This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Land of Grant 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Which draft prospect do you view as the most marketable… Commercials, exclusive signature shoe contract etc.?

Lafferty Daniel
    Participant

Dunks sell. 

Lafferty Daniel
    Participant

Dunks sell. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Jabari Parker, Mormons have money, lots of it.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Jabari Parker, Mormons have money, lots of it.

ncballer

Smh.  He is highly marketable because he is respectful, has great social skills, and humble.   

ncballer

Smh.  He is highly marketable because he is respectful, has great social skills, and humble.   

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

Andrew Wiggins and Zach Lavine.

Wiggins is already well known and has the hype,along with the showtime athleticism. $$

Zach Lavine has all the tools needed to be marketable, along with the looks ( no homo).$$

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

Andrew Wiggins and Zach Lavine.

Wiggins is already well known and has the hype,along with the showtime athleticism. $$

Zach Lavine has all the tools needed to be marketable, along with the looks ( no homo).$$

kazam
    Participant

I think a guy like Embiid is really marketable. I dont know if any of you guys look at prospect or players twitters but he is always hash tagging sayings that are pretty jokes. For example, I saw a picture of him and some of the Kansas guys and he hash tagged "# we are all from africa" which is pretty funny. 

Big smile, pretty nice kid from all accounts.

kazam
    Participant

I think a guy like Embiid is really marketable. I dont know if any of you guys look at prospect or players twitters but he is always hash tagging sayings that are pretty jokes. For example, I saw a picture of him and some of the Kansas guys and he hash tagged "# we are all from africa" which is pretty funny. 

Big smile, pretty nice kid from all accounts.

thatdude44
    Participant

I’d have to say Wiggins and Parker are the most marketable. Wiggins has the hype! He’s a decent kid and has a good game. Parker speaks really well and is a very humble kid, he kind of reminds me of Derrick Rose. I’m sure they’ll both lead there teams pretty far in the tourney which can only help push there marketability. Sky’s the limit for them both…

thatdude44
    Participant

I’d have to say Wiggins and Parker are the most marketable. Wiggins has the hype! He’s a decent kid and has a good game. Parker speaks really well and is a very humble kid, he kind of reminds me of Derrick Rose. I’m sure they’ll both lead there teams pretty far in the tourney which can only help push there marketability. Sky’s the limit for them both…

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Dante Exum as he is an international player from a country where basketball is starting to increase in popularity and ability. No offense to Bogut who is a good player in his own right, but Exum is an athletic guard that the league seems to be loving right now. So as he is an international prospect I say he has great marketability.

Potential for a Wiggins vs Parker market as well, but I feel that will require them meeting in the NCAA tourney and putting on an amazing show.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Dante Exum as he is an international player from a country where basketball is starting to increase in popularity and ability. No offense to Bogut who is a good player in his own right, but Exum is an athletic guard that the league seems to be loving right now. So as he is an international prospect I say he has great marketability.

Potential for a Wiggins vs Parker market as well, but I feel that will require them meeting in the NCAA tourney and putting on an amazing show.

theballerway
    Participant

Wigins vs Parker dynamic being marketed like Dirk 41 said, I think its possible without a second ncaa meeting though as theyll be drafted colse to each other whichever way you flip it. Similar to that early Melo /LBJ comparison. they will forever be compared imo.

I like them both as advertsisment pitchmen, Also Doug Mc Dermont – I just think hes gonne be quite successful for some reason and hes as clean cut amereican boy as it gets. Maybe Randle at some stage of his career as he seems like an engaging personality

theballerway
    Participant

Wigins vs Parker dynamic being marketed like Dirk 41 said, I think its possible without a second ncaa meeting though as theyll be drafted colse to each other whichever way you flip it. Similar to that early Melo /LBJ comparison. they will forever be compared imo.

I like them both as advertsisment pitchmen, Also Doug Mc Dermont – I just think hes gonne be quite successful for some reason and hes as clean cut amereican boy as it gets. Maybe Randle at some stage of his career as he seems like an engaging personality

benny15
    Participant

lets say you were working for Converse and knew that you didnt have the budget to go competing with nike and adidas for Wiggins and Parker as endorsers, which 6 players from this draft class would you chase after?

i ask this particular scenario because i remember in the 2003 draft, converse wanted to get back in and become a major player in the basketball shoes industry but could not compete with nike and adidas who were targeting lebron and melo for obvious reasons. converse then went around and signed Dwyane Wade, Kirk Hinrich, Michael Sweetney, Jameer Nelson and Troy Bell. im not sure but i think they also got Chris Bosh.

now if you were in the same situation for this next year, who would you stake your money, career and reputation on the line for and sign to a 5 year deal before they get too expensive

mikeyvthedon
      Participant

Nike bought Converse in 2003 and they are still a subsidiary. If they sign one of these guys, it will be backed by Nike. My guess is that Wiggins and Parker both sign with Nike or some off-shoot within Nike. Would not chase anyone other than Embiid too hard in this class and think he has a chance to sign with Adidas or someone else. Maybe Exum, though once again, doubt he goes for anything other than a major brand.

Just be aware that Nike owns Converse, just like Reebok is a subsidiary of Reebok. Under Armour, Peak and a few others are out there, though if you look at the list of sneakers NBA players wear, not many companies outside that aren’t being backed by either Nike or Adidas.

mikeyvthedon
      Participant

Nike bought Converse in 2003 and they are still a subsidiary. If they sign one of these guys, it will be backed by Nike. My guess is that Wiggins and Parker both sign with Nike or some off-shoot within Nike. Would not chase anyone other than Embiid too hard in this class and think he has a chance to sign with Adidas or someone else. Maybe Exum, though once again, doubt he goes for anything other than a major brand.

Just be aware that Nike owns Converse, just like Reebok is a subsidiary of Reebok. Under Armour, Peak and a few others are out there, though if you look at the list of sneakers NBA players wear, not many companies outside that aren’t being backed by either Nike or Adidas.

benny15
    Participant

lets say you were working for Converse and knew that you didnt have the budget to go competing with nike and adidas for Wiggins and Parker as endorsers, which 6 players from this draft class would you chase after?

i ask this particular scenario because i remember in the 2003 draft, converse wanted to get back in and become a major player in the basketball shoes industry but could not compete with nike and adidas who were targeting lebron and melo for obvious reasons. converse then went around and signed Dwyane Wade, Kirk Hinrich, Michael Sweetney, Jameer Nelson and Troy Bell. im not sure but i think they also got Chris Bosh.

now if you were in the same situation for this next year, who would you stake your money, career and reputation on the line for and sign to a 5 year deal before they get too expensive

barbabodom
    Participant

Sim Bhullar. He´ll be India´s Yao Ming

barbabodom
    Participant

Sim Bhullar. He´ll be India´s Yao Ming

Land of Grant
    Participant

Exum. Well, maybe not most marketable but most important. Could open up a whole new international Australia thing, and the NBA seems to be like anything with the word "international".

In terms of pure money-generation, I’ll go Embiid. Nice dude. Will interest Cameroonians. Dunks. Blocks. The reason I emphasize the international aspect more with Exum is that Australia is a bigger country with more media access and generation.

Land of Grant
    Participant

Exum. Well, maybe not most marketable but most important. Could open up a whole new international Australia thing, and the NBA seems to be like anything with the word "international".

In terms of pure money-generation, I’ll go Embiid. Nice dude. Will interest Cameroonians. Dunks. Blocks. The reason I emphasize the international aspect more with Exum is that Australia is a bigger country with more media access and generation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login