game, Upshaw needed help on defense. The Lakers Doubled & even Triple teamed Okafor & he scored Anyway – lefthanded, right handed… It was very impressive,,, practices in Phila will be clinics for the next 10 years w/ Noel teaching Okafor proper post defense & Okafor teaching both Noel & Embiid the dozen + post moves…. This kid is going to be a 20 & 10 machine…

I have Porzingus at #3, he’s got some really impressive raw ability. He’s going to struggle w/ foul trouble but he’s a good looking player… I don’t think Anyone from 3 through 30 is a Franchise piece but Porzingus was the right pick for the Knicks w/ Okafor off the board… The rest of the top 20 is a matter of preference… For example I really like Trey Lyles, I feel that if he was at another school he may have been a top 5 pick… I LUV Winslow, but his lack of size worries me, he might be a tweener.. Willie Cauley Stein will be an Instant Defensive Star – there are only 3 players in the Entire NBA who can destroy a pick and Roll, who can guard all 5 positions & is also a World Class Rim protector – the average fan has No Clue how rare & how important Elite Rim protection is – & right now WCS joins Noel & Anthony Davis in a very elite, very small group of freakishly quick, explosive leapers who affect all 5 players on the court who are spooked by their mere presence… And Finally I agree w/ you on D’Angelo Russell – I only put him at # 20 b/c I believe ALL the guards – excpet Mudiay were pushed up the board b/c their is a real lack of quality pro level PG’s at the College level… Talent grows in cycles we’ve seen a flood of combo guards enter the NBA over the last 7 years but we’ve seen a lack of quality big men, it’s starting to turn in the other direction…….. Payne, Rozier, Grant, Wright, Jones & Russell are all average at best PG’s as far as I’m concerned… I through Russell in at #20 but truthfully I don;t like him more than the other 5 I mentioned… This time last year when we were all checking the first 2015 Mock Drant, D’Angelo Russell was in No One’s top 60! He was Not considered a "One & Done guy" (Freshman year to the Pro’s)… When Russell’s name began to surface I wanted to watch some his games & I was not impressed… first, he bulked up for the Draft, but his weight All year at Ohia St was about 175 lbs – he’s got a slightly built frame… Everything he does, he does slow… His shot release is slow, his decision making is slow… He’s not a great scorer & he’s not a great shooter… In a very mediocre conference, playing w/ almost NO pro talent, Russell avg 14 points & shot only 44%… For the people calling him Steph Curry or James Harden I have NO idea what they are looking at… First, Curry has incredible range – really 25 feet & in and Curry has the Quickest release I have Ever seen & he’s a natural scorer… Curry shot 50% & avg 30 ppg in 3 years of college… And Harden can create his own shot. I know Harden isn;t a "freak" athlete but he is an NBA athlete, D’Angelo Russell is No Where near Harden. Russell has ZERO 1st step – he absolutely can NOT create his own shot… The one game where Russell was forced to deal w/ an NBA level athlete was in round 2 of March Madness when Ohio St faced Arizona. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson completely Destroyed Russell. He shot 3-19 from the field & RHJ was in Russell’s shirt the entire game…. To pick him # 2 was simply Crazy…  Passing on Okafor will be a source of pain & regret for Lakers fans & staff for 15 years… So I think you were dead right about Russell & if Mudiay doesn’t at least get an 18 foot stroke going he could go in the same Bust bin b/c it seems like PG’s who can’t shoot are a thing of the past….. I enjoyed reading you posts… 

ZachAttack
          Participant

I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen a longer post…

ZachAttack
          Participant

I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen a longer post…

NBAjunkie81
            Participant

Regular Season to start ASAP – I promise shorter posts – Much shorter….

NBAjunkie81
            Participant

Regular Season to start ASAP – I promise shorter posts – Much shorter….

Bencelticsfan2346
        Participant

I respect all the independent thinking but you’re judging these kids before they’ve ever played in the NBA I think D’angelo Russell at worst would fall to 3 or 4 not out of the top 20. this is way premature for a redraft these guys nba experience consists of five or six summer league games this topic could wait 6 months to a year or more and then I think it would be a great topic to discuss.

Bencelticsfan2346
        Participant

I respect all the independent thinking but you’re judging these kids before they’ve ever played in the NBA I think D’angelo Russell at worst would fall to 3 or 4 not out of the top 20. this is way premature for a redraft these guys nba experience consists of five or six summer league games this topic could wait 6 months to a year or more and then I think it would be a great topic to discuss.

Bencelticsfan2346
        Participant

Sorry double post

Bencelticsfan2346
        Participant

Sorry double post

T Rex

Let’s see your re-draft, rather than mindlessly ridicule independent thinking. 

