This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Lotto Stud 9 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2338016-nba-slam-dunk-contest-2015-date-updates-on-rumored-participants-and-more

Victor Oladipo – Giannis Antetokounmpo – Mason Plumlee – Zach LaVine

doubledribbler
    Participant

Add Wiggins and KJ McDaniels and it is probably enough to get me to watch it. 

doubledribbler
    Participant

Add Wiggins and KJ McDaniels and it is probably enough to get me to watch it. 

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
      Participant

What this guy said!!!

Pistol Pete. The Pelican
      Participant

What this guy said!!!

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

JoeWolf1

Not a bad group. The contest is what it is, at this point, but at least they’re all solid players and not scrubs.

Wiggins would be the highlight, though. Even if this is his only one, he’d be a fantastic addition.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

If Adam Silver will bring back the ’90s 6-Particiapants + multiple dunks/rounds format, it will be great for audience approval. Over the last past few Breaks, they have been acquiring great talent to fill seats, but the current format kills the fandom momentum. 

It’s weird that the stock has risen in talent, but the format declined. A 50/50 split this year, is what I am crossing fingers for.

JoeWolf1

Agreed. I feel like the format has been tweaked to death at this point. A reboot to the old format, but with more quality players would help. 

Have to figure the Greek Freak, Mason, LaVine and Oladipo would all be playing in the rookie/sophomore game, and have All-Star potential as they grow as players. If there can be some rivalries created in the contest it’s not completely out of the question that maybe they’ll come back next year or the year after as more prominent players and maybe even All-Stars.

Jeremy Evans is a great jumper, but I feel more fan involvement would be bolstered by guys people have heard of.

Lotto Stud
          Participant

I’m a bit disappointed to find out John Wall will not be defending his crown, but once again, I cannot blame him because of the format. I can gaurantee anyone, he took all of that into consideration after his first go-around.

It’s better to have Wall in one competition (ala Vince Carter-move) than to not have him in any at all ("Witness Protection-move").

Lotto Stud
          Participant

I’m a bit disappointed to find out John Wall will not be defending his crown, but once again, I cannot blame him because of the format. I can gaurantee anyone, he took all of that into consideration after his first go-around.

It’s better to have Wall in one competition (ala Vince Carter-move) than to not have him in any at all ("Witness Protection-move").

JoeWolf1

Agreed. I feel like the format has been tweaked to death at this point. A reboot to the old format, but with more quality players would help. 

Have to figure the Greek Freak, Mason, LaVine and Oladipo would all be playing in the rookie/sophomore game, and have All-Star potential as they grow as players. If there can be some rivalries created in the contest it’s not completely out of the question that maybe they’ll come back next year or the year after as more prominent players and maybe even All-Stars.

Jeremy Evans is a great jumper, but I feel more fan involvement would be bolstered by guys people have heard of.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

If Adam Silver will bring back the ’90s 6-Particiapants + multiple dunks/rounds format, it will be great for audience approval. Over the last past few Breaks, they have been acquiring great talent to fill seats, but the current format kills the fandom momentum. 

It’s weird that the stock has risen in talent, but the format declined. A 50/50 split this year, is what I am crossing fingers for.

JoeWolf1

Not a bad group. The contest is what it is, at this point, but at least they’re all solid players and not scrubs.

Wiggins would be the highlight, though. Even if this is his only one, he’d be a fantastic addition.

turkeysub
    Participant

Thank god Lavine is in the contest. The dunks he was doing over the summer were insane. I will actually watch this one. 

turkeysub
    Participant

Thank god Lavine is in the contest. The dunks he was doing over the summer were insane. I will actually watch this one. 

OhCanada-
    Participant

Plumlee is also a great dunker although he makes it seem so effortless that I don’t think he will beat out Lavine.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I hope he has improved with more finesse to his repertoire, because that’s what he’s going to be judged on the most.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I hope he has improved with more finesse to his repertoire, because that’s what he’s going to be judged on the most.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Plumlee is also a great dunker although he makes it seem so effortless that I don’t think he will beat out Lavine.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Who wins the 2nd place battle?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Who wins the 2nd place battle?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login