In fact, let’s hear ONE independent thought out of you. Name ONE pick you would make differently, and why.

Or just hide under the skirts of the consensus and ridicule anybody who strays from lock-step conformity.

Like a little 14 year old girl.

kobyz
      Participant

Hey zack! I send you an email!

ZachAttack
        Participant

Not a bad idea… I’ll see what I can do.

ZachAttack
        Participant

Not a bad idea… I’ll see what I can do.

kobyz
          Participant

Very well! 

kobyz
          Participant

Very well! 

kobyz
          Participant

Very well! 

kobyz
          Participant

Very well! 

kobyz
      Participant

Hey zack! I send you an email!

ZachAttack
    Participant

This is a joke, right?

Too Fast
    Participant

Why do a redraft when no one knows anything about anyone in this draft yet? 

T Rex

Because some things are just obvious!

T Rex

Because some things are just obvious!

Too Fast
    Participant

Why do a redraft when no one knows anything about anyone in this draft yet? 

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

no andrew harrison on ”your list” ? lol

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

no andrew harrison on ”your list” ? lol

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

too early for this,they have yet to play a nba game…

are you basing ”your list” on how they performed in summer league? if so,okafor should be 1st…….

ZachAttack
      Participant

With Stanley Johnson a close second

ZachAttack
      Participant

With Stanley Johnson a close second

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

too early for this,they have yet to play a nba game…

are you basing ”your list” on how they performed in summer league? if so,okafor should be 1st…….

Magic Jordan
    Participant

Just when I think Aramdoubtrex is turning a corner you go and pull something like this….. And totally redeem yourself!!!!  Glad to know you’re still trolling and making deductions off a few Summer league games.  

You’re Celtics really made out like bandits.  All you’re missing is Andrew Harrison and Dakari Johnson and you would have your ideal starting 5 of the future.

Magic Jordan
    Participant

Just when I think Aramdoubtrex is turning a corner you go and pull something like this….. And totally redeem yourself!!!!  Glad to know you’re still trolling and making deductions off a few Summer league games.  

You’re Celtics really made out like bandits.  All you’re missing is Andrew Harrison and Dakari Johnson and you would have your ideal starting 5 of the future.

T Rex

Not enough spots on the roster. Our 11-15 would upgrade the Lakers bench significantly.

And push your starters …

T Rex

Not enough spots on the roster. Our 11-15 would upgrade the Lakers bench significantly.

And push your starters …

JordanC20
    Participant

Instead of doing a re-draft I will just name the players that I think will have the most success in the NBA.

1. Emmanuel Mudiay

2. Myles Turner

3. Karl-Anthony Towns

4. Jahlil Okafor

5. Bobby Portis

6. Mario Hezonja

7. D’Angelo Russell

8. Stanley Johnson

9. Devin Booker

10. Jerian Grant

11. Justin Anderson

12. Willie Cauley-Stein

13. Kelly Oubre

14. Frank Kaminsky

15. Kristaps Porzingis

16. Montrezl Harrell

17. Norman Powell

18. Justise Winslow

19. Kevon Looney

20. Rashad Vaughn

Honorable Mentions

RJ Hunter

Chris McCullough

Cameron Payne

Trey Lyles

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

JordanC20
    Participant

Instead of doing a re-draft I will just name the players that I think will have the most success in the NBA.

1. Emmanuel Mudiay

2. Myles Turner

3. Karl-Anthony Towns

4. Jahlil Okafor

5. Bobby Portis

6. Mario Hezonja

7. D’Angelo Russell

8. Stanley Johnson

9. Devin Booker

10. Jerian Grant

11. Justin Anderson

12. Willie Cauley-Stein

13. Kelly Oubre

14. Frank Kaminsky

15. Kristaps Porzingis

16. Montrezl Harrell

17. Norman Powell

18. Justise Winslow

19. Kevon Looney

20. Rashad Vaughn

Honorable Mentions

RJ Hunter

Chris McCullough

Cameron Payne

Trey Lyles

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Reptilian Monk
    Participant

Lol I actually laughed a bit. Thumbs up to you troll

Reptilian Monk
    Participant

Lol I actually laughed a bit. Thumbs up to you troll

Rip255

Its not really trolling. Theres busts in every lottery. If he thinks Dangelo Russell isngoimg to bust…thats his opinion.

Hes right about a lot of people having some phobia of independent thinking on here. 

After all…didnt Sam Bowie, Darko and Hasheem Thabeet all get drafted at the same spot as Russel

Rip255

Its not really trolling. Theres busts in every lottery. If he thinks Dangelo Russell isngoimg to bust…thats his opinion.

Hes right about a lot of people having some phobia of independent thinking on here. 

After all…didnt Sam Bowie, Darko and Hasheem Thabeet all get drafted at the same spot as Russel

Mopgrass
    Participant

I’ll only agree that Stanley Johnson and Myles Turner deserve a bump up. 

Mopgrass
    Participant

I’ll only agree that Stanley Johnson and Myles Turner deserve a bump up. 

nill650
    Participant

what is the basis for changing your picks? or were these now based on some new info like summer league or something? A lot of mock drafts are made by fans likie trex who want players selected in the order of their aparent  ability RIGHT NOW and only to a lesser degree in the league going forward, not accounting for need,fit,iq etc.

this draft much like most had its surprises, and some prospects that i would have thought should be taken didnt get drafted, just like many were drafted that did’nt show me anything in college or overseas.

scouting nba prospects is not my profession, but i love the game, i can tell if somebody "is" good, and can usualy tell if somebody "has the tools", or "the motor" …its only the prospects will all 3 of these things that go in the first round, and its only the ones with special advanced skilllsets and combinations of skillsets that should ever go in the top 5. unfortunately, not every draft has prospects like that.

i had no problem with most of the picks in the lottery, although i think Hezonja and Porzingas for example will have a better career than okafor but that doesnt mean where they were picked wasn’t the best choice for that team.

the only thing that can be debated really is not yet to be: time will tell.

nill650
    Participant

what is the basis for changing your picks? or were these now based on some new info like summer league or something? A lot of mock drafts are made by fans likie trex who want players selected in the order of their aparent  ability RIGHT NOW and only to a lesser degree in the league going forward, not accounting for need,fit,iq etc.

this draft much like most had its surprises, and some prospects that i would have thought should be taken didnt get drafted, just like many were drafted that did’nt show me anything in college or overseas.

scouting nba prospects is not my profession, but i love the game, i can tell if somebody "is" good, and can usualy tell if somebody "has the tools", or "the motor" …its only the prospects will all 3 of these things that go in the first round, and its only the ones with special advanced skilllsets and combinations of skillsets that should ever go in the top 5. unfortunately, not every draft has prospects like that.

i had no problem with most of the picks in the lottery, although i think Hezonja and Porzingas for example will have a better career than okafor but that doesnt mean where they were picked wasn’t the best choice for that team.

the only thing that can be debated really is not yet to be: time will tell.

T Rex

Not bad for early August. Mudiay should be higher, and perhaps Oubre lower, and a few other tweaks, but the basic names are mostly there.

T Rex

Not bad for early August. Mudiay should be higher, and perhaps Oubre lower, and a few other tweaks, but the basic names are mostly there.

nill650
    Participant

well let me think…its the 2nd week of the season and we are redrafting? 

not me…how about this; there is one thing becoming very clear to me that was somewhat clear when i made my mock…porzingas would be passed up for american born collegiate athletes with national attention,despite being the most versatile intl prospect in a long time. I also believe Hezonja will prove to be better pro in the longterm than most of the other players taken in the top 10.

I also think like i did when i mocked it that portis was a much better prospect than half the lottery picks,including the ones i had going before him,to teams without a clue on how to draft.

I never make my mocks based on what player is the bpa…i make them on what i am guessing ea org will do.

that is not the same thing.

nill650
    Participant

well let me think…its the 2nd week of the season and we are redrafting? 

not me…how about this; there is one thing becoming very clear to me that was somewhat clear when i made my mock…porzingas would be passed up for american born collegiate athletes with national attention,despite being the most versatile intl prospect in a long time. I also believe Hezonja will prove to be better pro in the longterm than most of the other players taken in the top 10.

I also think like i did when i mocked it that portis was a much better prospect than half the lottery picks,including the ones i had going before him,to teams without a clue on how to draft.

I never make my mocks based on what player is the bpa…i make them on what i am guessing ea org will do.

that is not the same thing.

ZachAttack
      Participant

As bad as what you think happened sounds, this is a lot worse.

This thread wasn’t just made two weeks into the regular season. This thread was made less than 2 weeks after the draft!!! T Rex was making posts like this long ago saying that D’Angelo Russel is terrible and that Kristaps Porzingis is the GOAT

ZachAttack
      Participant

As bad as what you think happened sounds, this is a lot worse.

This thread wasn’t just made two weeks into the regular season. This thread was made less than 2 weeks after the draft!!! T Rex was making posts like this long ago saying that D’Angelo Russel is terrible and that Kristaps Porzingis is the GOAT

Gold Chain

Somebody give it a shot.

What do you need, two years?

Gold Chain

Somebody give it a shot.

What do you need, two years?

trappedinthecloset

It’s like I can predict the future.

trappedinthecloset

It’s like I can predict the future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login